U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the CEO Twitter is under Fire because he bought Chick-fil-A during Pride month

Can't blame them if Chic Fil A really does donate money to anti-LGBTQP groups.

So the CEO Twitter is under Fire because he bought Chick-fil-A during Pride month

Why?

Because Chic Fil A is against homosexuality due to a fictional book and imaginary being.

Gonna need to see some proof on that last one.

What has this world gone to that you can't buy Chick-fil-A because it's pride month, didn't even know we had a pride month.

Do you know why people have a problem with Jack Dorsey getting Chic-Fil-A during Pride Month?

What has this world gone to that you can't buy Chick-fil-A because it's pride month, didn't even know we had a pride month.

Do you know why people have a problem with Jack Dorsey getting Chic-Fil-A during Pride Month?

I'm sure he does. But like any normal, non-SJW he doesn't care what people have for lunch. Or judge them for it....my guess anyway.

Yes, and do I care nope. What someone eats shouldn't have backlash because of the owner of the companies political views. What is everyone not Republican or anti-abortion not go to Chick-fil-A during pride month, what about the other 11 months of the year is it okay then?

Next no one will be allowed to watch a movie involving Harvey Weinstein in March or drive a Ford during holocaust remembrance day.

One of the problem is that Chic-Fil-A has been giving money to anti-homosexual groups, on top of being anti-homosexual. Given Twitter celebrates Pride Month, it makes no sense that its CEO would spend money at an establishment that goes against Pride. That's like the CEO of Coca Cola defending the white supremacists or the right, when Coca Cola's message is about unity regardless of background, something these two groups are against.

Why are views on abortion brought into this discussion about sexual orientation?

Given Twitter celebrates Pride Month, it makes no sense that its CEO would spend money at an establishment that goes against Pride. That's like the CEO of Coca Cola defending the white supremacists or the right, when Coca Cola's message is about unity regardless of background, something these two groups are against.

It's no more "defending the white supremacists" as it is answering a Craigslist ad from a guy that regularly attends rallies. Just because you bought some furniture from a racist doesn't make you a racist

Remember a couple pages ago we talked about the democratic party having the right message if they plan to beat Trump? This can also be applied to SJW's too.

Both parties are sick of political correctness. They are tired of people getting outraged over what someone has for lunch. Right or wrong, Trump saying whatever he wanted was a breath of fresh air for a lot of people and they voted for him because of that.

One of the problem is that Chic-Fil-A has been giving money to anti-homosexual groups, on top of being anti-homosexual. Given Twitter celebrates Pride Month, it makes no sense that its CEO would spend money at an establishment that goes against Pride. That's like the CEO of Coca Cola defending the white supremacists or the right, when Coca Cola's message is about unity regardless of background, something these two groups are against.

Why are views on abortion brought into this discussion about sexual orientation?

How the hell are you going to compare defending a racist organization to buying lunch

People being "too soft"...or being upset about stupid shit isn't a political issue. It's really not. Yeah, it's annoying as *Censored*...but it shouldn't play a part into politics, because it isn't an issue that any politician is ever going to be able to address. You can't change what people choose to be unhappy about. Period. (And this is the exact same reason why church and state are meant to be kept separate).

That's just the way that people are now. It's due in large part to the internet, and the ease at which people can complain about things. And for *Censored*'s sake...it goes both ways. I'm frankly sick of every republican getting pissy over things like people not standing for the anthem, or calling people cucks because they think everyone should be as selfish and cold as they are when it comes to things like the environment or going to war. You have this party who hates people being "little bitches"...and then they constantly act like little bitches just the same when it comes to things that they don't agree with.

And I said it when people elected Trump...that shit isn't a "breath of fresh air". He's a little bitch too. All that man does is whine and complain, and bitch, and moan, and point fingers, and skirt blame. How is that a breath of fresh air? He takes responsibility for absolutely nothing. You just don't see how it's exactly the same, because you agree with his policies (or lack thereof). Trump is a pile of human-mashed potatoes. He couldn't be a softer little bitch if he actively tried. He's offended by way more shit than your average citizen. I don't know that I've ever seen someone who is so easily upset by what other people say or do. His twitter feed is proof enough of that.

Why?

Because Chic Fil A is against homosexuality due to a fictional book and imaginary being.
OK, then why is the man under fire just for eating there? You can buy food from a restaurant without necessarily supporting/ siding with their beliefs.

Given Twitter celebrates Pride Month, it makes no sense that its CEO would spend money at an establishment that goes against Pride. That's like the CEO of Coca Cola defending the white supremacists or the right, when Coca Cola's message is about unity regardless of background, something these two groups are against.

It's no more "defending the white supremacists" as it is answering a Craigslist ad from a guy that regularly attends rallies. Just because you bought some furniture from a racist doesn't make you a racist

I'm not talking about buying furniture, the comparison is about defending racists. The CEO would be under fire and would seem like a sympathizer with racists because of what Coca Cola represents. While that might not make the CEO look like a racist, it does show he condones racism.

Why?

OK, then why is the man under fire just for eating there? You can buy food from a restaurant without necessarily supporting/ siding with their beliefs.

Because he's giving money to a business that funds anti-gay groups and is homophobic? It's still supporting/helping the business that's against what Pride Month is about. If someone like the Breitbart founder did it, no one would care since the right are seen as homophobic, and Breitbart caters to the right.

