U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

The parents broke the law because they thought it was better to risk getting thrown in jail than to be in their home country. For all the Bible thumping these right wingers do, I'm sure Jesus would not have approved of separating immigrant families or even refusing to let them in.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The parents broke the law because they thought it was better to risk getting thrown in jail than to be in their home country. For all the Bible thumping these right wingers do, I'm sure Jesus would not have approved of separating immigrant families or even refusing to let them in.

So in one sentence you call people bible thumpers, and than the next you try to use Jesus to prove your point? What are you even talking about?

Also apparently illegal aliens can break whatever laws they want. Just as long as they do it for their kids. Why not let them shop lift too so their kids can have nice things.

So in one sentence you call people bible thumpers, and than the next you try to use Jesus to prove your point? What are you even talking about?

Also apparently illegal aliens can break whatever laws they want. Just as long as they do it for their kids. Why not let them shop lift too so their kids can have nice things.

He's saying that people who claim to follow the teachings of the bible and claim to be pro-life and for wholesome family values, in this case conservatives, are hypocrites because they have no problem splitting up families of immigrants and wanting them to go back to their country despite fleeing away from danger and possibly certain death if they return back.

Also it's not really "apparent" that they can break ANY law they want and get away with it, they've tried to break only one so far and they've been thrown into cages. I don't agree with people being able to get in this country illegally as it carries certain risks for all involved, but lets at least clarify a few things and try to understand what is happening before continuing with this conversation.

There were times in the past where Trump supporters said things out of ignorance, which could be excused for how ignorant those people were being. But at this point in the presidency, you're grasping at serious straws if you still support this lunatic. All he does is create a dozen problems per week, and pretend to fix half of them. And republicans have lost any right to ever even use the word "deficit" again.

It's not that hard to understand.

So if you're pro-life, then why are you okay with sending "illegal" immigrants back to their home country where they and their kids could be killed or die due to issues? The republicans continue to proof that they're full of shit, claiming to be about lives but willing to let people die just because of a law. Promote family values but are completely okay with splitting up families. Few of them even claim to be against abortion, but they pay their mistresses to get abortion just to avoid getting caught. Apparently if the right break the law, then it's okay.

Well, US would get fewer people immigrating if it stopped advertising itself as the best country ever, and if it stopped hurting other countries and forcing people to emigrate. It's not like immigrants are going to kill Americans and take over their land, like Americans did to Native Americans.

He's saying that people who claim to follow the teachings of the bible and claim to be pro-life and for wholesome family values, in this case conservatives, are hypocrites because they have no problem splitting up families of immigrants and wanting them to go back to their country despite fleeing away from danger and possibly certain death if they return back.

Also it's not really "apparent" that they can break ANY law they want and get away with it, they've tried to break only one so far and they've been thrown into cages. I don't agree with people being able to get in this country illegally as it carries certain risks for all involved, but lets at least clarify a few things and try to understand what is happening before continuing with this conversation.

Exactly. And Jesus would not support this sort of disgusting act anyway, especially with how benevolent he's been portrayed as.

I'm not a fan of people coming in by breaking laws, but at least it helps to understand why they do it.

That's how bad they are that he wouldn't wanna go there. For all the glorifying they do of Jesus and comparing him to Mohammad, a lot of these Christians don't follow his teachings. He says to turn the other cheek or something and to get along, but a lot of Christians attack and even kill Muslims and go out of their way to piss off Muslims.

Jesus wouldn't want to come to USA anyway, he'd be disappointed with the so-called right wing Christians.

But he'd love to sit down with the pro-abortion left wing right?

Though comment aside, Jesus would sit down with anyone who welcomed him into their home.

But he'd love to sit down with the pro-abortion left wing right?

Walking such a fine line. Lmao.

I am? What line would that be exactly?

My first comment was snarky yes, but the irony of M3J posting about Jesus would and wouldn't do is almost unbearable. From previous conversations with him, its clear he knows little about Jesus or the bible. In fact he'd probably admit it himself.

And for the record, its not that I disagree with him that Jesus might be disappointed with some on the right. He's right that often Christians don't practice what is preached and that is why we need Jesus in the first place, because we are not perfect. We need his forgiveness.

My issue...or what I find interesting is that he thinks Jesus would only be disappointed with the right wing. Especially when some on the left do everything in their power to remove Jesus from any public area.

Jesus doesn't exist. So, it's cool.

Anyway...

Saw that Melania wore a coat that said "I really don't care, do u?" on the back. Now...I'm the last person to give a shit about what people say/do/wear/feel, etc...but given the circumstances, how is that not a blatant foul? This circus gets wackier every single day...

It's like, you know there's an entire team of PR people, whose entire job it is to say "Hey, maybe not such a great look for the presidential family to suggest that they generally don't care (sarcastically or otherwise)". So, that suggestion must have been made...and then it was blatantly ignored anyway. And that's IF (big if)...it was even Melania who chose to wear that. I'm putting nothing past Trump himself at this point, to be like "she's making me look bad...stick her in this coat"...

Jesus doesn't exist. So, it's cool.

Except most evidence suggests he did. The argument to be had is if he was the son of God. Not if he existed or not.

Though at least you are honest in your belief and don't simply mention him to justify your position when convenient.

It turns out that Viral picture of the little girl in pink has supposedly separated from her parents according to the father of the child she would never separate at the border

Is that the TIME magazine cover? Call me crazy but if I was part of the Media or was being called "Fake News" I'd do everything in my power to make sure what I post is factual and can't be disputed. Instead its like they try to give Trump as much ammo as possible.

It turns out that Viral picture of the little girl in pink has supposedly separated from her parents according to the father of the child she would never separate at the border

Is that the TIME magazine cover? Call me crazy but if I was part of the Media or was being called "Fake News" I'd do everything in my power to make sure what I post is factual and can't be disputed. Instead its like they try to give Trump as much ammo as possible.

Yep

It's time magazine. I don't even consider them "news". And alt right media like alt right media over the world are more often fake then mainstream media. So there's that. Not even gonna mention FOX which is like acid.

Anti media that alt right uses actually comes from something that more liberal people have been saying for over a decade, but they have succesdfuly used it to manipulate and cater to their supporters.

There is a great problem all over the world with alternative facts and truths. It's not only a problem with mainstream like a lot of people may think.

Archived