Raw draws lowest viewership of all time. edit: RAW has now dropped to below 2 mil

Muur

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and its not like Cena is the one that decides to be the one that wins the matches he's in, that's Vince, and the writers. blame them for Cena 'burying' other people. Cena gets so much unwarranted hate. yes, is annoying seeing him constantly booked in the top spot but he's just towing the line of how he's booked. and yes, he is needed right now.

and its not like Cena is the one that decides to be the one that wins the matches he's in, that's Vince, and the writers. blame them for Cena 'burying' other people. Cena gets so much unwarranted hate. yes, is annoying seeing him constantly booked in the top spot but he's just towing the line of how he's booked. and yes, he is needed right now.

I've said before, I really can see him being plugged in for Roman while he's out. A main event at Mania between Brock and Cena really would not surprise me.

Of course this situation wouldn't have existed had they booked the damn show competently and kept making new stars, instead of the one hero above everyone mentality.

I've said before, I really can see him being plugged in for Roman while he's out. A main event at Mania between Brock and Cena really would not surprise me.

Of course this situation wouldn't have existed had they booked the damn show competently and kept making new stars, instead of the one hero above everyone mentality.

and it never used to be like that. back in the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression era's there were multiple guys booked to be main eventers. when one guy went down, there was someone next in line. i don't know why Vince thinks 1 guys is all that matters now. Vince put all the eggs in the Roman basket, now look where we are. the only one that we really have to be in the top spot for Raw is Seth. but, there needs to be a few more. Braun and KO is down with an injury, Drew is being booked with nice wave for himself, but how long before Vince changes his mind on him (and we know how Vince changes his mind more than his skivvies). but who else is there? Dolph? that ship has sailed. Jinder? they tried that on SD and it failed. Baron? LOL, no. Bray? possible, he may show up at TLC. as long as Vince has faith in him. and that's another problem. Vince losing faith in people that have potential to be in the main event spot. and he relies on part time guys like Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, HHH. there other thing that is the problem is the lack of attention grabbing storylines. some of the most memorable storylines had pure chaos. example, the night Nexus emerged and destroyed Cena and everyone and everything around ringside. people were talking about that all week long. even made mainstream news. wrestling needs some of that chaos again.

Cena brings in ratings. AOL isn't wrong, they do literally need Cena to help them.

Also he hasn't put himself over anyone in ages, shut the *Censored* up and take your head out of 2008.

Yeah. Youre right. Cena puts everyone over. I guess I'll sut down and watch his latest match at Super Showdown, where he did a masterful job at putting Elias and Kevin Owens over.

If you're going to argue with me stop acting like a pre-teen. I never said John Cena puts everyone over, I said he hasn't put himself over anyone in ages. Him beating Elias and Kevin Owens did absolutely NOTHING to harm their careers or any momentum they received. That was a house show match with no story implications. Both guys remain wildly popular and poised for greatness at any time. You can lose to Cena and still come off looking like a star. If you really want to blame something for any sort of imaginary malfeasance against those two then blame the writers for not writing them a solid or coherent story line. It was a televised house show tag match. That's all it was.

Please stop whining like a *censored*ing child over everything you don't like. Cena has not hurt anyone's career in years and if you think they have you are either an ignorant moron or just trolling.

OK. I will give you it has been a few years since Cena has damaged someone's career, but I will respond to you with a question, who has Cena truly put over? You're either putting yourself over, or you're putting others over. The only major feuds he has had where he did not get the last/most wins are Roman Reigns and Undertaker. One was the next in line as the Creator's Pet and the other is another part timer. Pretty sad for someone in the tail end of their career. And even so, the lack of putting others over is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Cena.

It does.

Nope. *Censored* Cena. Last thing we need is him putting hinself over at the expense of the full time roster again.
This isn't 2008, Sharon.

Exactly my point. Cena has been unbearable for 10 years+ at this point.

Really? You do not think that after being one of WWE's top names for well over a decade, Cena does not have the power to say "You know, maybe it is not such a good idea I go over tonight?"? I understand blaming Vince in the case of someone like Roman, as the guy had been on the main roster less than three years at the point his mega push started, but Cena is a certified veteran. At this point, I would not be surprised if he has almost complete control over his booking schedule at this point.

and it never used to be like that. back in the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression era's there were multiple guys booked to be main eventers. when one guy went down, there was someone next in line. i don't know why Vince thinks 1 guys is all that matters now. Vince put all the eggs in the Roman basket, now look where we are. the only one that we really have to be in the top spot for Raw is Seth. but, there needs to be a few more. Braun and KO is down with an injury, Drew is being booked with nice wave for himself, but how long before Vince changes his mind on him (and we know how Vince changes his mind more than his skivvies). but who else is there? Dolph? that ship has sailed. Jinder? they tried that on SD and it failed. Baron? LOL, no. Bray? possible, he may show up at TLC. as long as Vince has faith in him. and that's another problem. Vince losing faith in people that have potential to be in the main event spot. and he relies on part time guys like Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, HHH. there other thing that is the problem is the lack of attention grabbing storylines. some of the most memorable storylines had pure chaos. example, the night Nexus emerged and destroyed Cena and everyone and everything around ringside. people were talking about that all week long. even made mainstream news. wrestling needs some of that chaos again.

