THQ games vs 2K games

Muur

THQ vs 2K  

75 members have voted

1. 1. THQ vs 2K

• THQ

if I remember right thq also ask for more time but also got denied every time

the whole troll term is always overstated

if u really look at it 2k isn't really adding anything major like I said they add some to keep the game going and making people buy it but not real major improvements I do feel the that WWE 2k games are getting stagnated or at least show signs of it

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if u really look at it 2k isn't really adding anything major like I said they add some to keep the game going and making people buy it but not real major improvements I do feel the that WWE 2k games are getting stagnated or at least show signs of it

You're joking, right? Please for the love of all that is good, tell me you're joking. Jesus friggin Christ..

You're joking, right? Please for the love of all that is good, tell me you're joking. Jesus friggin Christ..

I REST MY CASE.. THIS I JUST STRAIGHT UP TROLLING... lol

DOUBLE Jesus friggin' Christ

not really career mode still crap promo engine got boring and doesn't fit well even after hype up lack of any major changes to universe ( why im always getting elimination tag match ) only even ladder matches improvement wasn't that big

like i said small improvement to get people to buy the game but no major addtions or fixing to make improvements

i'm gonna stop you right there. THQ never asked for more time. EVER.

you straight up proved you are a troll.

and you say there are no improvements

Stamina, Weight Detection, DLC, Universe, Gameplay, Roll out feature, i can go on and on all are a part of the term IMPROVEMENTS.

I'm tapping out, if I try to argue with this guy anymore today i'm going to have to start reaching for the ibuprofen. Good luck if you keep going armond.

not really career mode still crap promo engine got boring and doesn't fit well even after hype up lack of any major changes to universe ( why im always getting elimination tag match ) only even ladder matches improvement wasn't that big

like i said small improvement to get people to buy the game but no major addtions or fixing to make improvements

please go back to school and learn the definition of improvements.

Improvement: a thing that makes something better or is better than something else

I'm tapping out, if I try to argue with this guy anymore today i'm going to have to start reaching for the ibuprofen. Good luck if you keep going armond.

no i'm done too. I don't need anymore grey hairs to form and if i deal with this any longer i'm gonna have to reach for the Motrin.

This just goes past the level of stupidity so yeah i'm done lol

i'm gonna stop you right there. THQ never asked for more time. EVER.

you straight up proved you are a troll.

and you say there are no improvements

Stamina, Weight Detection, DLC, Universe, Gameplay, Roll out feature, i can go on and on all are a part of the term IMPROVEMENTS.

yeah they did they even said in interviews

i said major improvements dlc stamina weight detection was already in the game and didnt really get any improvements roll out was a small addition

I'll just say what I said during the last debate on this subject...

To me, the THQ games were always one step forward, and three steps back. They would consistently recycle all of the broken stuff, add one or two new things, some new roster members...and call it a day. 2K has never done that. 2K may have started off rather weak in their presentation of the series, but it was because they were working with old content. Also, let's address that Yukes has been making all of the games anyway. But...in terms of THQ vs 2K...2K has done awesome things with sorting out the broken parts of the game and adding valuable new content. If they removed something that used to be in, it has been because it was broken and needs to be fixed.

I have every reason to believe that 2K will continue to re-introduce some of the things that they had to remove...and I have easily played 2K17 longer than I have any of the THQ games. The replay value is fantastic on the current game, because of how well the create modes have been delivered. I have endless possibilities for how to play this game. If other people are bored with the game, or don't think it matches up with games of the past...I don't know how they've arrived at that point. The series is headed in the right direction to me. I have no complaints...only high hopes for the future. Sometimes you need to scrap broken things to fix them. It's a fact. And it's better than pretending that they aren't broken and just keeping them in. I just see 2K as the company that threw a bunch of broken bits out, polished up what was left...and now they're working on adding new parts to improve on everything.

To me, the THQ games were always one step forward, and three steps back. They would consistently recycle all of the broken stuff, add one or two new things, some new roster members...and call it a day. 2K has never done that. 2K may have started off rather weak in their presentation of the series, but it was because they were working with old content. Also, let's address that Yukes has been making all of the games anyway. But...in terms of THQ vs 2K...2K has done awesome things with sorting out the broken parts of the game and adding valuable new content. If they removed something that used to be in, it has been because it was broken and needs to be fixed.

