Match types that were removed confirmed by people that got the game

Past

They should have had Barrett deliver the bad news. It's not like WWE is using him, and I think we'd all accept the bullshit a bit easier if it was Barrett who was telling it to us.

Side note: getting a new computer tomorrow, so the PC version of 2K15 is actually an option for me now. If the current gen version is as limited as it's beginning to look, I might get the PC version down the road, so I can use mods.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, that's a valid argument. There's essentially no difference between a ladder match and a TLC match. A ladder match is basically TLC without tables and chairs, which you can use anyway. If you want a ladder match, just play a TLC match and ignore the tables and chairs. Jeez. It's like getting a smartphone with an additional camera and complaining because you only wanted the smartphone.

Cool speech, but stop with the 'we' crap. That's what I was talking about. You don't seem to grasp what subjectivity is.

-.- seriously? Please tell me you are actually joking because your reasoning is of a 3 year old or a 80 year old with alzheimer :D.

What's wrong with it? Why don't you tell me what's so special about a *censored*ing ladder match? A match that hasn't been relevant for over four years because of the obvious reason that it has been replaced by TLC.

Ok If I ever see you post something about wanting new match types in any future game, that weren't in WWE programing I will remind you of what you said today.

Why someone would like to have it? Some people play their games basing on other promotions/companies etc. that have such matches on a weekly basis. Some people like to re-play older ladder matches like rey vs eddie for example. Why does it have to follow current product? It's not like *censored*ing PS2 couldnt handle all these match types, X360 and PS3 could have them too. I still see no reason to dont include them.

And you think that cannot be accomplished with a TLC match? Is the ladder match supposed to have a certain uniqueness about it? Because I don't see it.

You see no reason to not include them? That's pack rat reasoning. I see no reason to include them. There's a ladder match in the game? Cool. They removed the ladder match? Nothing significant. There is still TLC, which is basically a superior extension of the ladder match. You're just grasping at straws here and it's amusing how you ridiculed me for having awful reasoning. The ladder match was redundant in the presence of the TLC. I don't exactly understand why it was removed considering that the TLC (which would be more likely to be removed for the reasons given) remained but at the same time, I see no reason, no reason whatsoever, to complain about it. I'm sorry, but your logic is ridiculous. I didn't say that everything has to follow the current WWE product. I said that the ladder match was useless. Now if the TLC was removed as well, I would have definitely been furious.

Also, you might like it, but I personally don't understand the fascination with replaying classic matches. That sounds boring to me. So there. In that vein, I admit I'm not too excited about the Showcase mode (sans the HHH-HBK rivalry, because I didn't watch WWE back then) because you're basically following a set of instructions and doing what's already been done. Now, if there were to be alternate scenarios or even just a Road to Wrestlemania, I'd be excited.

I wanted to have a regulat ladder match for my universe, I mostly use them and not TLC's. I only use TLC matches for 6 man MITB matches. That's it. Ladder matches have something unique about them, you cant use tables, this could be a small factor for you, but when I play I like to have my rules set straight. I hate something like "oh ok, I will be pretending its a ladder match, I will just foreg that these tables are there".

You say I grasp at exagerated reasons, yet I bet more people would say I'm right instead of you.

You see, about that bolded part: A LOT of people playing WWE games are wrestling fans. Id say about 90% of those people. At least half of those are old schoolers or even not that Old schoolers, lets say, ruthless agression guys. For such people it's crucial that they can play their favourite matches from the past in a game, because it reminds them of the old days. Older games let us do that. The new one - not in 100%.

I have only 1 major problem with your reasoning though. I hate people acting like "I dont care about this or that, because i didnt used it/ didn played it/ didnt liked it". That wrong. For example I know that Cesaro is a internet darling, but I dont like the guy. Honestly. If 2K would left hhim out I wouldn't be like "good riddance, I didnt needed him". That's not a nice thing.

