Which wrestler has the greatest ego of all time?

Phantasmagore

53 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Hulk Hogan
    • Shawn Michaels
    • Bret Hart
    • CM Punk
    • Triple H
    • Kevin Nash
    • Brock Lesnar
    • Other

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I am surprised about Mick Foley as well. For some reason, his name pops up whenever wrestling and ego are used in the same sentence. Apparently, it has something to do with his autobiography. I was rather hoping to find answers when I included him in the poll.

I've read all four of them and nothing seems egotisical about him in any of them. The closest I can find are his shots at Ric Flair in retaliation for the "glorified stuntman" comments directed at Mick (and slightly Terry Funk) in Flair's book.

Shawn Michaels? how come? (excuse my ignorance)

The 1990s. Plenty of guys, and even HBK himself, will tell you of his horrible attitude at the time.

Yeah I can see that with the screwjob and all but I mean he did put over lots of guys since he came back in 2004, he may have an ego but Hogan's ego is the reason behind the hole in the ozone layer damn it
Read my post. Late 90's he was on drugs and a different person. He changed when he came back so I wouldn't really say he was egotistical then.
According to Shane Helms, he still a douche. Honky Tonk Man and Adam Bomb said similar things too but I believe its his "old self", before he made a comeback. You guys should watch wrestlers shoots at HBK on YouTube. Changes a lot of my perspective about the guy

Hogan. Can't think of 5 people he has put over in the WWE 100% clean. Only Warrior (WM VI) and Rock (WM X8) come to mind. Not to mention the WM IX fiasco.

Warrior, Rock, Angle, Taker, Brock, Billy *censored*ing Kidman.

Billy Kidman was anything but clean

Hulk Hogan is an eccentric person and he was definitely really full of himself at one time, but I don't think he has a big ego anymore. He actually seems like a pretty cool guy these days. He's willing to poke fun at himself, put other people over, and do gigs that other wrestlers of his stature won't.

I don't think Mick Foley is egotistical at all. He never has been. He's a character, but I would never describe him as having a "massive ego".

Of the choices in the poll, I'd have to go with CM Punk and Shawn Michaels.

Hogan. Can't think of 5 people he has put over in the WWE 100% clean. Only Warrior (WM VI) and Rock (WM X8) come to mind. Not to mention the WM IX fiasco.

Warrior, Rock, Angle, Taker, Brock, Billy *censored*ing Kidman.

Angle = Not sure

Taker = Interference from Vince

Brock = Interference from Heyman

Billy Kidman = WCW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIAQD4mWDhU

Hogan loses to a god damn bear hug in this match. On Smackdown. If that's not putting someone over, I don't know what is. People act like Austin was so justified for not wanting to put Brock over on Raw (even though he himself has admitted it was a mistake) but they're quick to complain about how Hogan won't put anybody over.

Hogan, easily. The dude would refuse to put anyone over and refused to lose to Bret, preferring to lose to Yokozuna in a dirty way instead. Hell, he even put himself over with his promo when he was to lose to the Warrior. Eff that shit.

Shawn was egotistical, but not anymore. Punk may be egotistical, but not to the point that he'd hurt the business, and he actually backs up the ego. Bret Hart may be egotistical, but again he cares about the business, even though his ego probably led to the Screwjob. Triple H isn't as egotistical, and he's put others over. Triple H just had Evolution lose to the Shield, clean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIAQD4mWDhU

Hogan loses to a god damn bear hug in this match. On Smackdown. If that's not putting someone over, I don't know what is. People act like Austin was so justified for not wanting to put Brock over on Raw (even though he himself has admitted it was a mistake) but they're quick to complain about how Hogan won't put anybody over.

Do me a favour. Tell me what happens at 8:23 in that video. Yes Hogan put Leanar over but it wasn't clean. He's as bad as Cena in that reguard.

Archived