Features you enjoyed from previous games

RenoOfTheTurks

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

Raw 2? Great season mode if you knew what you were doing.

If I remember correctly, I used to spend most of season mode setting traps. Was great fun watching someone get a box fall on them!

I loved Raw 2, don't think I've loved a wrestling game as much as raw 2. Only thing the game lacked was Elimination Chamber. Is it backward compatible for 360?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I think many people didn't know in HCTP was that you could reverse a strike into certain submission finishers. For example: If you're Kurt Angle and the opponent attempts a toe kick, you could time the reversal of it and simultaneously trigger your finisher, which would turn it into the Ankle Lock from the standing position. Same would apply if you had Benoit and timed the reversal of an arm strike into the Crossface. It was a cool, neat ability.

Wow,i didnt. Know that,but very cool.

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

If I remember correctly, I used to spend most of season mode setting traps. Was great fun watching someone get a box fall on them!

Remember when any attack backstage affected your health in matches? If you were beaten in a backstage brawl, you were more likely to lose in the match. That was so fun, planning to weaken the champion so the person you were feuding with would win, and thus making it easier for you to challenge them for the title.

I also miss the double KO countout from SvR 06. And shockingly, the rest holds that made the game more realistic.

Remember when any attack backstage affected your health in matches? If you were beaten in a backstage brawl, you were more likely to lose in the match. That was so fun, planning to weaken the champion so the person you were feuding with would win, and thus making it easier for you to challenge them for the title.

I also miss the double KO countout from SvR 06. And shockingly, the rest holds that made the game more realistic.

Smackdown 1's 'create a PPV' mode, it was simple, but flawless.

I remember that from Smackdown 2 must have forgotten it was in the first one, but yeah it was great fun

i didn't like the one in 2 as much, it was too long-winded and the ratings seemed to work better in the first game.

I loved Raw 2, don't think I've loved a wrestling game as much as raw 2. Only thing the game lacked was Elimination Chamber. Is it backward compatible for 360?

I don't know if it is. Another great thing about Raw 2 was you could choose to call out whoever you wanted.

Probably the biggest for me is the training arena. I used to love just aimlessly screwing around in there. Not to mention the infinite Stunner chains.(the one where they bounce back up before falling) Good times. Good times.

I also liked whichever RTWM had the backstage. Stuff was fun even though it was annoying as hell how everyone you weren't supposed to be talking to basically kept telling you to Konami off(thank you alphaomegasin). Backstage brawls were cool too, but they could've been better and that's not talking about free roam, though that should come back too.

Intergender matches, create a tractor...I'm sorrythough we know that ain't coming back any time ever. Custom music too, but of course Sony and Microsoft wanna push their shitty music services so so much for that.

Championship Scramble, Triple Threat Tag Team, and other scraped match types.

Ultimate Control moves, because the directional moves just ain't that good. Half of them barely move that much, plus you can't throw people outside the ring. Which is also a problem with falling off ladders after 2011.

I don't know if it is. Another great thing about Raw 2 was you could choose to call out whoever you wanted.

Speaking of wwe raw 2, i love the replay in this game. Double feature graphic for every arena at it's finest. Don't know why they can't do this in current gen. Also the edit an entrance is good because we could edit the light, arena darkness, etc. If they could combine this with the current edit an entrance we have. It would be a blast recreating old and current entrances in the game.

I thing they should add an injur opponent option. Like if you build up 3 finishers you can perform an OMG moment such as breaking someone's leg using a chair. Doing such a thing could get that superstar suspended as well so 2 people leave action as a result maybe. But overall if we had more control over making an injury happen if be pretty happy. Also I don't thing GM mode needs to come back but at least let us select a GM that way they appear in cut scenes as a show enforcer. So maybe stone cold comes out and the announcers say something like looks like our GM just turned this match into a submission match or something. Bring back show rating but in universe and add show popularity data to see which show is putting on better matches overall and is just more popular. I'd also like enough feuds to fill up an entire card with feuds. Why would the other matches have no story what so ever? Have cross show/brand feuds, the ability to play 2 titles within one title spot to unify titles as you please and maybe your ROH brand brings what they got around wrestle mania season and takes the wwe title to ROH. Have that belt on ROH as a double world champion and have the words stolen over the wwe title showing that the contenders needs to raise the bar to bring the belt back home. Have that be a feud that doesn't end until a contender is able to bring it back home. Just ideas I think we'd all enjoy. They could sell the idea with having universe with a pre made nxt brand that starts off with a similar nxt vs wwe invasion feud just to show off how it works.

