Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still prefer custom renders and we've got that option but something I really dig about in-game model renders now is the character's name in the background going across. Very small detail but I dig it and I guess caws are better quality than in 2K20 or something but something about their renders I just appreciate better now for some reason

Just now, bdawwg1021 said:

Anyone having trouble creating alt attires for superstars?

Created two alts for Jeff Hardy, only for them to disappear almost instantly. Saved, tried to play a one on one using one of the alt attires, but nothing to chose from.

Very frustrating.

Not for me. I'm checking some right now and all is working properly 

one thing they've fixed is the Referee getting in the way during outside dives. This was a problem in older games. Then 2k fixed it a couple games ago. But it started happening again in 2k20 and maybe 2k19. But 2k22 the ref stays the hell out the way. Im not sure if it was intentionally fixed because now the ref doesn't do shit anyway. But either way im happy i can suicide dive in peace without the ref immediately standing in my way near the ropes to start the count out

I love custom renders, brings a whole new life to the game, makes your custom shows like AEW etc feel real with actual images of the wrestlers. But yeah it would've been nice if 2K actually laid out the correct size and all the information to make the custom renders scale to in game renders. But no one knows, everyone's uploading renders thats too big in game or too small, or they're normal looking in one mode, then in Universe they're a different size. 2K never informed us of any information on renders or how to make them right, everyone's just left to experiment and find out through trial and error.

There should be a tutorial on 2K's site showing everyone how to make the correct sized renders that matches the ingame renders.

Also having to download a render for every in game wrestler we make alt attires for is really annoying, with the 1000 logo limit that really hurts having to have all those renders for everyone plus room for all the caw logos. Also would be nice if the deletion utility recognized when renders are being used.

now that i fixed some of the movesets my enjoyment of the game has increased massively. Really the thing holding back the game for me was bugs, gameplay and missing moves and move features and positions.

Still not thrilled with the direction of the series. And not convinced that ppl wouldn't be having just as much fun if they just improved 2k19 and added optional combos

But now that i dont have the wrestlers doing ridiculous bullshit. Well they are still doing ridiculous bullshit but at least its the shit i want them to do im having fun

I'll never understand why they always give us Goldberg in his WCW black trunks, i mean even his render in the game is him in his WWE attire, yet its WCW Goldberg again. Is his WWE attire that hard to do 2K? just some black shorts with the white trim and his logo on the back? Its annoying every year to have to take up a caw slot to use to make his current gear he's worn in his countless WWE comebacks over the last few years. He's been back enough in WWE to warrant his WWE look in the game, theres no reason why we should still be getting WCW Goldberg,

Same,. I don't know why give Goldberg the updated face scan but his attire is from the 90's.

Agree with 2K giving us the proper template for in game renders. I hate it when you thought your render is finally in the right size when you are selecting them in the Wrestler selection screen. But when the loading screen shows up the renders are too big. I tried CM_Edge's tutorial, his render size is almost perfect but when you select the wrestler with render for multiman matches the renders are still bigger than the default ones. I really hope 2K fix this with a patch.

Edit: Also, I wish 2K let us select the Default Superstar Renders for Custom Attires. They should really implement Custom Renders in the Roster Menu not in the Create/Edit a Superstar. Since changing renders in CAW menu is a chore since it takes about 30 seconds to save in the base PS4.

19 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Yeah, I've tried everything on my own to fix the custom render issue being bigger, looked at that tutorial and everything but just don't understand, bleck. So frustrating. 

This guy gives a pretty good tutorial

But i did find his method still makes the render appear bigger in universe, but the thing is in Universe Mode the in game renders are uncropped and show more of their body, whereas in exhibition and CAS mode they're cropped from their waist up. So you can create the renders for 2 different modes, for exhibition where they will look normal, or Universe where they will look normal, but you cannot create a render that will look natural in both. For Universe you need to have the render at least from the thighs and up, exhibition it works best from their hips and up.

Like i just messed around with this Theory render and i found it works really close to the Universe Mode ingame renders

Austin Theory render6.png

Heres an ingame shot of how it looks in universe, not perfect but its close i still need to resize it a bit

AT pic.jpg

And as for the exhibition render you'd want the render to again start from the hips and up like this

Austin Theory render66.png

I'll have to give that a watch because for whatever reason I can't get Bron's render down. Trying to get it took like that Solo pic but no matter what I've down, it never gets smaller. Maybe I'm just not using a good render but even there, can't find anything bigger than waist up for Breakker.

196371708_Screenshot_20220314-001121_PSApp.thumb.jpg.5a3c083ce960bb741afcaf3868d8c578.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-001142_PS App.jpg

Yeah the issue with that render of Bron is its only from the waist up, and as you can see AJ's render is from like his kneecaps and up, see its like i said you can never have a render that looks natural in every mode/selection, cause the ingame renders shifts from exhibition of being waist up to being from kneecaps up from universe being from thighs and up, you just gotta pick a mode you're gonna use the most and customize it specifically for that mode.

I quickly threw together this render of Bron that may work better

Bron breaker render 2.png

Looks a bit more natural 

aj bron.jpg

MyRise is probably overall the most fun I've had in a career mode in a wwe game in a long time. It's great having two saves so far of two different characters with one being a humble and nice technical wrestler with heart and another just a massive jerk but dominant beast of a powerhouse.

My first one is like a mix of Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio Jr and Ricochet while the other is like a mix of Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles

On 3/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, Luis LXXXV said:

Nope and it's glorious. I went on a downloading spree yesterday

What have you been downloading ? I honestly haven’t seen anything that catches my eye. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel like I need to have the most up to date latest attires anymore but I’ve been underwhelmed by CC. 

Seeing 50 uploads of “Butch” hasn’t helped either. Ugh. 

Archived