General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To prepare kids for working life, make school 9-5 and get rid of half terms and etc

They think they're hard done by but there's no two week holidays every two months when you're in a full time job

Most countries have different schooling systems and the idea of a half-term is the British one, wouldn't translate well overseas.

I don't know about you guys but since like 8th grade on a mid level educational level, we often had 8 to 4 or 4:30 in school. At least twice a week.

And holiday breaks are needed for organisational work too. Plus teachers wouldn't be cool with it either, I reckon.

More work/school =/= more discipline, really. Content > Time spent.

I don't know about you guys but since like 8th grade on a mid level educational level, we often had 8 to 4 or 4:30 in school. At least twice a week.

And holiday breaks are needed for organisational work too. Plus teachers wouldn't be cool with it either, I reckon.

More work/school =/= more discipline, really. Content > Time spent.

Yeah this.

My schooling week in high school was

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:40-3:20

Tuesday, 8:40-12:40

then you'd have a week or two off like every month

tbf I'm just bitter at these kids whinging about school, when I'm doing full time hours

When I was in school, it was something like what Lyriqs said. I can't remember the specific times, but, I would get up at some early hour of the morning (something like 6 or 7) and be in school shortly after. Then school would last until 3:30 or something and I'd be home by 4. That was 5 days a week. Only days off were Saturday and Sunday.

I do not miss school in the slightest. Biggest waste of childhood...and I maintain that anything important that I know, I actually learned on my own. All school does is teach you how to interact with other people (which I failed miserably at, I might add).

People need to get sticks outta their asses and quit slut or virgin shaming or judging others based on how many partners they've had.

Slut shaming I think is fine. And I'm not talking about doing it to people who just...you know, happen to get around in the grand scheme of things while trying to find a partner...but when it comes to people who intentionally sleep around with anything that moves...with no regards for anyone that they come in contact with, then by all means...shame the *Censored* out of them. Why shouldn't they be made to feel like the piles of shit that they are? I'm not going to protect these shitty people by pretending that they're good people when they aren't. Hell, I have friends that sleep with other girls while they have girlfriends and I would never tell their girlfriends or anything, but my opinion of them as people is certainly lower than my opinions of other friends who don't do that...so, it goes both ways. It isn't just about women being sluts. I have an issue with both sides of it. I think it's one of the reasons why the world is such a shit hole and it's so hard to find a meaningful relationship in this era.

As for virgin shaming...that's stupid as a whole. That goes in the same category as being drug free, alcohol free, not owning a car, or any other number of things that society deems "normal activities" that everyone must partake in or else they're a social outcast. Also, it says a lot of you as a person if you're actually genuinely concerned about other people not having sex. In what universe should you even care if someone isn't getting laid?

People need to get sticks outta their asses and quit slut or virgin shaming or judging others based on how many partners they've had.

Slut shaming I think is fine. And I'm not talking about doing it to people who just...you know, happen to get around in the grand scheme of things while trying to find a partner...but when it comes to people who intentionally sleep around with anything that moves...with no regards for anyone that they come in contact with, then by all means...shame the *Censored* out of them. Why shouldn't they be made to feel like the piles of shit that they are? I'm not going to protect these shitty people by pretending that they're good people when they aren't.

As for virgin shaming...that's stupid as a whole. That goes in the same category as being drug free, alcohol free, not owning a car, or any other number of things that society deems "normal activities" that everyone must partake in or else they're a social outcast. Also, it says a lot of you as a person if you're actually genuinely concerned about other people not having sex. In what universe should you even care if someone isn't getting laid?

Well...technically as a race it is in our best interest for other humans to have sex :hqhq:

But yeah. Someone NOT having sex, NOT drinking alcohol, NOT taking drugs doesn't effect others and doesn't concern them in the slightest.

Also agree with the slut part. Because these people act just like you said

Well...technically as a race it is in our best interest for other humans to have sex :hqhq:

Not when the population is at 7 billion and climbing, it isn't.

There are thousands of km² without any population at all. Especially in Asia, North- and Southamerica.

Even with 10 Billion people we would still be fine.

I don't think *censored*ing with a lot of people makes you a slut or whatever alternative names for people who do that exist. But if you cheat on someone who you're in a relationship with and have no arrangements that it's okay, then that's pretty slutty and *censored*ed up and by all means, *Censored* you then.

There are thousands of km² without any population at all. Especially in Asia, North- and Southamerica.

If you believe that, you're a moron.

It isn't just about land, it's about resources and climate. We would hunt shit to extinction, run out of food and water, change the atmosphere, etc...which are all things that we are already doing. I read the other day that California has roughly a year of water left. I don't know if that's true, but the ease with which people ignore these kinds of problems is hilarious to me. And sad. Mostly sad.

It isn't just about land, it's about resources and climate. We would hunt shit to extinction, run out of food and water, change the atmosphere, etc...which are all things that we are already doing. I read the other day that California has roughly a year of water left. I don't know if that's true, but the ease with which people ignore these kinds of problems is hilarious to me. And sad. Mostly sad.

What you said is a problem that comes from the way we live, not from the amount of people we are

What you said is a problem that comes from the way we live, not from the amount of people we are

And considering that the way we live isn't going to miraculously change if we add 3 billion extra people to the equation, I'd say the problem would be greatly exacerbated by a population influx of that size. Hence, only a moron would believe that.

I don't know about the US or the UK, but here in Germany we have one of the lowest birth rate on the planet.

And it's not like we would suddenly have 3 Billion more people on earth. The population would rise little by litte over the years and we would expand our cities. Mainly in countries that have a high birth rate and a good health programm.

Except, it doesn't rise little by little, it rises exponentially...and that isn't what we're discussing anyway. We're discussing the fact that you said that having 10 billion people would be fine and dandy, which it wouldn't.

Well...I disagree. But I already said that.

We humans also learn with the time and we are able to adapt new situations. This would be no difference. Especially since we know that it is growing every year.

Except, it doesn't rise little by little, it rises exponentially...and that isn't what we're discussing anyway. We're discussing the fact that you said that having 10 billion people would be fine and dandy, which it wouldn't.

We humans also learn with the time and we are able to adapt new situations. This would be no difference. Especially since we know that it is growing every year.

You can't adapt to a dead planet, you goon.

You can't adapt to a dead planet, you goon.

then we should stop killing the planet

Archived