General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fake high as in having to do drugs to feel happy or whatever.

Feeling happy and being high are two different things, though. I don't think there's any "natural" way to replicate the high you get from smoking a joint. I don't see how a high can constitute as fake - even though it shifts things around a bit and harder things even alter your perception of what's real - the experience is still real.

I had sober people around me who didn't believe that I'd drank an entire bottle of Jack and taken painkillers (despite seeing me do it right in front of them).

What kid of idiots did you use to hang out with?

When I said they didn't believe it, I obviously didn't mean that they literally didn't believe it. Man, the internet sucks...I'm just saying, they used to say "how are you still walking, talking, etc?" My tolerance was through the roof back then.

We need to party!

I don't think there's too much political correctness. Well, I guess there is sometimes, when, you know, extremists cause shit like newschannel to apologize over things that aren't even attacking anyone at all, but aside from that there isn't. I love making jokes over races, sexuality and gender. I also get that there's a difference in intent. Like, when you make it clear you joke around and you're with your friends, that's a whole different thing. But I also understand why people don't like it and I can't say I disagree with that. Tumblr gets a lot of shit (in general but I mean a specific thing right now) for freaking out over comics with timey jokes etc. but I can kinda see their point, really. Casual racism/sexism/homophobia would always keep that type of stuff around and I see why that is somewhat frowned upon.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think being super sensitive about these issues is being too sensitive, or, like a lot of people like to phrase it "overly politically correct". I think it's good we're slowly going towards a no tolerance attitude when it comes to discrimination. Not that I'm not guilty of doing it myself sometimes, like I said, I like those type of jokes too, but yeah.

*Ahem*

Cheese is awful.

I don't trust you as a human being. If I knew you in person, I would keep a constant eye on you, always expecting you to potentially ruin anything good.

Yeah, truth. I mean, allergic, okay, I feel for ya, but you don't LIKE cheese?! Stay away from my children and don't reproduce. No adoptions either. Your blood needs to disappear from our planet.

I'm with Lyriqz in some regard. I think it's kind of *censored*ed up that people are attacked for suggesting that a trans person be referred to by their proper gender, or telling somebody not to call a person with a disability "retarded", or even being offended by rape jokes. As I've gotten older and met more people who have had a lot more struggles than me, I've become so much more sympathetic towards these type of things.

People sound like morons when they say "chiil/no chill"...and when they say "squad"...or any other number of stupid things that people say around these forums than make them all sound exactly the same as each other.

no chill at all

I don't think there's too much political correctness. Well, I guess there is sometimes, when, you know, extremists cause shit like newschannel to apologize over things that aren't even attacking anyone at all, but aside from that there isn't. I love making jokes over races, sexuality and gender. I also get that there's a difference in intent. Like, when you make it clear you joke around and you're with your friends, that's a whole different thing. But I also understand why people don't like it and I can't say I disagree with that. Tumblr gets a lot of shit (in general but I mean a specific thing right now) for freaking out over comics with timey jokes etc. but I can kinda see their point, really. Casual racism/sexism/homophobia would always keep that type of stuff around and I see why that is somewhat frowned upon.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think being super sensitive about these issues is being too sensitive, or, like a lot of people like to phrase it "overly politically correct". I think it's good we're slowly going towards a no tolerance attitude when it comes to discrimination. Not that I'm not guilty of doing it myself sometimes, like I said, I like those type of jokes too, but yeah.

On one hand I think a lot of people are overly sensitive for no good reason. But at the same time I do realize there are genuinely a lot of people who are reasonably offended when certain words/phrases are used casually. I have stopped using rape and retarded and shit like that because I have met people who have very good reasons to actually be offended by them and I'd just be an asshole to use them. A lot of people think that if something isn't remotely offensive to them then they don't see how anyone could be justifiably offended by it and that's just a *censored*ed up view. If you want to say things around your friends you know won't be offended that's fine but you also have to just be a respectful human being when you're talking around people you don't know much about.

On one hand I think a lot of people are overly sensitive for no good reason. But at the same time I do realize there are genuinely a lot of people who are reasonably offended when certain words/phrases are used casually. I have stopped using rape and retarded and shit like that because I have met people who have very good reasons to actually be offended by them and I'd just be an asshole to use them. A lot of people think that if something isn't remotely offensive to them then they don't see how anyone could be justifiably offended by it and that's just a *censored*ed up view. If you want to say things around your friends you know won't be offended that's fine but you also have to just be a respectful human being when you're talking around people you don't know much about.

Too many people get offended too easily anymore.

You added literally nothing to the conversation, he literally says he feels that way in the first sentence of his post.

I am aware of this. A few points that I was going to add is many people get offended and upset when they don't succeed in everything, it seems everybody needs to feel rewarded just for participating, whether it be in competitive sports, school, etc. Also, it seems pointing out even the most minor flaw somebody has is considered offensive, everybody wants to feel they're perfect. Also, arguing against certain points or people causes people to throw out overused buzz words such as "racist" and "bigot", rather than presenting a good argument to the conversation. There's several more examples of this behavior I could also touch on.

Tbh if you get called bigot or racist, a lot of times it's either as a joke or deservedly. Like, unless you engange in conversation with media/blog people who just try to create drama to further their personal agenda, I don't think a lot of people throw that around seriously without it being at least somewhat justified.

Tbh if you get called bigot or racist, a lot of times it's either as a joke or deservedly. Like, unless you engange in conversation with media/blog people who just try to create drama to further their personal agenda, I don't think a lot of people throw that around seriously without it being at least somewhat justified.

It was not face to face, but I got called racist before for pointing out people were overhyping Obama, some people treated him as if he were the second coming or something. Bigot was when I spoke negatively about meth users, saying they bring their misfortune on themselves, and also when I ran down drug culture as a whole.

It was not face to face, but I got called racist before for pointing out people were overhyping Obama, some people treated him as if he were the second coming or something. Bigot was when I spoke negatively about meth users, saying they bring their misfortune on themselves, and also when I ran down drug culture as a whole.

Running down drug culture as a whole can be bigoted, depending on what your reasoning is (or lack thereof).

Archived