Match types that were removed confirmed by people that got the game

Past

It's only a number one contender tournament if there is already a champion holding the title...

Ah, regarding Gold Rush, are you saying that if the belt is vacant, the belt will simply be in the 'champion' spot on the screen and the final is fought between that last two and it's for the vacant title?

I'm still not putting much hope on it being part of universe.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only a number one contender tournament if there is already a champion holding the title...

Ah, regarding Gold Rush, are you saying that if the belt is vacant, the belt will simply be in the 'champion' spot on the screen and the final is fought between that last two and it's for the vacant title?

Yes. That is how it has been in 2k14

That's the thing I don't get, some of the missing match types are in other modes like mycareer and 2kshowcase, but they couldn't bother to put them in for regular multiplayer match play? And as for the CAW parts, don't you have to unlock them in order to increase it's count ?

Yes. That is how it has been in 2k14

Thanks. That's great news. Sets me up nicely for starting Warrior & Bo-Diddly-Dallas off with the world title and IC belt respectively.

If 1 vs 1 Ladder Matches are gone, what happens when you reach Tables, Ladders and Chairs in Universe Mode when the game is programmed to set up a card with TLC Matches, Ladder Matches and Tables Matches?

Some of the missing match types are in MyCareer and Universe mode.

In Universe mode can they be selected when you want or are they locked to ppv events?

If the missing matches can be selected in Universe then I can live with it. I spend majority of my time in Universe Mode and seldom play an exhibition match. Obviously, though, there's still no excuse for these being left out and understand the backlash that's come from it.

This will be the last post I make about WWE 2K15. This forum is for people who have the game, are planning to get the game, or are considering getting the game. I'm none of those things, so I'm done after this. I'd just like to say, for a final point, that 2k has no one to blame for all the negativity coming their way but themselves. The marketing campaign for this game has been absolutely atrocious. You can argue all you want about whether you prefer the over hyping of the game that THQ used to practice or the slow trickle of info that's more of 2K's style, but the real problem is the lack of communication between publisher and consumer.

They should have just been honest about what they were doing from the very beginning. I'm not saying that they needed to tell us everything that was gonna be removed back in April, but they could have at least given us some idea that we would be losing some features between 2K14 and 2K15 from the start. Usually when something like this happens with a beloved franchise, game developers warn the fans in advance to avoid too much negative word of mouth during the release period. Instead they waited until a few weeks before release to let us know about the 25 CAW slots, 6 days before release to let us know about the creation options that were removed, and they didn't even tell us about all the match options that were removed; we had to find out about that all on our own.

Also, let's not forget about how deceptive they were about the differences between the previous gen and next gen versions of the game. From the way 2K described it, the PS3/X-Box 360 version was pretty much like the PS4/X-Bone version with inferior graphics and "Who's NXT" instead of Career mode.

First impressions are key, and my impression of 2K so far is that of a dishonest, untrustworthy, money grubbing wolf operation.

I pretty much agree with this. I was so excited for this game. My only hope now is that they patch up the problems.

The game definitely feels rushed and unfinished. It doesn't warrant spending 60-70$. As far as the gameplay/engine being rebuilt from scratch and being supposedly brand new, that was a lie. The gameplay is the same aside from the stamina system.

The problem is they removed all this stuff and kept quiet about it. They wouldnt show one person any gaming footage because they wanted to hide things. Thats real shady to customers who want to buy.

If 1 vs 1 Ladder Matches are gone, what happens when you reach Tables, Ladders and Chairs in Universe Mode when the game is programmed to set up a card with TLC Matches, Ladder Matches and Tables Matches?

Some of the missing match types are in MyCareer and Universe mode.

In Universe mode can they be selected when you want or are they locked to ppv events?

If the missing matches can be selected in Universe then I can live with it. I spend majority of my time in Universe Mode and seldom play an exhibition match. Obviously, though, there's still no excuse for these being left out and understand the backlash that's come from it.

wait so the missing match types are in universe mode? i can live with that since i spend 90% of my time on there anyway

They're kind of in Universe mode, but you can't select them yourself. You have to wait until the game books them.

When editing a match, you're limited to what's selectable in Exhibition mode.

What seems odd is why they removed handicap matches when the match is in showcase mode.

Yup, and career.

While Showcase also has 3 stages of hell (although that is really 3 matches in a row with a cut-scene breaking them up), Special Ref, Inferno and Casket Match in there. I don't really care for the latter two, but I can't see why they wouldn't include options to play them if they're in the game.

Special Ref is a huge loss though.

What seems odd is why they removed handicap matches when the match is in showcase mode.

Yup, and career.

While Showcase also has 3 stages of hell (although that is really 3 matches in a row with a cut-scene breaking them up), Special Ref, Inferno and Casket Match in there. I don't really care for the latter two, but I can't see why they wouldn't include options to play them if they're in the game.

Special Ref is a huge loss though.

Some people claim the match types are unlocked where others say they removed them. Seems odd to put them in career mode but yank them from exhibition.

Archived