Alright, I see you have a fascination for ladder matches. I won't argue with that. I also see the point about pretending that a TLC match is a ladder match. I have nothing against maximizing options. But at the same time, I don't get pissed off about it... and expect everyone else to be pissed off as well.

I'm just frustrated with the "I don't like it, so nobody else should like it or they're inferior" mentality.

The difference between ladder matches and Cesaro is substantial, however. Cesaro is an active wrestler who is consistently featured on the shows.

'Kay, then *Censored* the elimination chamber match too.

Dude.... Elimination Chamber... it's been happening every year since 2005 and it cannot be replaced by Steel Cage or Hell In A Cell. Do you understand what I'm getting at here? How did you even come up with that conclusion.....?

Different people. Different preferences. Try connecting the dots.

But damn, 2K's marketing is atrocious.

Seriously i am wondering on what they have to remove to make you people stop defending them.I am just that curious.Why is all this stuff acceptable? Because its their first year?Oh yea cant wait for next years excuses,they are gonna be pretty interesting to hear.Personally i dont mind that anyone is getting the game,but please stop acting like 2k is marry sue and that they cant do no wrong,its so god damn annoying.They removed some of the basic matches.Lader match is important,so is special ref,both whom i myself and alot of other people who dont voice themselves played alot.You arent helping anyone with saying "oh i didnt play with it,so i dont care that its removed".If lets say Marcus reads that,the feedback they will get is that we dont care about it and guess what?It will never come back.Think abit before you post,this game is for everyone and not just for yourself.I personally dont care about this year anymore,its ruined for me,but please stop writing stupid excuses for them and giving them ideas for more stuff to be removed,id like to be able to play at least a decently likeable wrestling game next year since i cant this year.

Lol. This is just amusing. I guess we're being selfish because we are trying to be optimistic about the game instead of bitching about it and accusing whoever doesn't bitch about it of having low standards. Gotcha.

Nobody is saying that you cant be optimistic about the game,but saying "i dont care about this or that because i didnt play it" is more selfish then anyone who ever bitched about the game.

Maybe because some of us don't care as much about certain match types as you and others do? I've already said I understand why others are pissed, but we all have different opinions, and ways of playing these games.
And for the record? I'm not/never have defended 2K, as I've already expressed my complaints about things I don't like about the game.

The difference between me and the rest of you is i dont go on each thread saying that i dont care if they remove certain modes because i didnt play them.I feel for others because when they remove something,that means less options for everyone and thats always bad.

I could have just as easily gone and said that i dont really care about 2k showcases.I think they are just a waste of space and that they should be removed.I also think that current Universe is a mess and that its glitchy and should be removed and replaced with a better mode.Fact is i dont say these things on threads because i know that even if i personally dont care about these that there is alot of other people that do,so as a fellow consumer i silently and vocaly support them.

If i see something "scraped",be dead right that i am going to bitch about it,because its less options to have and you better have a darn good reason for its removal.I dont want to blindly support them just because its their first year,it only gives them reason to half ass their way to sales next year.

Oh and since we are on the topic of Universe,i expect it to be gone next year.Yea,they will do everything to make my carrier mode the single mode that players should play,and you can quote me on that.

Seriously i am wondering on what they have to remove to make you people stop defending them.I am just that curious.Why is all this stuff acceptable? Because its their first year?Oh yea cant wait for next years excuses,they are gonna be pretty interesting to hear.Personally i dont mind that anyone is getting the game,but please stop acting like 2k is marry sue and that they cant do no wrong,its so god damn annoying.They removed some of the basic matches.Lader match is important,so is special ref,both whom i myself and alot of other people who dont voice themselves played alot.You arent helping anyone with saying "oh i didnt play with it,so i dont care that its removed".If lets say Marcus reads that,the feedback they will get is that we dont care about it and guess what?It will never come back.Think abit before you post,this game is for everyone and not just for yourself.I personally dont care about this year anymore,its ruined for me,but please stop writing stupid excuses for them and giving them ideas for more stuff to be removed,id like to be able to play at least a decently likeable wrestling game next year since i cant this year.

