Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope AJ retains. Not sure if thats unpopular or not. Im assuming most want Naka to win.

I wouldn't be mad at all if AJ retained, because its AJ and he's awesome, but Nakamura winning would be awesome. It would be a great moment.

I hope AJ retains. Not sure if thats unpopular or not. Im assuming most want Naka to win.

I do, but of course I'm a Styles fan as well so I wouldn't be heartbroken with either outcome.

I think the big issue with the title match where the Rumble winner is the challenger however is that 90 percent of the time, you feel the challenger needs to win - because he doesn't then have any legitimate claim to another shot. You can get round that of course (you can have the Champion grant him another shot, or the GM keep him in the mix, but a lot of the time the general procedure is he goes back behind the next few worthy challengers.

In Shinsuke's case, this is his best ever opportunity and he needs to take it, and get it done. Then AJ is guaranteed a re-match, and they can build it from there. Shinsuke's the only man on Smackdown that AJ hasn't shown he can beat - so if AJ deals with him too at the first time of asking - who's the next credible threat to him as of this moment (Unless Cena does his usual, I can have a title match anytime I want without earning it, trick after Mania) In fact, I have a feeling he's going to pull that on whichever wins anyway.

I'd be amazed if Cena isn't already, or challenging for it by SummerSlam.

yeah, I have no idea what he does nowadays. I was just recalling what I remember from his time in WWE

Pretty sure he still does commentating for Lucha Underground.

I wouldn't be mad at all if AJ retained, because its AJ and he's awesome, but Nakamura winning would be awesome. It would be a great moment.

Yeah Nakamura winning for sure would be an awesome moment. Its one of the few times where overall Im happy with either man walking out the WWE champion.

I'll be happy with either guy walking out.

After this week's episode with what Nakamura said about Styles letting his emotions get the best of him or whatever, I'm starting to feel like Styles is going to win. This is almost like a personal lose-lose situation for me, cuz I'm a fan of both guys. Styles still hasn't gotten his first big win at WM yet (a win against Shane McMahon ain't shit and I felt like he should have beaten Chris Jericho at the 'Mania before) and this is Nakamura's first WM - and it's for the WWE title. Would be a dope moment if he won.

I'm actually really hoping we don't get Cena V Taker.

In many ways the idea scenario for me is Cena calls him out again on Raw, the lights go out and suddenly Taker is standing in front of him. Without a word, he chokelslams Cena right through the mat and then cuts a promo along the lines of;

You want an answer? For 28 years I have never backed down from a challenge, whether it's made sense to do so or not, everyone who has faced me like a man earned my respect enough for me to grant them their wish. However what I will not do, is accept a challenge which has been made as a last resort because someone was scrabbling for a place on the card at Mania because they've blown their other opportunities. John Cena you have been here for a long time - you have had plenty of opportunities to man up and ask me to fight at Mania. A challenge I would have been honoured to accept - But not this time, the Undertaker has taken his Last Ride.

I'm actually really hoping we don't get Cena V Taker.

In many ways the idea scenario for me is Cena calls him out again on Raw, the lights go out and suddenly Taker is standing in front of him. Without a word, he chokelslams Cena right through the mat and then cuts a promo along the lines of;

You want an answer? For 28 years I have never backed down from a challenge, whether it's made sense to do so or not, everyone who has faced me like a man earned my respect enough for me to grant them their wish. However what I will not do, is accept a challenge which has been made as a last resort because someone was scrabbling for a place on the card at Mania because they've blown their other opportunities. John Cena you have been here for a long time - you have had plenty of opportunities to man up and ask me to fight at Mania. A challenge I would have been honoured to accept - But not this time, the Undertaker has taken his Last Ride.

That was incredibly hard to read without cringing.

And then wow what a way to dick fans out of a huge match that they've been teasing for weeks just for a shitty Taker promo. A huge waste of time and terrible business.

Archived