Guest Fight Me.

Fell asleep during the main event, but I knew Cody would end it with the same spot he hit on New Age Outlaws lol He's like Angle now, he's gotta do it every cage match he has now.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant get over that last night. The AEW crowd atmosphere and overall feel is way better than a WWE show tbh. A lot less families and more hardcore wrestling fans. They lighting was good and the stage and stuff didnt look too overproduced. I dont know why, it just felt more intimate. The impact felt closer and moves felt like they had impact to them. I cant wait til whenever they come back.

IF AEW IS IN YOUR CITY, GO.

Can't wait for the Jersey show next month! Two weeks in a row now that people are touting the latest episode as the best yet. :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8xaXjRpIJT/?igshid=p0alvueis24k

First action figures are looking great! Wonder if Hawkins and Ryder will get shit for this though. Idk lol

Well their options are:

A: They'll get their mega push stopped.

2: They'll get suspended from a show they're barely on.

III: Fired.

One big thing that AEW is gonna miss out on with their cage rules, is that you're never going to have that suspense when someone climbs the cage. You will automatically know that they are going for a move off the top. There will be no moment of being swerved, where you are shocked that they turned back. Those have been some of the best moments in wrestling history...where people have risked everything instead of just winning the match. AEW has shot themselves in the foot in that regard.

i will say something none of you cowards have the guts to say: with respect, i would like Kris Statlander to sit on me.

Bitch that's all I want.

As far as escaping the cage goes, I see guys like JR and Arn getting in their ears about keeping these matches old school. I don't think escaping the cage was a thing til they had to start protecting guys like Hogan.

couple things about the cage match:

-i loved it.

-that cage is *censored*ing beautiful.

-excited to see more of Wardlow.

-if you told me two years ago that i would enjoy Cody more in 2020 than Kenny Omega i would have spit in your face and then wiped it off and apologized. Cody really is a much needed change of pace. hes not much of a workrate guy but has managed to modernize old school storytelling and in-ring action in a way where fans of the high work rate style can still enjoy it and want more of it. Cody is essentially 2017-2018 Omega only the stories being told here are more on-the-nose and in your face.

-also he did that moonsault with like zero hesitation and it was gorgeous.

So...AEW isn't using the "escape to win" rule in cage matches? That's honestly a smart call, especially if they let the match continue outside the cage. That's a blank canvas of spots waiting to happen.

I didn't even think of that. That's uncharted territory isn't it? Other than maybe that Hardys vs E&C match where Jeff escaped early and I think eventually pulled one of the two others out to fight em outside?

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived