2K posts about doubters in the "Largest Roster Ever" / No duplicates

Aqfitz

It all depends what their definition of a unique model is. To me a unique model means they could have the same character but at different points in their career, (eg Sting 91 and Sting 99) they're not the same model but they're the same character where as all the Mark Henry's from WWE 2K15 were the same but with multiple slots

If they did that I would still be hyped because that would be awesome. Guys do change, physiques and all.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends what their definition of a unique model is. To me a unique model means they could have the same character but at different points in their career, (eg Sting 91 and Sting 99) they're not the same model but they're the same character where as all the Mark Henry's from WWE 2K15 were the same but with multiple slots

Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models.

I think they're pretty clear.

I wouldn't mind multiple refs with the option to pick a ref who has different habits. I'm ok with multiple commentary teams and ring announcers also but let us choose who. If I want my entire universe to just have Lillian Garcia let me do it. I'm ok with multiple GM models if they serve a purpose and not just minor cutscenes. Like if you pick a certain GM you don't have access to certain match types on your show maybe or if you get a certain GM in my career it changes the matches you participate in each week. If not they just don't count in my eyes. They need to have a purpose in the game to be considered a feature in my opinion.

Don't forget playable managers taking up slots.

I have been reading the forums for weeks and i keep seeing people saying that the duplicate of john cena, mark henry, sting, etc. will count as one of the 120 unique models. Try counting the 2k15 roster and remove the duplicates. As stated it is 67. Classic kane, orton, batista, y2j, pre order dlc, etc. are not included in the count. Even the managers/npc were not included. I don't know why people are still speculating that different era duplicates and npc are included in the 120. And it's clear as day stated in their sentence that it is not.

Regarding the roster, i checked wwe.com roster page and tried to count the possible divas, superstars and nxt wrestlers that may be included in the game and i came up with about 95 wrestlers. Looks like we will be getting a lot of legends in the game. Also, I really hope 2k will take an extra mile on getting the correct titantron, minitrons/arenatrons for those legends. I really hate seeing the 30 years of wrestlemania graphics in 2k14. And i hope we get the 16:9 titantron videos and not the f'n 4:3 ratio.

I have been reading the forums for weeks and i keep seeing people saying that the duplicate of john cena, mark henry, sting, etc. will count as one of the 120 unique models. Try counting the 2k15 roster and remove the duplicates. As stated it is 67. Classic kane, orton, batista, y2j, pre order dlc, etc. are not included in the count. Even the managers/npc were not included. I don't know why people are still speculating that different era duplicates and npc are included in the 120. And it's clear as day stated in their sentence that it is not.

Regarding the roster, i checked wwe.com roster page and tried to count the possible divas, superstars and nxt wrestlers that may be included in the game and i came up with about 95 wrestlers. Looks like we will be getting a lot of legends in the game. Also, I really hope 2k will take an extra mile on getting the correct titantron, minitrons/arenatrons for those legends. I really hate seeing the 30 years of wrestlemania graphics in 2k14. And i hope we get the 16:9 titantron videos and not the f'n 4:3 ratio.

Getting individual trons is just waaaay too much effort for 2K, they'll just use the generic crap from WWE'12's custom video mode they reused for 2K15 DLC legends.

They were able to give custom minitrons for the legends in the path of the warrior dlc (ex. Rick rude) and retro graphics for del rio, orton, sheamus in the one more match dlc. So i am still hoping.

I really want to see the minitron for triple h circa 2002 and same for jericho and scsa. When they started giving superstars those graphics, i enjoyed watching the entrances more since it usually syncs with the song's beat and it gave main eventers a unique feel in their entrances.

Because it's the kind of slimy trick we've had pulled on us in the past. I understand what they're saying, but talk is cheap. I want them to confirm the full roster before I believe this.

I am happy about this but when they have like six divas I am going to be so annoyed.

Don't you mean "if"? Don't be such a pessimist, heh.

I hope they at least show 70 wrestlers at the Summerslam roster reveal and 50 soon after IF they need more time but 120+ could be done in a roster reveal trailer like for 2K14. If the 120 wrestlers include dlc then I hope the default roster is 110 and dlc being over 10

Unless they're going to show actual gamepaly footage, I really don't see any reason to do a Summerslam roster reveal.

I wouldn't mind multiple refs with the option to pick a ref who has different habits. I'm ok with multiple commentary teams and ring announcers also but let us choose who. If I want my entire universe to just have Lillian Garcia let me do it. I'm ok with multiple GM models if they serve a purpose and not just minor cutscenes. Like if you pick a certain GM you don't have access to certain match types on your show maybe or if you get a certain GM in my career it changes the matches you participate in each week. If not they just don't count in my eyes. They need to have a purpose in the game to be considered a feature in my opinion.

Don't forget playable managers taking up slots.

Teddy Long as a Legend GM. Choosing him allows you to only compete in Tag matches, Playa!

That throws out the speculation of DLC being included in the 120+ roster they mentioned earlier. And I'm not complaining at all....It could be that the DLC might include duplicates..which is exactly what DLC should be

If this is true and they add back a few features they took out and just fine tune the my career and the wrestling a bit this could be a great game.

I really am hoping they add create an arena back in with the jpeg importer I wanted to make so many arenas last year and couldnt.

Archived