Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lunchbox

Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Recommended Posts

Its not Coles fault the commentary is bad, its the old *censored*er screaming in his ear demanding he say certain things certain ways. In the times we've seen him able to do commentary on his own, like Beast In The East IIRC, he was fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Its not Coles fault the commentary is bad, its the old *censored*er screaming in his ear demanding he say certain things certain ways. In the times we've seen him able to do commentary on his own, like Beast In The East IIRC, he was fantastic.

Actually I believe I heard it's not Vince who's talking them through the earpiece but like Billy Kidman if someone else in the back I believe I read a report on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hhh is right about the fans perfect example is Nikki cross

 

Everyone bashed Vince for doing when they thought he did it but flip flop when they found out she did and said it great

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think the Nikki Cross superhero thing is shit, so there is that.
Its hurting the "Listen to the wrestlers pitches and ideas" argument when of all possible ideas, a goofy superhero like gimmick is where you say yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

I still think the Nikki Cross superhero thing is shit, so there is that.
Its hurting the "Listen to the wrestlers pitches and ideas" argument when of all possible ideas, a goofy superhero like gimmick is where you say yes.

I think it's more the fact that it's how much effort and believe she put behind the idea that made him say yes

 

Cuz it's well known that Vince listens to guys ideas but what I think the major problem is with guys pitching their own ideas they don't believe enough of their own idea to make Vince be like okay let's roll with it cuz there's a difference between presenting idea that you think will be cool and presenting idea that you're 100% committed to

Edited by Austin3035

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

I think it's more the fact that it's how much effort and believe she put behind the idea that made him say yes

 

Cuz it's well known that Vince listens to guys ideas but what I think the major problem is with guys pitching their own ideas they don't believe enough of their own idea to make Vince be like okay let's roll with it cuz there's a difference between presenting idea that you think will be cool and presenting idea that you're 100% committed to

Maybe, we arent flies on the wall on those things to know for sure.
But i doubt that the majority is half assing ideas and stuff in general.

When you look at how fast Vince changes his mind on things, it feels more like he doesnt believe in stuff enough to fully commit.

I could see this being a case where more over the top ideas interest Vince more.
So a super enthusiastic Nikki who pitches a superhero gimmick, Bray with the Fiend, Black etc who get really into delivering ideas for over the top stuff...might be more a thing for Vince, i dont know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Maybe, we arent flies on the wall on those things to know for sure.
But i doubt that the majority is half assing ideas and stuff in general.

When you look at how fast Vince changes his mind on things, it feels more like he doesnt believe in stuff enough to fully commit.

I could see this being a case where more over the top ideas interest Vince more.
So a super enthusiastic Nikki who pitches a superhero gimmick, Bray with the Fiend, Black etc who get really into delivering ideas for over the top stuff...might be more a thing for Vince, i dont know.

But but if you look at  Royce who had an idea she was really committed to but once Vince asked about it she pretty much went blank

 

Which gave me the idea that Vince blows it off quickly to test you he wants to see if you're going to stand up to your ideas he wants to see if you're willing to fight for your ideas cuz maybe my theory is that guys pitch their ideas Vince blows it off to see if they're willing to fight for that to commit to a fight to that gimmick or angle because maybe in his mind if you're not going to fight for one of your ideas that you believe in or commit to how is he supposed to believe you're going to commit to that angle when they if they do do it if that makes sense

Edited by Austin3035

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever thinks the Nikki ASH stuff is great has questionable taste. If there are people who originally thought it was shit but then immediately changed their mind once they heard it was Nikki’s idea and not Vince’s, then they’re too invested in Vince being this creative boogeyman and that only he can come up with all the bad ideas in WWE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heel Cole was fun at times, but could get out of hand. He was a lot of fun during Miz and Bryan stuff and I wish he kept those biases. I really like when commentators have like, a specific bias for a certain wrestler that is 100% kayfabe as it can add a lot to their character. Like the way Schiavone detests MJF is so fun. Much better than a pro-heel by default commentator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean Waltman wasn't ever necessarily awesome or special but I always liked him post 1 2 3 Kid and found him underrated. Didn't like him as 1 2 3 Kid at all even when I was a kid myself at the time but he was good as Syxx in the nWo, cool in DX/singles/ teaming with Kane and X-Factor, meh during nWo 2002 but pretty good in TNA.

I like to see him making appearances and that he's in the hall of fame. Although he should be in as himself or just DX than as part of the nWo because then Paul Wight, Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton should be in as notable members 

Edited by Luchador LXXXV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imperium is the best stable going on in wrestling and I view them as faces! No bullshit or nonsense, no typical chicken shit heel tactics, no arrogant over the top cockiness and no flashy gimmicky attires or entrance or personas and they back up what they claim with great wrestling ring work and aren't bad on the mic. They're old school and all about bringing honor and respect to wrestling by treating it seriously like a sport and are ring generals pro wrestlers than just wrestling superstars. WALTER is on a super long dominant title reign for good reason  and Fabian & Marcel are a threat to any tag team and will hopefully be the next NXT tag champions by beating MSK

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like them more if they actually booked them to win. They friggn' lost to Breezeango who were released not too long after their match. And while I don't think Breezeango release was exactly anticipated when that match occurred, it was still pretty clear Imperium was the team that needed the win more.

But anyway, it terms of the concept of them -- yeah, I tend to like guys who take their work very seriously like in a Bret Hart sort of way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...