Bingo. Back in the Attitude Era, guys like Rock, HHH, Taker and Foley were booked strong enough to cover should Austin go down. And, to be fair, they cooled down on Reigns' push A LOT after he got suspended. Don't get me wrong, while he was still pushed as a top name, it was nowhere near 2015 Royal Rumble bad.

As far as I remember from the documentaries, they were planning to push Triple H until the Curtain Call, and then they had to scramble for the next person to push. Austin got over with his Austin 3:16, and they decided to push him instead. Then he got injured, and WWE was really scrambling until Rock asked for a chance to talk, and he succeeded. All this when WCW was a major competition, so WWE was likely forced to go with the popular choices rather than the ones they wanted. Rock and Austin were popular enough that choosing one over the other would be dumb, and WWE didn't treat other titles like they were meaningless (when Rock held the Intercontinental title). Other than that though, Austin seemed to be the Cena of his time.

As far as I remember from the documentaries, they were planning to push Triple H until the Curtain Call, and then they had to scramble for the next person to push. Austin got over with his Austin 3:16, and they decided to push him instead. Then he got injured, and WWE was really scrambling until Rock asked for a chance to talk, and he succeeded. All this when WCW was a major competition, so WWE was likely forced to go with the popular choices rather than the ones they wanted. Rock and Austin were popular enough that choosing one over the other would be dumb, and WWE didn't treat other titles like they were meaningless (when Rock held the Intercontinental title). Other than that though, Austin seemed to be the Cena of his time.

And then ironically, when Austin and Rock both went, Triple H ascended to the top. The main point was that these things naturally happened, and would / could happen now, if talent was allowed to get themselves over. You only have to look at Braun and Becky recently.

Big E

Bray Wyatt

Cesaro

Mcintyre

Elias

Balor

Harper

One of (if not both Usos)

Kevin Owens

Sami Zayn

Karl Anderson

Rusev

Xavier Woods

I believe any of these guys would do really well if the company took a chance on taking them to that next level. Some of them getting back to that level but yeah. It's the same shit all the time.

^ I sincerely hope so. Vince McMahon is coming back. In case of bad ratings, break glass.

I know it won't happen, but with all of the talk about how much they hate Vince McMahon and how it's his fault that the product sucks, fans on Raw had better show their disdain for the guy and boo. But they'll cheer and clap like trained seals anyways.

Mondays WWE RAW episode, featuring the fallout from WWE TLC plus an advertised return by Vince McMahon, drew 2.547 million viewers.

This weeks viewership is up from last weeks 2.194 million viewers, which was the lowest RAW viewership in show history. This is the best RAW viewership since the October 22 episode, which drew 2.548. That episode opened with Roman Reigns relinquishing the WWE Universal Title and announcing his second battle with leukemia.

For this weeks show, the first hour drew 2.717 million viewers (last weeks hour 1 2.347 million), the second hour drew 2.558 million viewers (last weeks hour 2 2.186 million) and the final hour drew 2.367 million viewers (last weeks hour 3 2.048 million).

RAW was #5 for the night in viewership on cable, for the third week in a row, behind the NFLs Monday Night Football, Monday Night Kickoff, SportsCenter at midnight and the Rachel Maddow Show. RAW was #4 in the 18-49 demographic this week, behind the NFL, Monday Night Kickoff and SportsCenter.

The NFLs Monday Night Football topped the night in the 18-49 demographic and in viewership this week, for the fifteenth week in a row. The Panthers vs. Saints game drew 13.006 million viewers. SportsCenter came in at #2 in the 18-49 demographic with 3.673 million viewers, and Monday Night Kickoff came in at #3 with 4.535 million viewers.

ABCs Great Christmas Light Fight special drew 3.854 million viewers on broadcast TV in the 8pm hour while The Neighborhood drew 6.075 million viewers, The Voice drew 9.463 million viewers, The Resident drew 2.018 million viewers and Arrow drew 529,000 viewers, all in the 8pm hour on broadcast TV.

hB60z0Y.jpg

Yeah Sky giving them the shaft and dumping RAW on a random as *Censored* channel this week did not help matters.

You do understand that any reports of ratings do not account for Sky Sports and other international broadcasters, right? It's all domestic. That is all they care about.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived