2K posts about doubters in the "Largest Roster Ever" / No duplicates

Aqfitz

I'm hoping for ALOT of Attitude era legends for the Stone Cold Showcase? LOD, HBK, Kane, Taker, Triple H, ext.. I know that some of those are duplicates but they did not directly say there were no duplicates, just there are 120 unique characters, So we could get 2 Triple H's but it would still be classified as 1 person.

It's like the '98 Rumble, Mick Foley was in it 3 times as 3 different characters but there was still just 1 Mick Foley in the match.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nxt being 10-15 max. In all honesty, I would guess sasha banks, charlotte, and Bailey for nxt divas and thats it. I could easily see 25-30 legends depending on the showcase. If by some chance, we get Samoa Joe as dlc I will be very happy.

I said it once awhile ago but I could see Joe being the preorder bonus

Why would you count npc? They using the term roster.

Because it's the sort of slimy trick we've had pulled on us in the past. I still refuse to bolieve we have 120 playable guys on disc.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if four of the 120 are JR, Lawler, Cole and Renee for new universe cut scene's.

They said "roster"....think roster reveal. Do they announce npc? No.

Just referring to the unique model term they used, they could easily have scanned NPC's and included them in the roster count as a PR stunt.

Why would you count npc? They using the term roster.

Because it's the sort of slimy trick we've had pulled on us in the past. I still refuse to bolieve we have 120 playable guys on disc.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if four of the 120 are JR, Lawler, Cole and Renee for new universe cut scene's.
They said "roster"....think roster reveal. Do they announce npc? No.
It would wouldn't be the first lie they told.

I'm questioning the reading and comprehension skills of this forum. He never said that there wouldn't be duplicates. That wasn't even implied. He said the roster will have over 120 unique models. That means their will be atleast 120 separate characters. It says not counting duplicates. that means if their are duplicates they're counted as the same model. So, his example is, if there are 5 John Cena's the number isn't inflated by it. The 5 John Cenas only count as one model.

I'm questioning the reading and comprehension skills of this forum. He never said that there wouldn't be duplicates. That wasn't even implied. He said the roster will have over 120 unique models. That means their will be atleast 120 separate characters. It says not counting duplicates. that means if their are duplicates they're counted as the same model. So, his example is, if there are 5 John Cena's the number isn't inflated by it. The 5 John Cenas only count as one model.

it was the same i think if there are 5 cenas they all counted as 1 :)

My comprehension skills are fine thank you. I know what they're saying. I'm doubting they'll stick to it and we'll actually get 120 guys. If they do kudos, but I dount they will.

Maybe the water here in Michigan is filled with some kind of powers because I was thinking the same thing.

I'm sure I'm late on this, but I just realized that 120+ models means 120 or so themes(well there're shared themes, so eh) and that's not counting potential alternate themes for dupes. If we can't get custom music, then this is a nice consolation. Though really, I'd wish they could put as many songs as they have the rights to in.

Also hoping they all actually get unique trons instead of those god awful generic ones like in '13 and 2K14. It's especially bad when people like JBL and Vince who are currently with WWE and have trons get stuck with that generic crap

I'm sure I'm late on this, but I just realized that 120+ models means 120 or so themes(well there're shared themes, so eh) and that's not counting potential alternate themes for dupes. If we can't get custom music, then this is a nice consolation. Though really, I'd wish they could put as many songs as they have the rights to in.

Also hoping they all actually get unique trons instead of those god awful generic ones like in '13 and 2K14. It's especially bad when people like JBL and Vince who are currently with WWE and have trons get stuck with that generic crap

Wwe 12 had wwe make custom trons and minitrons for savage, foley, and batista. I never understood why they couldnt do that again.

A large roster is good and all, but it's pointless if the engine/game is still broken.

I agree with this so much. Roster has never been a big problem for me, it's always the gameplay that bothers me.

C

It's the only thing that'll keep you playing this game for longer than a couple months. I honestly can't stand that they haven't added the little things you see in a match/ring into these games. It is frustrating when I hear these guys talk about how much they love working on the game etc, well to me you need guys who absolutely love pro wrestling and I doubt most of these guys do.

The pace in 15 is fine and the cpu often gets up right away for most big moves anyway

For you maybe, but obviously not for everyone. A few mins into triple threat and I cant break up a pin because my guy, not even in red ir low on stamina, is crawling around like he was just shot.

The pace in 15 is fine and the cpu often gets up right away for most big moves anyway

For you maybe, but obviously not for everyone. A few mins into triple threat and I cant break up a pin because my guy, not even in red ir low on stamina, is crawling around like he was just shot.

I have had this problem too in multiple man matches. Littler faster would be helpful, but give us a slider then for those that want one or the other. Same with the pin meter. Slower would help me have some real epic matches instead i get pinned with a minor move and im terrible with the curtent meter speed.

I have had this problem too in multiple man matches. Littler faster would be helpful, but give us a slider then for those that want one or the other. Same with the pin meter. Slower would help me have some real epic matches instead i get pinned with a minor move and im terrible with the curtent meter speed.

100% agree

we could end up getting Harlem Heat. Goldberg said there is a wcw presence in the game and Stevie Ray signed a legends deal a few months back stating it was mostly for the merchandising opportunities they presented him with. Mattel said a Harlem Heat set is in the works so a video game isn't too far of a stretch.

For anyone doubting the ”largest roster ever” tag line for WWE 2k16, let us you assure you, that we are bringing over 120 unique playable Superstars and Divas to the game. Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models. As you can imagine, these models are keeping us crazy busy, but it is worth it. #wwe2k16largestrosterever

dYlekuA.jpg

So it seems were not getting any duplicate slots this year

To those are still counting commentators, refs, etc. :mellow:

I love the arguments on CAWs.ws. I miss it here.

Anyway, this is great news. As far as duplicates go, there are certain superstars who should have separate slots for their altetnates and then there are certain superstars that can just have alternate costumes for their one character slot.

For example. Someone like Foley need separate character slots because each character is unique as far as entrance and some moveset differences, especially taunts. But on the other hand, Kane has always been pretty much the same and should only have alt. costumes instead of different character slots. The same can be said for Mark Henry, Shawn Michaels, and Austin unless they go back to the Stunning Steve days. The tricky one would be The Rock. His Hollywood Heel persona is definitely a bit different than his past and current iterations. Anyway I'm rambling now. Hope you get the point.

It all depends what their definition of a unique model is. To me a unique model means they could have the same character but at different points in their career, (eg Sting 91 and Sting 99) they're not the same model but they're the same character where as all the Mark Henry's from WWE 2K15 were the same but with multiple slots

Archived