I have every reason to believe that 2K will continue to re-introduce some of the things that they had to remove...and I have easily played 2K17 longer than I have any of the THQ games. The replay value is fantastic on the current game, because of how well the create modes have been delivered. I have endless possibilities for how to play this game. If other people are bored with the game, or don't think it matches up with games of the past...I don't know how they've arrived at that point. The series is headed in the right direction to me. I have no complaints...only high hopes for the future. Sometimes you need to scrap broken things to fix them. It's a fact. And it's better than pretending that they aren't broken and just keeping them in. I just see 2K as the company that threw a bunch of broken bits out, polished up what was left...and now they're working on adding new parts to improve on everything.

amen bro... amen

i applaud you

totally agree with you. i may not get 2k18 on day one but i will eventually get it. and i mean i still play 2k16 and 2k17 now lol

Just strictly off gameplay? 2K. But, after getting the Platinum trophy in 2K16 and logging about 50+ hours in Career mode. The franchise as a whole is pretty much dead to me.

Nailed it, aside from saying "removed" rather than needing to build it into the new gen engine.

Nailed it, aside from saying "removed" rather than needing to build it into the new gen engine.

well if 2k were to get rid of Yukes they wouldn't be rebuilding anything since the engine in question is owned by yukes

I prefer the arcade style back in the day but ehh 2K makes good efforts to change things for the better. But they can't make a proper Career Mode to save their lives. The career mode or season mode seemed more fun back in the day. Not sure why but just more fun. Also the simulation style we've had the past decade now is kind of boring afterwhile. It's slow and dull. There's a reason I still go back to HCTP and SYM, the gameplay was so fast paced. If we could have that plus a deeper engine for the people who still prefer simulation it would be awesome. But overall THQ prime>2K>THQ 2008-2014.

I prefer the arcade style back in the day but ehh 2K makes good efforts to change things for the better. But they can't make a proper Career Mode to save their lives. The career mode or season mode seemed more fun back in the day. Not sure why but just more fun. Also the simulation style we've had the past decade now is kind of boring afterwhile. It's slow and dull. There's a reason I still go back to HCTP and SYM, the gameplay was so fast paced. If we could have that plus a deeper engine for the people who still prefer simulation it would be awesome. But overall THQ prime>2K>THQ 2008-2014.

there was no simulation style prior to 2k15

If you go back and play some of the older games, I think you'll see that the basic game today (2K17) is just smoother and has so many options to customize your experience; it's sort of like asking which was the better computer: the Commodore 64 vs a current laptop; the technology isn't the same.

That said, I think the frustration many feel is that the game is so close, yet every year it is released with obvious flaws and programming errors that should have been caught and corrected early in the development process. Given that the common thread with both THQ and 2K is Yukes, it seems (in my opinion) that Yukes is delivering a substandard product to 2K. I have absolutely no personal insight into how the companies are run and their relationships, but it seems that the problem is a lack of oversight and direction on all three levels: Yukes should have a project manager that makes sure the company delivers the best possible product, and communicates with his counterpart at 2K; while 2K cannot escape blame because the 2K product manager should stand up and say "Hold everything" when Yukes delivers a build that has these obvious errors. Finally, if the WWE would assign someone with some video game experience as a liaison to make sure the game doesn't include obvious mistakes like the option for a 5 minute Iron Man match, that would help.

If you review what each partner has done, the WWE has been more flexible in the past few years than I would have ever expected, allowing for WWE character to be customizable as to gear. They provide advertising / promotional support for the game as well as I suspect, arranging for wrestlers to do the motion capture. Unfortunately, it appears that they also need to supply additional oversight into how the gameplay is coded.

2K appears to be more flexible and has added back features to the game; it almost appears like they have gone back and looked at older versions and are trying to pick out features that were popular and update them. I assume that 2K is handling the motion capture, since I seem to remember that THQ had built a new facility that was part of the package 2K purchased.

