Match types that were removed confirmed by people that got the game

Past

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know who came up with the idea to leave us in the dark with news about the game? Because I want to slap them. Hard. With a chair.

Or maybe smash 'em with a sledgehammer... spear them through the barricade, then curb stomp them on concrete to seal the deal.

Seriously though, I am really annoyed with their marketing.. it's pathetic.

>An user answers none of that has been removed, but renamed and moved to a different place and implemented in the renamed Match Creator (just like Create A Superstar has been renamed Superstar Studio), which would be logical with the new interface

>None believes it

Is this even true?

Seriously i am wondering on what they have to remove to make you people stop defending them.I am just that curious.Why is all this stuff acceptable? Because its their first year?Oh yea cant wait for next years excuses,they are gonna be pretty interesting to hear.Personally i dont mind that anyone is getting the game,but please stop acting like 2k is marry sue and that they cant do no wrong,its so god damn annoying.They removed some of the basic matches.Lader match is important,so is special ref,both whom i myself and alot of other people who dont voice themselves played alot.You arent helping anyone with saying "oh i didnt play with it,so i dont care that its removed".If lets say Marcus reads that,the feedback they will get is that we dont care about it and guess what?It will never come back.Think abit before you post,this game is for everyone and not just for yourself.I personally dont care about this year anymore,its ruined for me,but please stop writing stupid excuses for them and giving them ideas for more stuff to be removed,id like to be able to play at least a decently likeable wrestling game next year since i cant this year.

Thank you!

Did we ever find out why we had a 3 week delay?

I want to know who came up with the idea to leave us in the dark with news about the game? Because I want to slap them. Hard. With a chair.

Or maybe smash 'em with a sledgehammer... spear them through the barricade, then curb stomp them on concrete to seal the deal.

Seriously though, I am really annoyed with their marketing.. it's pathetic.

Kinda wish 2K14 had a digital dl for the new consoles.

Wow, they actually skipped Tornado Tag? I can't think of a single wrestling game on any platform in the last 20 years that didn't have that stipulation. Makes me wonder when the review embargo will be lifted.

Also, fair enough to those that still or don't want to support this little product, but I don't see any logical reason why someone else's buying decision that differs from yours should ever bother you. Leave others be and get over it.

Didn't the DLC Showcase say in one of them (Orton one) new match types? Maybe that's why they aren't in? Didn't Orton and Christian do a Ladder match on a SD once?

Now that you say it...Isn't Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio part of the Orton/Christian showcase? Which would be a ladder match?

Didn't the DLC Showcase say in one of them (Orton one) new match types? Maybe that's why they aren't in? Didn't Orton and Christian do a Ladder match on a SD once?

Could be Showcase exclusive though, like the Casket match.

Wow, they actually skipped Tornado Tag? I can't think of a single wrestling game on any platform in the last 20 years that didn't have that stipulation. Makes me wonder when the review embargo will be lifted.

Also, fair enough to those that still or don't want to support this little product, but I don't see any logical reason why someone else's buying decision that differs from yours should ever bother you. Leave others be and get over it.

Well said. I'm on a few forums, and I've been getting a lot of stick from people on those sites all because I've seen more than enough to warrant a 'buy' for me.

If this is true, lemme get this straight: In order to access certain types of matches that were in previous versions, you will have to pay extra for them since they're DLC?

Goddamnit, 2K!

I'm thinking alot of these matches being removed is probably down to WWE not using them. The Ladder match 1 Vs. 1 being removed seems odd as it's part of Neville's Who Got NxT, is it not?

Unless that mode isn't in the PS4 version. Haven't had time to really learn the details of both versions of the game.

Anyway removing matches and even features like DQ, Count-Outs, etc sucks worse than The Miz's acting. Mizdow FTW! :P.

Special Referee being removed is a strange especially when we can create a Referee attire.

I'm thinking alot of these matches being removed is probably down to WWE not using them. The Ladder match 1 Vs. 1 being removed seems odd as it's part of Neville's Who Got NxT, is it not?

