Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People "losing their eyes" is one of the most cliché angles in pro wrestling. Unless Moxley is going to wear an eye-patch for literally months, then they shouldn't have done it. Being stabbed in the *censored*ing eyeball with a steel spike would result in a potentially popped eyeball...which is something you would never recover from, and would require a glass eye to replace.

Best case scenario would be that he merely scratched the eye and ended up stabbing the area around it...which would still require an eyepatch for longer than I imagine this angle actually going. Yeah...I just don't like that kind of angle. Only time I remember it working alright was with Big Ryck in Lucha Underground.

Taz is not a good commentator, IMO...and AEW already has too many people signed under that category. It would be interesting for him to be a manager or something...but that's about the extent of my appreciation for this news. My guess is that they want him to be full-time for Dark, so they don't need to rotate random wrestlers in that role. That said...I actually like the random guest commentators.

We all know what happened when WCW expanded to a 2nd show. Let's hope AEW doesn't bite off more then they can chew. It's not like they are setting the world on fire in regards to how everything has been creatively. They better sort out Dynamite before getting a 2nd show. Maybe theh could do something similar to WCW Saturday Night.

Dark Order original plans

AEW reportedly had plans to reveal Marty Scurll as the leader of The Dark Order, The Exalted One, according to a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Scurll ended up signing a new deal with ROH and those plans were changed. AEW originally wanted to reveal Scurll as the leader during the December 18 Dynamite episode from Corpus Christi, Texas, but now theres no word yet on who the leader will be.

The segment in Corpus Christi is the one that received harsh negative criticism across the board, even from AEW announcer Jim Ross.

Scurlls ROH deal is said to be the most lucrative in company history, and includes Scurll working at the top of creative. Scurll was reportedly responsible for the recent angles at the ROH Honor Reigns Supreme and Center Stage events. Hunter Johnston (Delirious) is handling some of the creative duties with Scurll, but is also the head of TV production as Executive Producer still. Johnston is said to be very happy with the changes and sees them as a stress reliever, hoping that his level of pressure and anxiety would decrease, according to the Observer. Johnston did not disagree with any of Scurlls recent ideas or directions.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived