U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, not only is Trump trying to force a portion of energy to come from coal and nuclear to boost production of those forms of energy...but now he's going to cost the US billions in solar tariffs.

There's "fighting for jobs"...and then there's "destroying established jobs to make other jobs". Trump is dead-set on doing the latter. Every time I think I couldn't possibly hate this clown any more...he finds new ways.

Aren't some businesses against solar or something? That's probably why he's *censored*ing around with the solar industry and hurting it.

Hopefully people won't vote for him again just for spite...

they will, they will as long as the left/liberals don't like Trump. The right would rather see the US led by shitty men than let the liberals succeed, no matter how it negatively or positively affects the country.

I missed a couple of days looking to respond to earlier comments and came to this... Whatever this is :lol:

While you're at it, I'm still wondering whey you said my opinion didn't matter a few pages back. Waiting impatiently

As far as the second Trump term goes I'm wondering how different voter turnout in the primaries will be this time. How many people opted out of voting because they thought there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell Trump could win? Just how the mass majority of Trump voters were very silent about voting for him, so quiet that none of the analysts could predict he had even somewhat of a valid shot, could there be a new silent(doubt it) group of new voters building up to vote against him? And I'm talking about the ones that could vote before and just didn't. What about all these high school kids flipping out about these shootings and whatnot who are gonna graduate before the 2020 election? If there's a candidate that focuses heavily on that, that could damage Trump's chances. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump stays, but there are just so many people that weren't factors in '16 that may change everything

If we believe Bernie would have won had he not been cheated out of the primaries (and a lot of stats and polls show he would have whooped Trumps ass in the general election) and if we consider how much traction his policies have gotten the past couple years, namely universal healthcare, then its safe to assume he or a candidate like him could prevent a second Trump term.

The problem here is how stupid the Democratic party is. Theyre just in the way. They have tried to #Resist (yes the hashtag is to mock them) Trump with these stupid ass scandals that the average American doesnt give a slice of a *Censored* about instead of attacking his many terrible policies and providing better alternatives. Watching corporate democrats just makes me vomit which is why Im glad a lot of them are being exposed so populist and progressive democrats can take their place and the stupid ass party can have an actual identity that isnt just them saying how they are better than Trump and company.

Given what Bernie has said and done though, like how he was willing to compromise on women's rights to get abortion and all, I think Bernie lost a lot of traction.

The Democratic party, apart from few people, are trash. Basically agree with EJ.

If we believe Bernie would have won had he not been cheated out of the primaries (and a lot of stats and polls show he would have whooped Trumps ass in the general election) and if we consider how much traction his policies have gotten the past couple years, namely universal healthcare, then its safe to assume he or a candidate like him could prevent a second Trump term.

The problem here is how stupid the Democratic party is. Theyre just in the way. They have tried to #Resist (yes the hashtag is to mock them) Trump with these stupid ass scandals that the average American doesnt give a slice of a *Censored* about instead of attacking his many terrible policies and providing better alternatives. Watching corporate democrats just makes me vomit which is why Im glad a lot of them are being exposed so populist and progressive democrats can take their place and the stupid ass party can have an actual identity that isnt just them saying how they are better than Trump and company.

Wayyyy to early for any of us to be talking about the next presidential election obviously, but the only democratic candidate I see as a threat right now is Joe Biden. I think him and Bernie were the only ones who stood a chance against Trump last time. If Bernie ran again this time, I dont think he would win though.

But your second paragraph is spot on. If the democratic message the next election is "Dont Vote Trump. Trump and His Supporters Are Evil" they will lose easily. If their message is "Vote for us because we support A, B, and C" than they'll have a chance.

The family of Muhammad Ali turned down a pardon from Trump.

Hopefully this is the first big "no thank you" of many. The message needs to be sent that pardoning shit for those who have already paid their dues (or even those who are deceased in this case) is an empty action that won't win Trump the minority vote. This dude is out here trying real hard to spin votes out of a hollow action that means jack shit...

I also believe it's a case of showing the people who might talk against him, that if they go to prison with their mouths shut, he can just pardon them. Either way, it means nothing to the people who have already paid that price.

The family of Muhammad Ali turned down a pardon from Trump.

Hopefully this is the first big "no thank you" of many. The message needs to be sent that pardoning shit for those who have already paid their dues (or even those who are deceased in this case) is an empty action that won't win Trump the minority vote. This dude is out here trying real hard to spin votes out of a hollow action that means jack shit...

I also believe it's a case of showing the people who might talk against him, that if they go to prison with their mouths shut, he can just pardon them. Either way, it means nothing to the people who have already paid that price.

It's because he doesn't need one. The supreme court overturned his conviction in 1971.

Oh and in 1977 the president pardoned all draft dodgers from my understanding.

Wayyyy to early for any of us to be talking about the next presidential election obviously, but the only democratic candidate I see as a threat right now is Joe Biden. I think him and Bernie were the only ones who stood a chance against Trump last time. If Bernie ran again this time, I dont think he would win though.

But your second paragraph is spot on. If the democratic message the next election is "Dont Vote Trump. Trump and His Supporters Are Evil" they will lose easily. If their message is "Vote for us because we support A, B, and C" than they'll have a chance.

As someone who leans more left, I agree with this. It scares me how the democratic party will approach this. They could end up looking just as stupid as they think Trump looks after the next election.

I'm just saying...Trump is looking to pardon anyone he can, on the basis that it makes him look compassionate or whatever. The fact that Ali's conviction was already overturned makes it even more embarrassing for Trump, tbh. I didn't know that was part of it, but it really goes to show that he has no idea what he's talking about if he's trying to pardon people who have already been pardoned. He just wants name value. He's looking to add "accomplishments" to his presidency. He wants to say "I pardoned this person, and this person, and this person"...go down his bullet list of empty achievements.

He should pardon Hillary to get more liberals to support him.

He'd lose the support of republicans. Not worth it, even if you were serious. Best to keep the ignorant right's loyalties.

Democrats honestly need a overhaul.

If you pardon Hillary then it forces people to admit she's a criminal. Don't think that will happen. It'll just keep getting swept under the rug. No one wants to get suicided in the back of the head.

Democrats really need to stop trying to be the anti-conservative party and start trying to be a much better party because I don't think that they really are that much better by standing for the complete opposite of what the conservatives stand for. Truth is the US should be concerned with protecting it's borders, but the Dems try to make it seem like that is a really awful thing, as well as deporting illegals. They don't have to go full Nazi, but still this whole super-liberal crap doesn't quite work either. Same thing with all the ultra-PC shit.

Funny thing is, I don't ever remember democrats being like this before. It felt like republicans were always the "anti-liberal" party...doing everything just because it was against what the other side wanted. Now, being as extreme (and for the most part, outright *censored*ing crazy) as the far right is in 2018...the democratic side has taken to shooting down everything that they stand for...but I still really don't consider it "opposing the right just to be contrary". I've said time and again...just show me anything that the right stands for that is agreeable, and I'll give it a shot. Problem is...those people have a big obsession with being batshit crazy. They make it really easy to oppose every single thing they stand for, because they have no common-sense shit in their core values. They're leading now, and the country is going to hell in a flaming poo bag. And I'll say it again...I never used to be a democrat, and still don't consider myself to be one...but I do strongly oppose all the bullshit that the right tries to feed people. So, there's that. At it's center, I feel like the right created this entire situation by being so *censored*ing extreme. They had every chance after Trump was elected, to back-pedal and be like "this isn't who we are"...but they haven't done shit. They're just happy they *censored*ing won something...

The Democrats find it much easier to criticize Trump, but the problem is, they're not giving solutions. All they're hoping to do is say "look at dumb thing Trump did or said, vote for us and prevent this from happening!" If nothing else, they better have solutions and share some of them, otherwise they will lose again.

The Democrats find it much easier to criticize Trump, but the problem is, they're not giving solutions. All they're hoping to do is say "look at dumb thing Trump did or said, vote for us and prevent this from happening!" If nothing else, they better have solutions and share some of them, otherwise they will lose again.

Maybe the left don't have solutions for making the republicans "happy"...or bringing them into the fold. But the left still doesn't proceed with a "break eggs to make an omelet" mentality, where they just want to change things for the sake of changing them (which is all that the right has).

It's considerably worse to muck things up when you have no plan on how to fix them, then it is to just limit what is done. Again...the right is in a war with common sense.

You can't say that climate change doesn't exist just because it's more convenient for you. You can't go out of your way to kill green energy jobs because you want coal to succeed (because you're in their damn pocket, btw). You can't claim that a foreign entity like Russia had nothing to do with attacking our country, while simultaneously hyping them up as a great ally (somehow not shady at all?). Really...every time I see what the republican agenda is on about, it leaves me scratching my head that these people consider themselves "good patriots".

Maybe the left don't have solutions for making the republicans "happy"...or bringing them into the fold. But the left still doesn't proceed with a "break eggs to make an omelet" mentality, where they just want to change things for the sake of changing them (which is all that the right has).

It's considerably worse to muck things up when you have no plan on how to fix them, then it is to just limit what is done. Again...the right is in a war with common sense.

You can't say that climate change doesn't exist just because it's more convenient for you. You can't go out of your way to kill green energy jobs because you want coal to succeed (because you're in their damn pocket, btw). You can't claim that a foreign entity like Russia had nothing to do with attacking our country, while simultaneously hyping them up as a great ally (somehow not shady at all?). Really...every time I see what the republican agenda is on about, it leaves me scratching my head that these people consider themselves "good patriots".

It's not about making the republicans happy, they'll never be happy with anything democrat or liberal as long as it's not conservative. The right are obsessed with getting rid of anything good for the people while implementing things good for businesses and their wallets. Democrats need to focus on inspiring their voter base and neutrals to vote, and to do that they need to be happy or approve of the party's solutions.

They don't know what patriotism or good patriot is, though. They think being a good patriot is jerking off to the flag while thinking about the vets, while disrespecting the flag by wearing it and not doing anything to help the vets. I mean, look at how many homeless vets we have in NYC alone, but has anything been done to combat this?

Dont forget Trump signing those bills making it legal to hunt rhinos and other endangered species for seemingly no reason other than doing it. Seems pretty *censored*ed up that the US somehow dictates that certain animals from a foreign country can be killed.

So the CEO Twitter is under Fire because he bought Chick-fil-A during Pride month

Can't blame them if Chic Fil A really does donate money to anti-LGBTQP groups.

So the CEO Twitter is under Fire because he bought Chick-fil-A during Pride month

Why?

Because Chic Fil A is against homosexuality due to a fictional book and imaginary being.

Archived