Lol. This is just amusing. I guess we're being selfish because we are trying to be optimistic about the game instead of bitching about it and accusing whoever doesn't bitch about it of having low standards. Gotcha.

Nobody is saying that you cant be optimistic about the game,but saying "i dont care about this or that because i didnt play it" is more selfish then anyone who ever bitched about the game.

Maybe because some of us don't care as much about certain match types as you and others do? I've already said I understand why others are pissed, but we all have different opinions, and ways of playing these games.
And for the record? I'm not/never have defended 2K, as I've already expressed my complaints about things I don't like about the game.

The difference between me and the rest of you is i dont go on each thread saying that i dont care if they remove certain modes because i didnt play them.I feel for others because when they remove something,that means less options for everyone and thats always bad.

I could have just as easily gone and said that i dont really care about 2k showcases.I think they are just a waste of space and that they should be removed.I also think that current Universe is a mess and that its glitchy and should be removed and replaced with a better mode.Fact is i dont say these things on threads because i know that even if i personally dont care about these that there is alot of other people that do,so as a fellow consumer i silently and vocaly support them.

If i see something "scraped",be dead right that i am going to bitch about it,because its less options to have and you better have a darn good reason for its removal.I dont want to blindly support them just because its their first year,it only gives them reason to half ass their way to sales next year.

Oh and since we are on the topic of Universe,i expect it to be gone next year.Yea,they will do everything to make my carrier mode the single mode that players should play,and you can quote me on that.

Look, you have a right to your opinion, nobody has said otherwise. But, I'm not even going to debate with people who use the 'blind supporter' card however.

Rest of me? I am the only guy here. I am arguing with two of you at the same time, while referencing another one. Three in total.

There are so many things wrong with your post. Let me address them....

I didn't say I wanted the ladder match removed. I said I saw no big deal about it.

Also, I didn't start the whole "I don't care" tirade willingly. I only did this when one of this forum's resident moaners accused people like me who were fine or indifferent about the changes of having low standards. It was basically a reply to the guy with the Heisenberg avatar.

I explicitly stated that I have nothing against you bitching. Just don't bitch at those who have nothing to do with what you're bitching about. We didn't remove the matches, so don't release your anger on us.

I'm not blindly supporting 2K. This is the biggest misunderstanding. Hell, this is the first time I would be buying a 2K game. For some reason, people get the idea that if we like the game, we are 2K apologists. I don't give a damn about 2K.

You can't be sure about that. Now you just sound like you're being negative for the sake of it.

Believe it or not, I was actually rather irritated when I first read the OP. My first post here was about how I disliked the removal of the Tornado Tag matches. Then I saw people making a big deal out of it and over-emphasizing the negatives. The 'low standards' and 'blind supporters' argument hit the mark.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The MyCareer mode and stamina system (along with the usual perks of a wrestling game) are sufficient to hook me in. I'm not telling anyone else to share my enthusiasm. This is my opinion.

It seems like 2K seriously believes that none of this stuff is going to be revealed until after the game releases. It's like their marketing plan was "don't tell them about all the stuff we took out, maybe they won't notice".

But they did say we would be surprised by the current gen version, didn't they?

It seems like 2K seriously believes that none of this stuff is going to be revealed until after the game releases. It's like their marketing plan was "don't tell them about all the stuff we took out, maybe they won't notice".

Their marketing has been total shit for this game, which is the one thing we can all agree on lol.

Well, that's one thing they got right.

Rest of me? I am the only guy here. I am arguing with two of you at the same time, while referencing another one. Three in total.

There are so many things wrong with your post. Let me address them....

I didn't say I wanted the ladder match removed. I said I saw no big deal about it.

Also, I didn't start the whole "I don't care" tirade willingly. I only did this when one of this forum's resident moaners accused people like me who were fine or indifferent about the changes of having low standards. It was basically a reply to the guy with the Heisenberg avatar.

I explicitly stated that I have nothing against you bitching. Just don't bitch at those who have nothing to do with what you're bitching about. We didn't remove the matches, so don't release your anger on us.

