Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many of the stories and characters are similar. You have the bunny faction who are dark and mysterious. You have the Nightmare Collective and the Dark Order who seem like the same thing only one for the women and another for the men. You even had Daniels reject the Dark Order on the same night Moxley rejected the Inner Circle. Those stories should not be happening at the same time let alone on the same show. I just feel like AEW has a lot to clean up and needs a little bit more structure to their cards and storylines.

Just watched it.

Highlight was honestly Omega and Page vs Private Party, shit was a banger.

Nightmare collective is weird af. I liked it more with just Brandi and Kong, idk who Mel and Luther are, but they look weird. Not keen on them messing up the title match either, I was really excited to see it.

I totally forgot about BBB. I don't like them. I feel like the real money match next week would've been DDP vs MJF, not some big multiman tag.

The Mox turn at the end took too long be thinks. Like, we all kinda knew it was coming but it took them so long to get there.

Yeah, in retrospect, the tone of this episode was just...weird. A lot of these angles are similar and just way over-complex and convoluted. I kinda wish they would take it back to basics while they still figure themselves out.

Edit: AND WHERE THE FRICK ARE TH2?? PUT THEM ON THE MAIN SHOW YOU COWARDS.

What beef? It was a fair critique. I don't think shes ready be the centerpiece of the division either. Thats controversial to say? She has a ways to go (as she should) but the potential is clearly there and Dave has said that.

And he didnt chalk "the whole segment" up to Statlander not being ready. The guy is making it seem like Dave said the match was overbooked to hide Statlander's inexperience. But that's not what I took away from what Dave said about the match.

But honestly look at that division, Kong is legit the only one who has any sorta resume to run that division. At least Kris Stat would be there to defend the belt.

Everything that happened in that match could have happened after with the same effect. But it was crazy overbooked with Brandi on commentary, run ins, and Baker sitting in the crowd for some reason.

Drew would know her better then anyone, he put her out there to do her thing the past year. That match wasn't bad last night, shes way better then ALOT of people on the roster who have been doing it longer. I just don't see why Dave singled her out as the reason why that angle didn't work. Theres a ton of reasons why that angle didn't work and Rioh and Kris stat aren't one of them.

Did you listen to the show, though? He also said the match was overbooked and had too many people involved in addition to Statlander not being carried as well as she was when Shida wrestled her. This idea that he put most of the blame on Statlander is not totally accurate.

I think the division was poorly built. I've said it before they need more veterans -- ideally ones with some TV experience.

^ Probably means nothing. Aren't people on AEW roster allowed to work wherever else they want? Thought that was a key selling point for hiring talents when they started.

I don't know, him Jungle Boy and Stunt had farewell matches a few months ago for GCW. Cassidy still appears everywhere. Its all weird.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived