Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if they were gonna have Cobb debut tonight...they should have just let that be a surprise to end the show. Wtf.

I think since they've gotten flack from having others debut like if we already know em, perhaps they just wanted to play it safe here lol

But yeah, MY MANS MATANZA out here. Sucks Cobb is gonna take an L on his first match probably, but he looked good here. Like a young Rhyno even.

It isn't transphobia to disagree with a trans person being rewarded for something that is meant to be for one gender or the other. Transphobia would suggest that the dude hates transphobic people...(wants nothing to do with them)...won't even breathe the same air as one...won't talk to one, or take the time to know one. And that is simply not the case here.

You ARE allowed to have opinions about transgender people performing in gender-specific sports without being "transphobic". Those are not mutually exclusive. People need to stop acting like one goes with the other. You're doing more harm than good by calling people transphobic for having that opinion.

I would consider it transphobic to exclude transgender people from something like military service...because, both genders are openly enrolled. But, when it comes to something like a sports setting...that's open for deeper speculation, and nobody should be labeled anything for having an opinion either way. Pro wrestling is a good place to start that debate...because "legitimate" sports obviously have much more riding on that discussion. You certainly must consider a former male becoming a woman and joining an MMA league to fight people who were born as women. That's definitely a deeper subject...and you can't just call people transphobic for saying no to that.

Another thing about the pro wrestling side of things, is that many of these promotions don't allow women to compete for men's titles. So...if you can have former males becoming women and then winning the women's titles...then you should also allow the women to win men's belts...and very few promotions (AEW not included thus far) actually do that. And to add to that, what happens if either Nyla Rose herself (or management) conveniently decides that she should be AEW World champion in the future? Is that fair to the women of AEW who probably wouldn't be given that same opportunity? It's a double-edged sword that people seem to be conveniently ignoring while slinging mud at others who have opinions against it.

Tldr: Val Venis said nothing wrong.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived