Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Braun Strowman would be as popular as he is now if, and only if, he hadn't had this feud with Roman Reigns. And hey, I think Braun Strowman's awesome. But what if he never feuded with Roman.

No doubt.

I don't like WarGames. Or rather, I don't like the fact that one match requires an entire show to feature two rings.

Worth it cause the matches were pretty lit.

My unpopular opinion:

PaperThinWalls sucks. :P

Jokes aside, I definately think WWE should go back to only having like 4 PPVs a year at most.

6 would be fine with me. Even 12 could work, if aside from the big four, they alternate between Raw and Smackdown, allowing for most to have a two month window to build angles. Something like this:

January - Royal Rumble (both)

February - No Way Out (Smackdown)

March - Wrestlemania (both)

April - Backlash (Raw)

May - Payback (Smackdown)

June - MITB (both)

July - Battleground (Raw)

August - Summerslam (both)

September - No Mercy (Smackdown)

October - Unforgiven (Raw)

November - Survivor Series (both - maybe a Bragging rights format?)

December - Vengeance (Smackdown)

Then switch the next year, so the first brand exclusive is No Way Out in February, which is Raw.

Also I'd bin the gimmick PPVs, and use Hell in a cell and Elimination Chamber matches as they were intended - rare occurrences that are used when the situation calls for it.

If you want to get rid of PPVs get rid of the one between the Rumble and Mania.

I was thinking about that, but if you're splitting the shows equally, then one is going to get more PPVs than the other if you miss a month. I do think it does somewhat diminish the importance of the Rumble, especially as it's an Elimination Chamber theme. The Rumble was there to determine the title match for Mania, the one who defended in the title match against the Rumble winner.

I was thinking about that, but if you're splitting the shows equally, then one is going to get more PPVs than the other if you miss a month. I do think it does somewhat diminish the importance of the Rumble, especially as it's an Elimination Chamber theme. The Rumble was there to determine the title match for Mania, the one who defended in the title match against the Rumble winner.

Yep, same here. You could either have the elimination chamber before the Rumble like they used to or lose another PPV to make up the difference.

Yep, same here. You could either have the elimination chamber before the Rumble like they used to or lose another PPV to make up the difference.

Disagree. I love the Chamber being the last chance to main event WrestleMania. To get that main event you have to either outlast 29 other people or survive one of the most brutal matches in WWE history.

I don't think Braun Strowman would be as popular as he is now if, and only if, he hadn't had this feud with Roman Reigns. And hey, I think Braun Strowman's awesome. But what if he never feuded with Roman.

No doubt.

I know right? If Braun wasn't feuding with Roman, people would look at him as yet another one of Vince's big man fetishes. Maybe Big Show might have been able to get fans to like him, but not so much in comparison to Roman Reigns. Cause obviously he is so hated by everybody.

Yeah, no way to tell but the Roman feud really helped him.

Exactly. Now tell that to everybody that refuses to give Roman any credit or how his opponents have to carry him (which once again, Braun Strowman carrying anybody is laughable) or how his opponents are wrestling invisible men. Wrestling fans can be idiots sometimes. But we already know that.

Now this unpopular opinion I know I'm gonna get flamed for probably but.....I don't think Finn Balor should be Universal champion again or on Raw for that matter.

Finn Balor is fine. He should team up with Gallows and Anderson and just do the Balor Club thing proper...but he's also fine on his own. But, yeah...I don't know what they're waiting for with Balor Club. Why do they insist on just making Gallows and Anderson look like ass every week? Give Finn the IC title, give Gallows and Anderson the tag titles...you've got a solid storyline for an entire year with that. WWE loves to act like they have to work so hard to come up with storylines, but they always ignore the ones that are blatantly obvious and have longevity. They'd rather do a bunch of short, jittery angles that barely make sense than go with the obvious full-length, proper push for one or multiple people.

With the way the Universal title scene is looking right now, I agree. I also agree that he shouldn't be on RAW, either. He's not being used bad at all on RAW, but I feel like he'd be better off on SmackDown for some reason.

Just keep Finn away from Bray Wyatt. This feud is doing him no favor.

Then again, a feud with Bray Wyatt does no one any favors.

Archived