Unless that mode isn't in the PS4 version. Haven't had time to really learn the details of both versions of the game.

Anyway removing matches and even features like DQ, Count-Outs, etc sucks worse than The Miz's acting. Mizdow FTW! :P.

Special Referee being removed is a strange especially when we can create a Referee attire.

Who Got NXT is only in last gen, Career Mode is only in current gen.

So just to give a breakdown of what match types been axed on the current gen's version, here's an outline...

1 vs 1:
- Normal
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Inferno
- Iron Man
- Ladder
- Last Man Standing
- Steel Cage
- Submission
- Table
- TLC
- I Quit
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
(Now known as "No Holds Barred" I would assume)

2 vs 2:
- Tag Team
- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell

- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC

- Elimination
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table

- Mixed(?)

Triple Threat:
- Normal
- Extreme Rules
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage

- Table
- TLC

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:
- Normal
- Battle Royal
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ

6-Man:
- Normal Tag
- Hell in a Cell
- Battle Royal
- Elimination Chamber
- Elimination Chamber Tag(?)
- Elimination Tag
- Ladder

Handicap:
- 1 vs 2
- 1 vs 2 Tornado
- 1 vs 3
- 1 vs 3 Tornado
- 2 vs 3
- Gauntlet

Championship Scramble(?):
- Normal

Backstage Brawl:
- 1 vs 1

- 2 vs 2
- 1 vs 2
- 1 vs 3
- Triple Threat
- Fatal 4 Way

Royal Rumble:
- 10 Man
- 20 Man
- 30 Man
- 40 Man

So just to give a breakdown of what match types been axed on the current gen's version, here's an outline...

1 vs 1:

- Normal

- Extreme Rules

- Hell in a Cell

- Inferno

- Iron Man

- Ladder

- Last Man Standing

- Steel Cage

- Submission

- Table

- TLC

- I Quit

- Falls Count Anywhere

- 2 out of 3 Falls

- No DQ (Now known as "No Holds Barred" I would assume)

2 vs 2:

- Tag Team

- Tornado Tag

- Extreme Rules

- Hell in a Cell

- Ladder

- Steel Cage

- Table

- TLC

- Elimination

- Elimination Tornado

- Elimination Table

- Mixed(?)

Triple Threat:

- Normal

- Extreme Rules

- Falls Count Anywhere

- 2 out of 3 Falls

- No DQ

- Hell in a Cell

- Ladder

- Steel Cage

- Table

- TLC

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Normal

- Battle Royal

- Extreme Rules

- Hell in a Cell

- Ladder

- Steel Cage

- Table

- TLC

- Falls Count Anywhere

- 2 out of 3 Falls

- No DQ

6-Man:

- Normal Tag

- Hell in a Cell

- Battle Royal

- Elimination Chamber

- Elimination Chamber Tag(?)

- Elimination Tag

- Ladder

Handicap:

- 1 vs 2

- 1 vs 2 Tornado

- 1 vs 3

- 1 vs 3 Tornado

- 2 vs 3

- Gauntlet

Championship Scramble(?):

- Normal

Backstage Brawl:

- 1 vs 1

- 2 vs 2

- 1 vs 2

- 1 vs 3

- Triple Threat

- Fatal 4 Way

Royal Rumble:

- 10 Man

- 20 Man

- 30 Man

- 40 Man

Scramble was removed last year.

1 vs 1:

- Normal

- Extreme Rules

- Hell in a Cell

- Inferno

- Iron Man

- Ladder

- Last Man Standing

- Steel Cage

- Submission

- Table

- TLC

- I Quit

- Falls Count Anywhere

- 2 out of 3 Falls

- No DQ (Now known as "No Holds Barred" I would assume)

2 vs 2:

- Tag Team

- Tornado Tag

- Extreme Rules

- Hell in a Cell

- Ladder

- Steel Cage

- Table

- TLC

- Elimination

- Elimination Tornado

- Elimination Table