Official WrestleMania 35 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat McAfee Details Backstage Blowup At WrestleMania Over His Shorts

Moments before the WrestleMania pre-show was set to begin, Pat McAfee says he was on the verge of walking out due to Michael Cole yelling at him for wearing shorts.

McAfee detailed the tense backstage moment on his show this week and said it began with him being told not to wear jorts to WrestleMania. Pat obliged by making tuxedo pants into tuxedo shorts.

However, when Michael Cole saw him wearing them backstage before the kickoff show, he got angry in front of everyone who was around saying Pat looked unprofessional and sloppy.

"He was like yelling. Real. This wasnt like a rib, or like a gimmick, you could tell there was actual panic," McAfee explained. He then walked to the room where the WrestleMania watch-a-long was going to film and began packing his things. When the digital person in charge of the stream asked what was going on, Pat said, "You can tell Michael Cole to go *Censored* himself, I am leaving. I am not getting punked and yelled at like a child in front of everybody like that".

The WWE employee then said hed go talk to Vince McMahon and asked Pat to hold tight.

He returned moments later with Michael Cole and the two explained how they showed Vince a picture of Lebron James wearing suit shorts. Vince apparently told them "yeah, Im hip. I've seen it" and said he loved the idea of Pat wearing them.

Cole then apologized for yelling at him and said he was worried the shorts would ruin his chances in WWE, because this was the first time he was being seen on TV by Vince McMahon.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pat-mcafee-wrestlemania-blowup-shorts
Shut up Cole

damn Cole more out of touch than Vince

Nah...he hit the nail right on the head. Granted, I had no idea who that dude was...but that's probably a better argument than if I had. He looked like an absolute *censored*ing idiot.

Frankly, I don't even know why you'd want to wear what that dude wore. Made him look like he had child-bearing hips and was wearing a mini-skirt.

Nah...he hit the nail right on the head. Granted, I had no idea who that dude was...but that's probably a better argument than if I had. He looked like an absolute *censored*ing idiot.

Frankly, I don't even know why you'd want to wear what that dude wore. Made him look like he had child-bearing hips and was wearing a mini-skirt.

damn Grandpa Gen outta touch too. scientists believe suit shorts are the future, dont be on the wrong side of this.

Is there something wrong with dressing feminine?

Because its 2019 and people can wear whatever the *Censored* they want? Like what even is your last statement there? People have their own style who the hell cares.

Saying people can wear whatever they want is asinine. It's a job. Jobs have dress codes. Like...literally every single job...everywhere. If not a full uniform, then at least a set of guidelines.

What planet do you live on?

WWE is a multi billion dollar franchise. If it's your first day, and they ask you to dress a certain way to represent the company...then that's what you do. Why is there even a question of that?

Damn its not that big of a deal lmaooo

Remember when the Internet was all worried about Sasha Banks after she pulled out of The Wendy Williams Show and was posting cryptically on social media about needing to find magic again?

About that...

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required) is reporting she may have tried to quit WWE over WrestleMania 35 weekend, apparently because she was upset that WWE decided at the last minute to put the womens tag team titles on The IIconics. Per the report, shes been given some time to think about it and the hope is she will reconsider her position.

Fightful has jumped in to note this is much like the situation with The Revival from earlier this year, and that Bayley was also unhappy about the entire situation. For whatever its worth, Banks went after Alexa Bliss on Twitter during Monday Night Raw, a show she missed, when Bliss pinned Bayley in a singles match. Banks did not appear on the show.

It seems unlikely WWE would grant Banks a release, considering the landscape of the pro wrestling industry right now and word that AEW is closer than ever to a TV deal for a weekly show.

Stay tuned.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/4/11/18307148/sasha-banks-quit-wwe-wrestlemania-35-report

She always tryna leave lmao

Hubris 101.

She has a name based off her time in NXT/WWE...but she's not the kind of performer who can take the world by storm. It would be a huge mistake for her to leave WWE...much in the same way that I believe it is a mistake for Dean to leave WWE. Although, I give Dean a much better shot, since he actually came up in the indies. Also, it remains to be seen if Dean is actually quitting professional wrestling, or if he's going to another promotion.

Sasha always had put pressure on herself that was bound to lead to being unhappy.

She always had this idea in her head that she is the one who carries the women, who defines the division and stands above them all.

Everything that wasnt going that direction was dissapointing her and therefore hurt her performance, which lead to the company losing faith in her.

Losing to the iconics at WM must hurt because im sure she expected big things, defending the titles at raw, smackdown, nxt...standing in the ring with the best, building the tag division up etc.

But losing to two who we all know will do nothing to give the title prestige is just another hit at her already dissapointing last year or so.

But either way, i dont think she will leave because this is literally what she worked for, what she had imagined...being in the wwe.

Saying people can wear whatever they want is asinine. It's a job. Jobs have dress codes. Like...literally every single job...everywhere. If not a full uniform, then at least a set of guidelines.

What planet do you live on?

WWE is a multi billion dollar franchise. If it's your first day, and they ask you to dress a certain way to represent the company...then that's what you do. Why is there even a question of that?

Because he clearly wasnt given a dress code was he? Thats the entire point of this debacle.

No one advised McAfee on how he should dress, so he chose something he liked. Vince didnt mind it either did he?

You are asking what planet we live on, but thats coming from the guy telling a stranger he shouldnt dress even slightly feminine. Thats pathetic dude, catch up to 2019.

You are asking what planet we live on, but thats coming from the guy telling a stranger he shouldnt dress even slightly feminine. Thats pathetic dude, catch up to 2019.

Uh...I was definitely clearly joking when I said he looked like a woman with child bearing hips. He was wearing men's shorts. I know that. I just said that he looked foolish...and argued that a job requires you to respect your employer.

If your boss says "Don't wear jean shorts", then you're only portraying yourself as an ass if you wear tuxedo shorts instead. Is the dude 15 years old or something? He didn't miss the meaning of what was said...he just ignored it and did what he wanted. And he definitely looked foolish in doing so.

It's not something I care passionately about. I'm just saying...I agree with Michael Cole telling him he looked like a doofus.

If your boss says "Don't wear jean shorts", then you're only portraying yourself as an ass if you wear tuxedo shorts instead.

You might have to explain where you're coming from on this. "Jean shorts" is a very specific term that shouldn't rule out jeans and shouldn't rule out shorts unless otherwise stated. It's not like they said "wear slacks", they simply omitted one item. I don't see how wearing non denim shorts is now being an ass based off that info

If your boss says "Don't wear jean shorts", then you're only portraying yourself as an ass if you wear tuxedo shorts instead.

You might have to explain where you're coming from on this. "Jean shorts" is a very specific term that shouldn't rule out jeans and shouldn't rule out shorts unless otherwise stated. It's not like they said "wear slacks", they simply omitted one item. I don't see how wearing non denim shorts is now being an ass based off that info

I dont get it either. Its literally pants, just shorter :lol:

Archived