I'm not blindly supporting 2K. This is the biggest misunderstanding. Hell, this is the first time I would be buying a 2K game. For some reason, people get the idea that if we like the game, we are 2K apologists.

You can't be sure about that. Now you just sound like you're being negative for the sake of it.

Believe it or not, I was actually rather irritated when I first read the OP. My first post here was about how I disliked the removal of the Tornado Tag matches. Then I saw people making a big deal out of it and over-emphasizing the negatives. The 'low standards' and 'blind supporters' argument hit the mark.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The MyCareer mode and stamina system (along with the usual perks of a wrestling game) are sufficient to hook me in. I'm not telling anyone else to share my enthusiasm. This is my opinion.

Oh i included those who constantly attacked ppl because they didnt like something removed in the "rest of you" pool they still read these threads so i addresed them too.I know that you didnt start the "i dont care" tirade but you are apart of it and that is what i said the part of the problem was.Also as much as we have the resident moaners on this site,we also have resident blind supporters of the game who again i was addresing also.Again it doesnt bother me if you support the game,its is really great that someone can enjoy it,because at least this year wont be a complete waste of resources.I am negative because they made me negative with all the stuff they "scraped" this year.Heck i even defended them and told people that "nah they wouldnt do that" before the last gen version came out.I am to blame for blindly supporting them as much as everyone else,and excuse me but supporting them without playing the game is blind support.I can bitch about the game because i played the last gen version and didnt like it.Sure its not the same but except new animation/gameplay features and my carrier they are basically the same.You are entitled to your opinion as much as i am of mine,but please have some understanding for those who just cant get over the fact that so many stuff was scraped just cuz we are under a pretense that its a "new game,new generation".I sincerely hope that you and the rest of the ppl who are still hyped about this game can enjoy it,but please let us who arent show our disappointment in the game freely.(this last bit is directed to all those who attack ppl for not liking something,its not necessarly directed to you).

I don't agree with your concept of blind support. You are basically denying the point of hype or previews. Movie trailers, book signings, teasers, etc. You don't have to try something to judge it. Besides, what are YouTube videos for? It's not blind support. It's being excited about what you can expect. Why would I even blindly support 2K? Because I want it to succeed? Lol, I don't work for the company and I haven't played a WWE game in two years. I wasn't even considering purchasing this game until I heard of the MyCareer mode. Even now, I'm not 100% certain about buying it. Maybe I'll impulsively buy Assassin's Creed or wait for Arkham Knight.

Also, there is a huge difference, especially in gameplay, between last gen and current gen. Huge. The matches are drastically more realistic and enjoyable. And don't forget MyCareer, which I'm personally banking on. From the videos uploaded, it looks good.

Anyway, in the end, you're entitled to your opinion. Hopefully, 2K16 would be what you want.

This list is from NeoGaf from a person who doesn't even have the game and made an assumption purely based on the game's menus. There is no way they would remove this stuff .. I refuse to believe it.

Nah, it's from people that got the game on GameFaqs. The person on Neogaf copy & paste my post.

Well.. it's going to be fun tomorrow to see what 'excuses' Marcus/2K come up with as to why those match types didn't get added. Even though I hardly ever played those various match type combinations? I already stated that 'time restraints' isn't an issue, as match types ARE vital to the 'replay' value and SHOULD be a high priority in WWE Games.

Well.. it's going to be fun tomorrow to see what 'excuses' Marcus/2K come up with as to why those match types didn't get added. Even though I hardly ever played those various match type combinations? I already stated that 'time restraints' isn't an issue, as match types ARE vital to the 'replay' value and SHOULD be a high priority in WWE Games.

I don't really expect we'll be hearing much of anything more from this community manager until 16 rolls around, do you?

I don't really expect we'll be hearing much of anything more from this community manager until 16 rolls around, do you?

Maybe when Hell freezes over :hqhq:

I uploaded this vía a topic here one hour ago. But didn't get a simple replay

Archived