Unpopular Wrestling Opinions VIII

★CrossRhodes★

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of Lesnar's matches bar 2 have been ass, and yes that includes his Extreme Rules match with Cena. I don't care if he beat these living crap out of Cena, the match officially became shit the moment Cena beat him with ONE move, that disturbed the whole foundation of the match and rendered everything it was about useless. If I am to count a one-sided beatdown as a good match, it better be consistent in the storytelling department. The whole purpose of the match went to the gutter when Lesnar to just a single move, that eliminated the whole point of Lesnar booked like a mercenary and Cena booked like an underdog, the entire thing it was rested upon.

You are aware those moves were a steel chain to the face and an AA onto the stairs right? Hardly ordinary moves. You make it sound like he lost to a basic DDT or something. Storytelling? Simple, Lesnar never went for the win while he had the chance, got cocky & Cena capitalised the first opportunity he got.
How does that change the fact that Cena needed one opening to catch him off guard and it proved to be decisive? After 20 minutes of absolutely mauling Cena, I'm supposed to realistically believe ONE or two impactful maneuvers were all it took to slay the supposed beast? Come on! They built the whole match around Lesnar's dominance and him being an unstoppable machine, the ending was some grade-A bullshit because it rendered the whole basis of the match useless. The storytelling pattern was destroyed, you don't change what the match was presented as and what it became at the end to suit your preference. It was a ridiculous ending and defied all logic that the match was built on.

According to Brock, he wasn't even close to 100%, and he was still hurting from diverticulitis. Basically, Cena didn't beat him clean.

Lmao what, I'm talking about kayfabe, not the actual problems he was dealing with in real life at the time.

So was I, noob. This was a promo leading to their match where Brock dominated Cena.

All of Lesnar's matches bar 2 have been ass, and yes that includes his Extreme Rules match with Cena. I don't care if he beat these living crap out of Cena, the match officially became shit the moment Cena beat him with ONE move, that disturbed the whole foundation of the match and rendered everything it was about useless. If I am to count a one-sided beatdown as a good match, it better be consistent in the storytelling department. The whole purpose of the match went to the gutter when Lesnar to just a single move, that eliminated the whole point of Lesnar booked like a mercenary and Cena booked like an underdog, the entire thing it was rested upon.

You are aware those moves were a steel chain to the face and an AA onto the stairs right? Hardly ordinary moves. You make it sound like he lost to a basic DDT or something. Storytelling? Simple, Lesnar never went for the win while he had the chance, got cocky & Cena capitalised the first opportunity he got.
How does that change the fact that Cena needed one opening to catch him off guard and it proved to be decisive? After 20 minutes of absolutely mauling Cena, I'm supposed to realistically believe ONE or two impactful maneuvers were all it took to slay the supposed beast? Come on! They built the whole match around Lesnar's dominance and him being an unstoppable machine, the ending was some grade-A bullshit because it rendered the whole basis of the match useless. The storytelling pattern was destroyed, you don't change what the match was presented as and what it became at the end to suit your preference. It was a ridiculous ending and defied all logic that the match was built on.

According to Brock, he wasn't even close to 100%, and he was still hurting from diverticulitis. Basically, Cena didn't beat him clean.

Lmao what, I'm talking about kayfabe, not the actual problems he was dealing with in real life at the time.

So was I, noob. This was a promo leading to their match where Brock dominated Cena.

Oh please, Cena beat him clean, let's not dispute that. Having diverticulitis enabled him to beat the shit out if Cena for twenty minutes but I'm supposed to buy that as an excuse for his loss to make it sound like it was unclean? Don't even start.

According to him, not being at 100% could be why he was taken out with a punch and an FU. Watch the interview and make your own judgment. Hard not to take it seriously as a kayfabe given when Brock was at 100%, he DOMINATED Cena and beat Seth and Cena despite all the damage he took.

According to him, not being at 100% could be why he was taken out with a punch and an FU. Watch the interview and make your own judgment. Hard not to take it seriously as a kayfabe given when Brock was at 100%, he DOMINATED Cena and beat Seth and Cena despite all the damage he took.

Which interview? And the subject of diverticulitis was only brought on TV during last year's feud with Cena, not the 2012 one. If I'm supposed to buy that he didn't lose clean, I wouldn't wait for over two years to know the supposed reason he didn't. Him having diverticulitis wasn't even a thing in terms of kayfabe until last year.

Which interview? And the subject of diverticulitis was only brought on TV during last year's feud with Cena, not the 2012 one. If I'm supposed to buy that he didn't lose clean, I wouldn't wait for over two years to know the supposed reason he didn't. Him having diverticulitis wasn't even a thing in terms of kayfabe until last year.

Hype interview for their match. And I honestly don't care much, I personally think it shows that Cena never won clean, and I can live with that, even though what you're saying makes more sense.

Won't lie, I actually loved him against The Authority even though he was in Bryan's spot and practically stealing all his thunder. And to be honest, I was indifferent to him until he turned heel and joined Authority. Like, I wasn't too high on him or anything but I was fine with him being on the shows too. But dude's been AIDS ever since he aligned with Authority and being forced into everything good and ruining everything and going over everyone. He's consistently the worst part of the shows for me now.

Big Show's an on/off guy IMO. He has his moments where he's great (His feud with Mark Henry in late 2011, anytime he faces Sheamus, his team with Mark Henry) and he has moments where he just isn't being booked right. There was no reason for him & Kane to eliminate all those guys in the Rumble. Surely they could have done that to lower card guys like Fandango, Titus O'Neil & Jack Swagger? His role in the Authority is very flip-flop too. They say he's a monster, yet when was the last time he won a match without outside interference? I'm still extremely salty that the team of Big Show & Mark Henry was broken up, they could have been a great dominant team.

Archived