Match types that were removed confirmed by people that got the game

Past

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I realized in light of these supposed removed matches? I mostly did one on one matches until I got bored anyway. The AI in literally every other match except triple threat was broken to all hell and the sad excuse they called weapon physics made every gimmick match a chore I couldn't bother to play. And even now, the problems still exist. Not saying I won't miss the removed matches if they really are gone but I'll survive. I think before adding anything else they MUST fix the base AI next year.

You know what I realized in light of these supposed removed matches? I mostly did one on one matches until I got bored anyway. The AI in literally every other match except triple threat was broken to all hell and the sad excuse they called weapon physics made every gimmick match a chore I couldn't bother to play. And even now, the problems still exist. Not saying I won't miss the removed matches if they really are gone but I'll survive. I think before adding anything else they MUST fix the base AI next year.

Yea that's kind of the conclusion I came to as well. The time im gonna miss those missing matches the most though, is when it comes to the big PPVs. Cause thats when those I quit, special guest ref, etc, matches are needed the most.

So wait.... if match creator is gone how would setting interference on and off for a match work?

Are all run ins now random, every match based on rivals or completely removed as well?

Now that I think about it I don't remember seeing the option to interfere in a match during the Universe live streams I watched yesterday.

I could be wrong though and I missed it.

Ok, I'm still getting the game. Why?

MyCareer

Showcase Mode

Universe Mode

CAW Mode (even though it's limited)

Now, regarding the match types? I'm pissed about the 1v1 ladder match and the special referee match getting over looked, and.. well I admit the other ones are a bit of a downer, despite not playing them. I may have wanted to try them this year. And I completely understand why you guys are pissed.

Marcus had better have a damn good explanation, and it better not be due to time limits, match types are a high freekin priority in WWE Games.

Simple solution: If all the negative things about the games are too much don't buy the game and move on with life. If you are undecided on to buy the game rent it first and make your decision based on your own experience with the game. If you are one of those people who are going to buy the game even if 2k said they are selling you a shiny blank cd with nice pictures, than wait till Tuesday.

Meh all I read is "I'm still getting this game..." and that is all 2K is reading too. Complain and complain but still get the game. 2K could gut it to have 1 vs 1 and that is it but if the graphics are pretty you'll still get the game.... Good little sheep. Do your masters bidding.

Yeah... right... I'm a sheep because I still want to buy the game, due to the things I like about it...... GROW UP!

We have to let Marcus know we're very confused about this, so he will surely enlighten us with either a confirmation of the bad news or that there are more options.

We managed to get confirmed by Marcus no face paint edition, so i dont think why he cant give us clarification.

Probably answers are coming tomorrow, since in Sunday i doubt he would be connected.

When was the last time we had a ladder match anyway? It's been replaced by TLC. Besides, the ladder matches I played eventually entailed the use of tables and chairs.

When was the Special Referee match added? I stopped playing after WWE 12. The only time I played a Special Referee match was in a RTWM match from SvR 2009. Nothing significant.

The removal of the Triple Threat and Fatal Four special matches does suck. I especially loved playing Fatal Four in Steel Cage.

Handicap matches are personally boring. I can understand people would be pissed off about it, though. Hopefully, the Gauntlet hasn't been removed.

Why the *Censored* would you remove the Tornado Tag matches? Now that is sad.

Nevertheless, watching the Stamina system and MyCareer mode in implementation thanks to YouTube, I am still anticipating this game.

As for some people, they just want everyone to wallow in and share their misery. Low standards? Who the *Censored* are you to judge? I just don't feel the need to bitch about every negative thing. Bitching by yourself? That's fine. Don't bitch at others for being optimistic about what you're bitching.

I guess people don't understand the concept of subjective likes and dislikes.

MyCareer

Showcase Mode

Universe Mode

Now, regarding the match types? I'm pissed about the 1v1 ladder match and the special referee match getting over looked, and.. well I admit the other ones are a bit of a downer, despite not playing them. I may have wanted to try them this year. And I completely understand why you guys are pissed.

Marcus had better have a damn good explanation, and it better not be due to time limits, match types are a high freekin priority in WWE Games.

MyCareer - Ok that I will give you that, but we dont even know how deep it is.

Showcase Mode - Piss poor version of 20 years of wrestlemania (even Attitude mode was more fun)

Universe Mode - We already had it

Online - we already had it

CAW Mode (even though it's limited) - we already had it (100x better)

When was the last time we had a ladder match anyway?

That's no an argument for this game to not have them in. People like you make arguments for companies making shitty half-assed games, that's the reason we are getting worse or basically the same games every year (with literally few exceptions).

Low standards? Who the *Censored* are you to judge?

Who are we? We are the people for who those games are created, we are he consumers, we have the rights to demand, we have the rights to judge. - damn, that sounded like something Marthin Luther King would say.

MyCareer

Showcase Mode

Universe Mode

Duh.. thank you captain obvious. I was just listing things I will be playing in current gen version. I certainly aint going back to the 360, made the jump to current gen for a reason.

Dude, that's a valid argument. There's essentially no difference between a ladder match and a TLC match. A ladder match is basically TLC without tables and chairs, which you can use anyway. If you want a ladder match, just play a TLC match and ignore the tables and chairs. Jeez. It's like getting a smartphone with an additional camera and complaining because you only wanted the smartphone.

Cool speech, but stop with the 'we' crap. That's what I was talking about. You don't seem to grasp what subjectivity is.

MyCareer

Showcase Mode

Universe Mode

Duh.. thank you captain obvious. I was just listing things I will be playing in current gen version. I certainly aint going back to the 360, made the jump to current gen for a reason.

Oh, okay. I misunderstood you.

So wait.... if match creator is gone how would setting interference on and off for a match work?

Are all run ins now random, every match based on rivals or completely removed as well?

Now that I think about it I don't remember seeing the option to interfere in a match during the Universe live streams I watched yesterday.

I could be wrong though and I missed it.

I havn't been watching many videos outside of a few matches to see the new gameplay but I can say that I couldn't interfere in matches on last gen Universe mode. Unless I was missing something, I was pressing the same button as last year and it did nothing so I didn't expect it in current gen.

The removal of so many match types is disheartening. It seems like they had a lot of problems with the AI and the engine if they had to take out many of the matches where there are multiple people all fighting each other, like triple threat and handicap.

Archived