Lot of criticisms towards "SJWs" are stupid, tbh. Feels like people will call anyone SJWs just for pointing out something racist, sexist, or bigoted in what they say and will call them sensitive or soft or some shit, when the truth is US has always been like that for at least a century. Difference is, people long time ago cried about seeing a woman show her ankle compared to people nowadays saying women shouldn't be disrespected or seen as inferior.

I'm not talking about buying furniture, the comparison is about defending racists. The CEO would be under fire and would seem like a sympathizer with racists because of what Coca Cola represents. While that might not make the CEO look like a racist, it does show he condones racism.

First of all, it comes down to what the Coke CEO was actually defending. Was he defending the right to speak freely? I'll defend that myself right up to a certain point. Twitter CEO isn't defending the Christian values, anti-gay, or homophobia ("racism" in your example), he bought a sandwich. He only would be under fire when a bunch of hyper-sensitive people paint the target and bust out the gats, which is exactly what they did here. Granted I understand why they were upset, but this is 2018 and people get upset over far less. They took the words of one man 5 years ago that don't come close to matching the mindset and values of the people beneath him that helped to build his company, not as a collective.

Basically the people crying about this by their logic are calling many gays anti-gay supports. There are gays that work at CFA even in management, gays that eat at at CFA, gays defending gays defending Twitter's CEO about this nonsense and they're well aware of the history. They don't see this sheeit as defending the CFA owners words and stance. It's buying food. People don't wanna let that whole situation go even thought there have been instances of various CFAs doing very pro-LGBTQ things long after those statements were made. It's your choice if you want to make a stance with your wallet, granted it's not doing you any good because CFA is putting in work financially, but don't go after another person like he's wearing an "I Hate Queers" t-shirt while he's buying his chicken.

If you drink Coors, Millers, Blue Moon, or Molson amongst many others during Black History Month, I guess you're a racist. You support the racist agenda because Coors Brewing Company has extremely racist ties. That's right. Anybody who engaged in the consumption of these beverages during the big game this year YOU SUPPORT RACISM. But nobody said a gat damn thing about that, did they?

First of all, it comes down to what the Coke CEO was actually defending. Was he defending the right to speak freely? I'll defend that myself right up to a certain point. Twitter CEO isn't defending the Christian values, anti-gay, or homophobia ("racism" in your example), he bought a sandwich. He only would be under fire when a bunch of hyper-sensitive people paint the target and bust out the gats, which is exactly what they did here. Granted I understand why they were upset, but this is 2018 and people get upset over far less. They took the words of one man 5 years ago that don't come close to matching the mindset and values of the people beneath him that helped to build his company, not as a collective.

Basically the people crying about this by their logic are calling many gays anti-gay supports. There are gays that work at CFA even in management, gays that eat at at CFA, gays defending gays defending Twitter's CEO about this nonsense and they're well aware of the history. They don't see this sheeit as defending the CFA owners words and stance. It's buying food. People don't wanna let that whole situation go even thought there have been instances of various CFAs doing very pro-LGBTQ things long after those statements were made. It's your choice if you want to make a stance with your wallet, granted it's not doing you any good because CFA is putting in work financially, but don't go after another person like he's wearing an "I Hate Queers" t-shirt while he's buying his chicken.

If you drink Coors, Millers, Blue Moon, or Molson amongst many others during Black History Month, I guess you're a racist. You support the racist agenda because Coors Brewing Company has extremely racist ties. That's right. Anybody who engaged in the consumption of these beverages during the big game this year YOU SUPPORT RACISM. But nobody said a gat damn thing about that, did they?

Damn.

Does Coors still have racist ties or was that in the past?

The past, from induction in the late 1800s until at least 1975 and there were minority fights against them well into the mid to late 80s. They've been trying to flip perception ever since. I'm sure some stuff slips through the cracks but nothing concrete I've seen. People will look at that and say "but that was then, this just happened 5 years ago". The founding family of Chick-Fil-A built the company around their religious beliefs. They made donations to companies that share those beliefs, some even taking anti-gay stances to another extreme, but despite never having said "I don't like gays" people choose to punish their employees. What they believe (the founders), do not echo the sentiments of every one who manages or works there. I'm sure there are PLEEEEENTY of places any person can shop at or go to that have racist pasts, but that's just the thing... it's the past. Whether it was 5 years or 40, you shouldn't punish one for the sins of his father.

Like I said, there have been Chick-Fil-A chains that have carried pro-LGBT events. The company does not shut down these ideas because of the company owners beliefs. The family's faith is important to them, but it comes to their personal opinion and how they were raised. Founded on Christian principles but accepting to all (because we wantcho munny). You can dislike gay marriage without being exclusive to gays

If it was long ago, then that'd explain why no one is bringing up Coors. Chic-Fil-A is pretty recent though, and I didn't really think it was homophobic as much as it is just believing a fictional book. I mean, they're closed on Sundays, even, so they do follow the Bible closely. I only had an issue with my money going towards anti-gay groups. now, if they don't do that or haven't done that in the past year or so, then I don't really care about their anti-homosexual beliefs, though I'm not sure if the LGBTP communities do.

The propaganda video Trump showed Kim is unsettling on so many levels.

Guess the US government is openly resorting to cultist videos in 2018.

Also like how the video mentions the world being on the brink of nuclear war, and references Trump as the "hand of peace"...as if Trump and Kim weren't the two assclowns responsible for that threat in the first place. You don't get to shit the bed and then say "hey, I cleaned the sheets"...

Wouldn't be surprised if Trump bans the movie 'The Interview' next. We're halfway to a dystopian future that outlaws certain books and movies anyway...

Archived