I wouldn't call it a feature but something I miss from No Mercy is when creating a superstar, they gave you a set of pictures to choose from of people in the game along with a couple of other headshots for your character so when you were going through the character select pages, your created superstar would have whatever picture you chose to give them. It'd be really cool to see that return next year. When we create someone, on the same page with the name, nickname, hometown, etc. they could give us a "render" option where we could cycle through all of the in-game renders or since we can upload pictures now, upload our own renders that wouldn't take a while to load up while going through the character select screen to choose who we want. It'd be cool if they let us do that with the in-game roster too so we could update renders for certain people when they change attires, gimmicks, alignment, etc.

If the elimination chamber was in that game, I doubt I'd ever bought another wrestling game. Another thing it lacked was, no championships to defend in exhibition.

And I remember the manual. It had an unmasked Kane with burnt face, and I could never work out how to get him. And I have read it is backwards compatible.

Its nice how some games are still well received dispite how old they are No Mercy had so many gameplay options,and weaon selections. Raw 2 had the most extensive entrance options, modifing existing wrestler attires and also some of the best looking finishers. HCTP had a decent roster and mannerisms. 13 WWE2k14 had great legends . I will give 2K the benefit of making a game that will be remembered well, i like some of their thoughtfulness with its features and hope they go from strength to strength.

Its nice how some games are still well received dispite how old they are No Mercy had so many gameplay options,and weaon selections. Raw 2 had the most extensive entrance options, modifing existing wrestler attires and also some of the best looking finishers. HCTP had a decent roster and mannerisms. 13 WWE2k14 had great legends . I will give 2K the benefit of making a game that will be remembered well, i like some of their thoughtfulness with its features and hope they go from strength to strength.

I always felt Wrestlemania X8 on the GameCube was underrated. Loved that game and it (and Rogue Squadron) were actually the reasons I bought one.

The general impression I get of 2k is that it is a studio that genuinely wants to deliver the best product it can, and is open to LISTENING to it's fan base, of the three sports games I get annually (FIFA, PES and WWE) they definitely seem the best of 2K, Konami and EA. (Actually EA's support for FIFA is a complete joke, and customer service is abysmal at times) EA seem very much "well as long as you paid for it, we couldn't really give a monkeys"

THQ did a lot wrong, but on occasions they redeemed themselves, the "make up" DLC for the server issues on 12 was a nice touch. Generally the majority of their WWE games were pretty good, only really in their twilight years when the formula was tired - did my issues really come.

Raw 2 was backwards but wouldnt let you use custom music so had to buy a orogonal xbox.

And worth buying too, I have a hacked one with a 500gb HDD that has SNES/Nes/Mega Drive/MegaCd/MAME/N64/Ps1/Neo Geo emulators & has over 3000 games including both Raws, all the Legends of wrestling games (2 is worth it for the shoot interviews) and Wrestlemania 21. And all the good non wrestling xbox games. Things amazing

I always felt Wrestlemania X8 on the GameCube was underrated. Loved that game and it (and Rogue Squadron) were actually the reasons I bought one.

The general impression I get of 2k is that it is a studio that genuinely wants to deliver the best product it can, and is open to LISTENING to it's fan base, of the three sports games I get annually (FIFA, PES and WWE) they definitely seem the best of 2K, Konami and EA. (Actually EA's support for FIFA is a complete joke, and customer service is abysmal at times) EA seem very much "well as long as you paid for it, we couldn't really give a monkeys"

THQ did a lot wrong, but on occasions they redeemed themselves, the "make up" DLC for the server issues on 12 was a nice touch. Generally the majority of their WWE games were pretty good, only really in their twilight years when the formula was tired - did my issues really come.

I don't recall playing Wrestlemania X8, i may never have so unfortunately can't comment. I think most developers are like the you brought it shoulder shrugs attitude. IMO when THQ stopped making different WWE games on different platforms and AKI ceased making was the beginning of the end. And dispite the reduced cost for making one game for different platforms THQ /Yukes struggled with making a yearly title and took the put something new and remove something important shortcut fixes that lead to their demise.

Raw 2 was backwards but wouldnt let you use custom music so had to buy a orogonal xbox.

And worth buying too, I have a hacked one with a 500gb HDD that has SNES/Nes/Mega Drive/MegaCd/MAME/N64/Ps1/Neo Geo emulators & has over 3000 games including both Raws, all the Legends of wrestling games (2 is worth it for the shoot interviews) and Wrestlemania 21. And all the good non wrestling xbox games. Things amazing
Wasn't a big fan of WM21 game, thought it was poorly made, never built on Raw 2. Lacked everything the SD games had on PS2. I think that year I went between Raw 2 and Showdown Legends of Wrestling. I enjoyed Showdown, even though it was glitchy.

Archived