wwe2k16 Stone Cold showcase video package

romanticking

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this Showcase covers the InVasion angle im gonna freak out, so many good possibilities for roster additions

It needs to, Austin evolved into an entirely different character during that time. Is Angle still contracted to TNA? (It would be a shame if he wasn't in, as those two had great chemistry)

I also saw Rebellion 2001 live - so that era Austin was the one I saw (fought The Rock in a classic) Kurt fought Jericho for the WCW title.

Depending on contracts, we'd be looking at Dreamer, Taz, Sandman, Rhyno, Kronik, Dudleys, Hardys, Jericho, Angle, Hurricane Helms, Saturn, Malenko, Sabu, Stasiak etc.

Id be willing to make a guess that InVasion era would give us Dreamer, Taz, Dudleys, Rhyno (who is a huge possibility thanks to nxt), Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, maybe even Kanyon too. If we ECW Austin after he got fired from wcw, theres chances for Corino, Sandman and Justin Credible too.

Im hyped for this roster. Regardless of who makes it and who doesnt, and even though there will still be some copy and paste from 15 (like Adnan and Shiek), i think 2k will kill it this year.

If this Showcase covers the InVasion angle im gonna freak out, so many good possibilities for roster additions

It needs to, Austin evolved into an entirely different character during that time. Is Angle still contracted to TNA? (It would be a shame if he wasn't in, as those two had great chemistry)

I also saw Rebellion 2001 live - so that era Austin was the one I saw (fought The Rock in a classic) Kurt fought Jericho for the WCW title.

Depending on contracts, we'd be looking at Dreamer, Taz, Sandman, Rhyno, Kronik, Dudleys, Hardys, Jericho, Angle, Hurricane Helms, Saturn, Malenko, Sabu, Stasiak etc.

If only... sigh.

I highy doubt it though.

so for the unfortunate people that haven't seen the video, would someone care to elaborate on what happens in the video please?

It's a video package of Austin vs Triple H.

It's very possible this is legit. Also makes some sense too with my Brock Lesnar vs Angle Showcase theory. As Angle too was a big part of the Stone Cold 2001 era.

Plus its an era they haven't really touched on in recent years SVR games.

So assuming its No Way Out Feb 2001 Austin VS HHH we can assume therefore the final match is WrestleMania X-Seven with the Rock in April 2001.

Therefore we have to figure out the key matches during that period or just before No Way Out perhaps.

and here's a llink to all the RAW matches in that time frame

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/2001_List_of_Monday_Night_RAW_results

Jan 1

William Regal defeated Steve Austin in a WWF World Heavyweight Title Tournament Match # 1 Contendership (with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley as Special guest referee (5:25)

Jan 8

Steve Austin defeated Kurt Angle © by DQ in a WWE Championship match (12:14)

Jan 15

Steve Austin & The APA (Bradshaw & Faarooq) defeated Christian, Edge & Kurt Angle in a Six Man Tag Team Match (6:45)

Feb 5

Kurt Angle & The Rock (w/ Trish Stratus) defeated Steve Austin & Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) in a No Disqualification Tag Team Match (7:51)

Feb 19

Steve Austin & The Rock defeated Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle (10:52)

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Feb 25 No Way Out

Triple H beat Steve Austin in 3 falls.

Mar 5

Steve Austin & The Rock defeated Kurt Angle & Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) (8:26)

Mar 26

Steve Austin & The Rock (w/ Debra) defeated The Brothers of Destruction (4:46)

Apr 1 Mania

Steve Austin beat the Rock to win the WWF title

Apr 2

Steve Austin (w/ Vince McMahon) © vs. The Rock in a Steel Cage match in a WWF Championship Match ended in a no contest (10:57)

Backlash

In a match for WWF, Intercontinental, & Tag Team Titles: WWF Champ Steve Austin & Intercontinental champ Triple H won the Tag Team Titles from Kane & The Undertaker

Judgement Day

WWF Title: Champ Steve Austin beat The Undertaker

scrap my theory...I forgot they confirmed LOD commentary.. meaning this 2001 feud can't be the one. As Road Warriors left March 29, 1999

There's no way in hell Kurt Angle would be in. He isn't wanted back in WWE, and I highly doubt Vince would sign off on him being in 2k16. The senile old fool.

See when angle met with WWE in April he was pissed off they didnt sign him... nothing was ever said about them maybe just wanting him for the game. Maybe that's why he was annoyed...

so for the unfortunate people that haven't seen the video, would someone care to elaborate on what happens in the video please?

- Stone Cold wins the Royal Rumble

- We see the famous car accident

- Triple H taunts Stone Cold and Stephanie slaps him

- Stone Cold does the stunner on Stephanie

- Triple H does the pedigree on Jim Ross

Triple H... Stone Cold... 3 Stages of hell... No Way Out. Up next

They need to get retro Triple H right this year. Last year they gave Evolution Triple H a perm instead of having slicked back hair. Now that this is the Attitude Era Triple H this year, they need to have hair hang in front of his face

If we're on the subject of getting people down right, they need to start with Stone Cold. They always give us an older looking Austin rather than the younger version circa 1996 or so. That Austin was visually younger and his facial features were a bit different than the one we always get.

Archived