Features you enjoyed from previous games

RenoOfTheTurks

Raw 2 was backwards but wouldnt let you use custom music so had to buy a orogonal xbox.

And worth buying too, I have a hacked one with a 500gb HDD that has SNES/Nes/Mega Drive/MegaCd/MAME/N64/Ps1/Neo Geo emulators & has over 3000 games including both Raws, all the Legends of wrestling games (2 is worth it for the shoot interviews) and Wrestlemania 21. And all the good non wrestling xbox games. Things amazing

It was cool the way you could call anyone out. Only thing it lacked was a winning animation.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day Of Reckoning 2 is what made me buy a Gamecube. The animations weren't as good as SVR but damn was that game fun. Cool story mode, and pretty good AI

DOR 2 was very clunky bad I had a good deal of fun with it. I really liked having another finisher move when your spirit was very low. I used to give Ric Flair the low blow there(that sounded weird- lol)

You could give anyone whatever desperation move you wanted when their spirit was low, kinda like a turn the match around type of thing. It was worth getting your ass whipped just to pull off a cool sequence.

Raw 2 was backwards but wouldnt let you use custom music so had to buy a orogonal xbox.

And worth buying too, I have a hacked one with a 500gb HDD that has SNES/Nes/Mega Drive/MegaCd/MAME/N64/Ps1/Neo Geo emulators & has over 3000 games including both Raws, all the Legends of wrestling games (2 is worth it for the shoot interviews) and Wrestlemania 21. And all the good non wrestling xbox games. Things amazing

It was cool the way you could call anyone out. Only thing it lacked was a winning animation.

I too have my original xbox modded and man i am having a blast with this black box whenever i need to do some nostalgia gaming. Same with my ps2, i have it with an hdd.

Regarding raw 2 there are winning animations in the game but only triggered when winning the royal rumble, which sucks. Scsa, rock, hogan, i think hhh have winning animations. I think i need to play it again to check. Hehehe.

Hogan doesnt have a winning animation. When I won there was no Real American music playing at all.

Well at least not in exhibition anyway.

There is a winning animation but only during royal rumble matches. And only few superstars have specific winning animation. Like undertaker celebrates on the entrance way, Triple h doing his taunt on the turnbuckle, Hogan posing, Rock and Austin taunts, etc.

Its nice how some games are still well received dispite how old they are No Mercy had so many gameplay options,and weaon selections. Raw 2 had the most extensive entrance options, modifing existing wrestler attires and also some of the best looking finishers. HCTP had a decent roster and mannerisms. 13 WWE2k14 had great legends . I will give 2K the benefit of making a game that will be remembered well, i like some of their thoughtfulness with its features and hope they go from strength to strength.

I still love Raw 2, it was so much fun and you had so much freedom. You could even come out with a weapon and use that in a hardcore fight. So many options and freedom that 2K should have adopted. Wrestlemania 21 was CANCER though.

Yeah, 2K seems to want to do better, but they're restricted by various things like WWE and time.

There was this move in 2010 where you pressed a button and mounted on your opponent you could then press the right analogue stick to do punches either side or headbutt.

Dragging was better loved it when you just whipped the guys arm into the ring post several times. Wish they hadent removed it.

Ultimate Control

RTWM

2011 weapon system

Training arena

Two reversal

A working story creator

Biggest for me, is the storyline with different branches and decisions. Choosing tag partners, deciding whether to be civil or aggressive towards people you meet backstage, etc. I would take a classic season mode over Road to Wrestlemania or whatever they call it now, any day.

Raw 2? Great season mode if you knew what you were doing.

If I remember correctly, I used to spend most of season mode setting traps. Was great fun watching someone get a box fall on them!

I loved Raw 2, don't think I've loved a wrestling game as much as raw 2. Only thing the game lacked was Elimination Chamber. Is it backward compatible for 360?

it is.

One button is way too easy. Ruins the game completely for me tbh. Hated it ever since they changed it. It's like a casual game for handicapped people wtf

This; DOR/No mercy's system actually invoked a mix-up game. Much better than the fake difficulty method of limiting reversals; hopefully it comes with slider tweaks or the ability to turn it off.

Two button reversals was equally simple, limitations of reversals is the way to go.

Except no. You actually had to react with the proper reversal to the proper move. Especially with quick little strikes, that was a way to outsmart your opponent and set up grapples. Especially since finishers were both together, so you could play mindgames with your opponent when you hit what. Limitations of reversals is pretty ridiculous of a way to make it "difficult". It's limiting skillful players (not that the game takes skill anymore, but yeah)

Archived