2K posts about doubters in the "Largest Roster Ever" / No duplicates

Aqfitz

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food for worry: He didn't say anything about NPCs. Expect a normal sized roster while awesome people to have potentially used like Renee Young, J&J Security & Vince McMahon are locked away behind a wall.

Even if there are 10 NPC (maybe Vince, Steph, J&J Security, Renee Young, William Regal, etc.), that still gives us more than 110 unique models. Either way you put it, it is good news.

Taking into account the backstage personalities for career mode, (GMs, trainers, etc) the people at ringside during the matches, (Commentators, the Ref, the Ring announcer, etc.) and managers I'd say we're getting little more than last year. I'd say about 100 in-game playables at the most.

Ok, if that is the case, then their counting for WWE 2K15 would also include NPCs and again, I'd say WWE 2K16 would have at MOST 10 more NPCs. So it is still a huge difference.

Food for worry: He didn't say anything about NPCs. Expect a normal sized roster while awesome people to have potentially used like Renee Young, J&J Security & Vince McMahon are locked away behind a wall.

Bye.
I dint think they mean npc's in the number since the 2k15 number is the total without npc's.
True. I'm still skeptical though.

2K, THQ...doesn't matter. You always have to be skeptical.

according to that amazon leak a few weeks back there is another $99.99 special edition coming (don't know who yet) so you never know haha.

geese....seriously?

Just like last year when they spoiled the Hogan SE Amazon posted the pre order template underneath the pre order page for WWE 2K16 on PS4 and Xbox One. There was no image just the description on the template, but since they didnt make the template for PS3 or 360 it seems legit that a SE will be announced soon.

A few posts I have seen about E3 and the 2K booth have said that 2K seemed to suggest the SE will be Roman Reigns. Some dirt sheets have also reported this rumor so I wouldn't be shocked.

The entire, I repeat ENTIRE NXT roster better be in this game.

Or?

I was just saying, I don't really see a reason for them not to include the entire NXT roster is all lol.

Thought you were about to threaten not to buy the game. Lol But yeah the whole NXT roster would be beautiful.

Bout time we get rid of dem damn repeats.

I am sure there will still be repeats, but they arent being counted in the 120.

i actually don't mind having repeats as long as one didn't copy the other's exact same model. Like in 2k15 we had 3 Sheamus, 3 ADR, 2 Mark Henry (both DLCs), 2 Ortons (I still appreciate the Legend Killer one and the one with hair&beard tho) with literally no difference at all in the model. That's *censored*ing stupid.

Bout time we get rid of dem damn repeats.

I am sure there will still be repeats, but they arent being counted in the 120.

i actually don't mind having repeats as long as one didn't copy the other's exact same model. Like in 2k15 we had 3 Sheamus, 3 ADR, 2 Mark Henry (both DLCs), 2 Ortons (I still appreciate the Legend Killer one and the one with hair&beard tho) with literally no difference at all in the model. That's *censored*ing stupid.

100% agree.

according to that amazon leak a few weeks back there is another $99.99 special edition coming (don't know who yet) so you never know haha.

geese....seriously?

Just like last year when they spoiled the Hogan SE Amazon posted the pre order template underneath the pre order page for WWE 2K16 on PS4 and Xbox One. There was no image just the description on the template, but since they didnt make the template for PS3 or 360 it seems legit that a SE will be announced soon.

A few posts I have seen about E3 and the 2K booth have said that 2K seemed to suggest the SE will be Roman Reigns. Some dirt sheets have also reported this rumor so I wouldn't be shocked.

I read that at Comic Con Goldberg was signing autographs and told people that he was in 2K16 and there was a "Goldberg Edition" so it should be interesting. Apparently he also mentioned WCW has a presence this year so I wonder if there is a goldberg/wcw showcase.

For those worrying that this is going to include DLC the numbers they mentioned in the graphic just refers to on disc for 2k15. Hopefully they are doing like for like comparison and this is on disc too

Oh yeah, hope you are right

This certainly seems sketchy, really hope this years DLC isn't included in the graphic. And that the DLC isn't the majority of the good roster again. Hell i hope the DLC is mainly Showcase and cosmetic stuff with a couple of extra guys.

For anyone doubting the ”largest roster ever” tag line for WWE 2k16, let us you assure you, that we are bringing over 120 unique playable Superstars and Divas to the game. Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models. As you can imagine, these models are keeping us crazy busy, but it is worth it. #wwe2k16largestrosterever

dYlekuA.jpg

So it seems were not getting any duplicate slots this year

The way its worded it sounds like 120 different characters but you may also get duplicates so if you only had 5 Cenas roster would be 125.

So going by calculations

WWE Roster = 51

WWE Divas = 12

NXT Roster = 27

NXT Divas = 8

So by calculations it works out 98 Characters. Thats if every person on the roster got a character model. I didnt count other on air people like Hogan or Stephanie or Regal or Billy.

So that would leave 22 people not known which im guessing as they announced the Stone Cold Showcase for this year could mean those 22 guys might be in that mode.

I dunno if that number will also mean DLC or if DLC will push it more but the fact they announced a Austin Showcase must mean its a heavily promoted showcase as last year they said Punk/Cena which ended up being the biggest mode.

From how 2K is doing this year, it certainly seems like they've learned their lesson by holding 2K15 info until the last minute. I'm really eager to see who is in this huge roster, surely every current superstar made it this year as well as a few legends and stuff. Makes me really curious as far as creation suite goes. Especially with it not being half-assed like 2K15. Wonder what superstar studio improvements will be. We may actually a CAW hair & "WWE hair/facial hair" for caws this year as 2K did say they were looking to build upon 2K15 in one of the articles before it was released like customizing and changing hair on in game superstars and divas.

Archived