Match types that were removed confirmed by people that got the game

Past

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I'll fire up my Xbox 360 and play a special referee I quit match.

All sniping aside, I can't believe that they couldn't make these work in the new engine, maybe they're planning to add them during the updates. Or they're going the THQ route and bringing them back as brand new match types in the next games.

You honestly believe in what you just said? -.-

Also: "I can't believe that they couldn't make these work in the new engine"

There's no new engine people! The engine is what this game has been working on for few years now since 2011. The additional things to the gameplay don't make it a new engine. But to answer your question: Well... they could make them work in the game but for whatever reason they didn't, they were probably too lazy and didn't give a damn about those special matches.

I see it like this:

2K: "What's that? Why is there a triple threat ladder match option while you can already have triple thread tables, ladders AND chairs match.. probably just some old code. DELETE IT!"

That's how I see 2K's knowledge on wrestling. They never did anything close to wrestling.

they removed special referee match after people wanted it back for so many years? why are they removing so much from this game? do they want to fail? i,m sorry, but this is a step too far, i,m cancelling my pre-order and sticking with the ps3 version

You gotta remember it's not THQ and Yukes on Next gen.. it's 2K & Visual Concepts. Technically two completely different companies sharing the same license. They share aspects of the game but it's not the same franchise.

Like ACClaim's WWF Warzone & Attitude were nothing like Legends of Wrestling

No because they were much better than those WWF games.

As much as I'm not happy about their marketing strategy and things they removed, but some users here have nothing to do except repeat the same complaint over and over and over in every thread. It's as pathetic as 2K's marketing strategy.

Can't wait to hear 2K's excuses about all the things they removed though.

Think I'll fire up my Xbox 360 and play a special referee I quit match.

All sniping aside, I can't believe that they couldn't make these work in the new engine, maybe they're planning to add them during the updates. Or they're going the THQ route and bringing them back as brand new match types in the next games.

I see it like this:

2K: "What's that? Why is there a triple threat ladder match option while you can already have triple thread tables, ladders AND chairs match.. probably just some old code. DELETE IT!"

That's how I see 2K's knowledge on wrestling. They never did anything close to wrestling.

Yep, I see it like this also.

"Special referee? But there's already a referee in these matches, why have a match that focusses on an official for crying out loud?! DELETE IT!"

2K only has one excuse they trot out this year, "it's a foundation for years to come". Very flimsy foundation. 1vs1 Ladder matches out but had time to create 6-man MITB matches? How on earth does that even makes sense, no way you can perfect a 6 man variety of the match without the singles version. Also all the cage match withdraws. This list has to be bogus, what on earth took them so bloody long this year that they got to a point and said *Censored* IT leave heaps out the paying customer won't mind.

Your moving to a new console, its not like technology has evolved so far you can't even comprehend how to use it properly, come on 2k!

Listen guys, be grateful for the matches we got. Okay? Stop acting entitled. They built this game from the ground up. It's on a brand new engine and they only had like 8 months. Besides I never played any of these matches so it doesn't matter to me. No big loss.

</parody>

Not sure if serious or troll. If troll, then a good one.

The real reason a lot of matches were removed was because they couldn't find pretty pictures to help illustrate them.

Hahaha this made me laugh :D.

The real reason a lot of matches were removed was because they couldn't find pretty pictures to help illustrate them.

Haha. Speaking of which, the pictures they put have nothing to do with the modes that they represent.

In their defense fatal 4 ways and Triple Threats are pretty rare occurances, so I understand why they couldn't find good pictures... But it's absolutely no excuse to remove them from the game.

And don't tell me about rebuilding or whatever, because if they're able to do EC matches, they should perfectly be able to do standard eliminations matches. It's not complex, add 3-4 guys in the ring, add the elimination modifier.

Haha. Speaking of which, the pictures they put have nothing to do with the modes that they represent.

HAHAHAH yeah the funniest is:

0:42

1 on 1 (2 people) - 1 person on the pic

triple threat - 2 people on the pic

4 men - 3 people on the pic

6 men - 5 people on the pic

xD HAHAHA.

WOW no tornado tag?!? That is terrible. I don't think I can remember a game that it wasn't in...

Based on the match types that were removed I wonder if there are even more serious A.I. issues then there were before. Some things that they just couldn't get to work properly concerning the A.I. and were unable to get it fixed in time. That stinks.

Still getting the game but some serious questions will have to be answered in the days, weeks and months to come after release. There are some really good things that they've done this year but man they are being overshadowed by the bad.

I am beyond happy that CAWs look as great as they look. All the parts look great. But there are no generic trons for your character. Horrible generic music and we can't even use the game's soundtrack? Also the same commentary names for the last 4-5 years and no entrances to use other than the ones for superstars already in game?

No matter if you are for the game or against it 2K made some serious mistakes with this release. It's almost as if they underestimated the franchise they purchased lol. Or they needed more time than they got to fix the game, market the game and test the game.

2K16 will be a much, much harder sell if they don't get their stuff together.

xD HAHAHA.

That indeed is messed up :D

xD HAHAHA.

That indeed is messed up :D

Watch 2k dont know what for example 6 men battle means, and instead of 6 superstars in the ring we will have 5 superstars + referee xD.

I am guessing that Steel Cage matches can ONLY be won by ESCAPE now?

After all there is no Match Creator/Options Match Settings to either a) add pinfalls/submissions to a steel cage match, or b) add a steel cage surrounding the ring to a singles match.

"Match Creator" matches that have been removed:

2 out of 3 falls match

Finisher match

First Blood match

KO match

Elimination-Style Triple Threat match (aka Triangle Match)

Elimination-Style Fatal 4 Way match (aka Four Way Dance)

Ultimate Submission match (apply sub only finishes to an Iron Man match)

Non Over-The-Top-Rope 6Man Battle Royal

Man, I can't even comprehend this. Like, okay, CAA needs new size and stuff, I get that. Story and Finisher create modes were awfully bugged, rather not continue glitchy Armagedon, agreed. All generic entrances are gone AND you can't even select every part of the in game games? Well... that really sucks and there's no REAL reason to have it this way, but there's probably still enough to work with and entrances are often skipped anyways. No Create A Diva? Well... *Censored*... Okay. Maybe they really wanted to make the male CAW mode great and next year will have more stuff and we'll get Create A Diva. I can... I can accept that I think.

BUT MATCH TYPES?! Like, almost every cool gimmick match and even basic shit like Handicap? WHAT THE FLYING *Censored* IS THIS?!

Archived