General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

Being in a relationship is one of the most overrated things a person can possibly do and it seems most people pursue them due to societal pressures.

Yeah, I'm 19 and have no desire for a sexual relationship or romantic relationship at all. Happy just doing my own thing.

Same except that I'm 21. I just find them boring tbh and much prefer my own company. Plus I can't be arsed with all the arguing.

So is it the just the relationship you guys have no desire for is it the sexual desire all together?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how relationships are the "most" overrated thing in life. I will say people seem to only get in them for social media or other shit but overall I think people in general would love to have a companion. I don't know though. I've been in relationships before. Not currently but they're really a life lesson and you learn stuff about yourself you may not have known. Got to take them for what they are.

Being in a relationship is one of the most overrated things a person can possibly do and it seems most people pursue them due to societal pressures.

When you're in a good one it's actually really amazing.

Yeah, I find that to be a puzzling statement. I'd suspect that anyone who feels that relationships are overrated is simply someone who's never actually experienced a great one, 'cause I don't see how such a thing could possibly be considered overrated.

Like, 'Yeah, I'm together with this person who I'm extremely passionate about, and I connect with her/him on a level that's incomparable to anything I've ever experienced with anyone else... but it's overrated.'

Yeah, I find that to be a puzzling statement. I'd suspect that anyone who feels that relationships are overrated is simply someone who's never actually experienced a great one, 'cause I don't see how such a thing could possibly be considered overrated.

Like, 'Yeah, I'm together with this person who I'm extremely passionate about, and I connect with her/him on a level that's incomparable to anything I've ever experienced with anyone else... but it's overrated.'

Most of them aren't like that, though. And it's more or less the concept of them itself that I find overrated.

Most of them aren't like that, though. And it's more or less the concept of them itself that I find overrated.

The ones that typically last are like that though. You're suppose to have bad ones and good ones. That's the name of the game. You learn from the bad ones.

The majority of people would agree that poor relationships aren't a good thing, so they couldn't possibly be considered overrated, as they're not held in a high regard in the first place.

The majority of people do, however, hold good relationships in a high regard, therefore, those are the only types of relationships that could possibly qualify as being overrated.

If you feel that good relationships are overrated (or the concept of a good relationship), then I'm curious as to why you feel that way.

The majority of people would agree that poor relationships aren't a good thing, so they couldn't possibly be considered overrated, as they're not held in a high regard in the first place.

The majority of people do, however, hold good relationships in a high regard, therefore, those are the only types of relationships that could possibly qualify as being overrated.

If you feel that good relationships are overrated (or the concept of a good relationship), then I'm curious as to why you feel that way.

I feel the whole concept of becoming so attached to somebody that it becomes a mean of validation and base so much of your life around them is a little dumb, to honest. It also makes people emotionally vulnerable.

I feel the whole concept of becoming so attached to somebody that it becomes a mean of validation and base so much of your life around them is a little dumb, to honest. It also makes people emotionally vulnerable.

Uhm, if you have a relationship for the sake of feeling or being perceived and validated, it's not a good relationship. What kind of fedora-reddit shit is this

Uhm, if you have a relationship for the sake of feeling or being perceived and validated, it's not a good relationship. What kind of fedora-reddit shit is this

I just see them as pointless endeavors.

I feel like you're either REALLY oblivious to what a proper relationship actually is, severly un- and/or antisocial or otherwise mentally unhealthy (which is okay, everyone can be affected by that) or you're trying REALLY hard to be edgy.

I feel like you're either REALLY oblivious to what a proper relationship actually is, severly un- and/or antisocial or otherwise mentally unhealthy (which is okay, everyone can be affected by that) or you're trying REALLY hard to be edgy.

Perhaps something along the lines of avoidant personality disorder, at least for them. I have never felt a reason to pursue a relationship. And I don't see how that view of relationships is unhealthy.

Pick which approach you want explained.

Biologically - No desire for relationships is irregular in terms of instinct and unhealthy fora species in a broad sense.

Socially (which, let's be honest, is the only relevant thing here) - You're missing out on a lot.

Biologically - No desire for relationships is irregular in terms of instinct and unhealthy fora species in a broad sense.

Socially (which, let's be honest, is the only relevant thing here) - You're missing out on a lot.

I don't feel as if I am missing out on anything.

You're missing out on stuff, just stuff that's of no value to you. Which is fine, you're fulfilled and that's great.

I hear I miss out many things, like alcohol. People act like it's some wonderful nectar of the God's, while I personally see it as bottled idiocy.

You'd need to experience it to know

If Undertaker asked you for a shag, would you say no? since he seems to be your bae

You'd need to experience it to know

If Undertaker asked you for a shag, would you say no? since he seems to be your bae

Why try something that is about as interesting to one as watching paint dry? Seems like a dull experience.

Archived