That leaves us with Yukes. Apparently, in my opinion, the programers / product designers Yukes is currently using aren't the best in the industry. Again, I have no detailed experience with the gaming industry; I started with the game with the SvR 2011 version and went back and picked up earlier versions cheaply for 2007-2010. One thing I noticed was that there was another partner on the team at that time: Jakks Pacific. It leads me to wonder if they weren't the "brains" behind the game design. Don't know if they were bought out or what, if anyone knows the story I'd be interested to learn what their role was. At this point in time, the Yukes programmers seem to be incapable of coding in some of the basic things that worked in previous editions of the game, like the different match types. Maybe they have an iron-clad contract for the development of the game, but in my opinion, Yukes is the core of the issue.

The next gen 2K WWE games sort of compare to the auto manufacturer who has come out with a new model that incorporates the latest technology: the body design has won awards, the interior has multiple options with state of the art technology, and the engine is time-tested and each year is improved even more. Unfortunately the supplier of their drivetrain components delivers a faulty product each year, and each year, the company has multiple recalls and gets crushed because although 80% of the people working on the project do a great job, that 20% who don't destroys the product.

2K... given the choices available, it's an easy decision.

Are they perfect? No.

But they've done more for this franchise in the past two+ years than what I ever remember seeing from THQ... who knows, in another two+ years, we might actually have a close-to-perfect wrasslin' game.

partner on the team at that time: Jakks Pacific. It leads me to wonder if they weren't the "brains" behind the game design. Don't know if they were bought out or what, if anyone knows the story I'd be interested to learn what their role was. At this point in time, the Yukes programmers seem to be incapable of coding in some of the basic things that worked in previous editions of the game, like the different match types. Maybe they have an iron-clad contract for the development of the game, but in my opinion, Yukes is the core of the issue.

I think Jakks Pacific were simply the licence holders for WWE merchandise, they used to produce all the cards and action figures etc before Mattel took over. I suppose it's possible they supplied scanning information from the figure making process to THQ.

partner on the team at that time: Jakks Pacific. It leads me to wonder if they weren't the "brains" behind the game design. Don't know if they were bought out or what, if anyone knows the story I'd be interested to learn what their role was. At this point in time, the Yukes programmers seem to be incapable of coding in some of the basic things that worked in previous editions of the game, like the different match types. Maybe they have an iron-clad contract for the development of the game, but in my opinion, Yukes is the core of the issue.

I think Jakks Pacific were simply the licence holders for WWE merchandise, they used to produce all the cards and action figures etc before Mattel took over. I suppose it's possible they supplied scanning information from the figure making process to THQ.

well i don't know. in SD 2, SYM and HCTP Jakk's was shown as creditors when the game loads up. then they sued THQ for something i forget what. that's when Yuke's Future Media Creators (they're still future media creators which is funny) took over.

If you go back and play some of the older games, I think you'll see that the basic game today (2K17) is just smoother and has so many options to customize your experience; it's sort of like asking which was the better computer: the Commodore 64 vs a current laptop; the technology isn't the same.

That said, I think the frustration many feel is that the game is so close, yet every year it is released with obvious flaws and programming errors that should have been caught and corrected early in the development process. Given that the common thread with both THQ and 2K is Yukes, it seems (in my opinion) that Yukes is delivering a substandard product to 2K. I have absolutely no personal insight into how the companies are run and their relationships, but it seems that the problem is a lack of oversight and direction on all three levels: Yukes should have a project manager that makes sure the company delivers the best possible product, and communicates with his counterpart at 2K; while 2K cannot escape blame because the 2K product manager should stand up and say "Hold everything" when Yukes delivers a build that has these obvious errors. Finally, if the WWE would assign someone with some video game experience as a liaison to make sure the game doesn't include obvious mistakes like the option for a 5 minute Iron Man match, that would help.

If you review what each partner has done, the WWE has been more flexible in the past few years than I would have ever expected, allowing for WWE character to be customizable as to gear. They provide advertising / promotional support for the game as well as I suspect, arranging for wrestlers to do the motion capture. Unfortunately, it appears that they also need to supply additional oversight into how the gameplay is coded.

2K appears to be more flexible and has added back features to the game; it almost appears like they have gone back and looked at older versions and are trying to pick out features that were popular and update them. I assume that 2K is handling the motion capture, since I seem to remember that THQ had built a new facility that was part of the package 2K purchased.

That leaves us with Yukes. Apparently, in my opinion, the programers / product designers Yukes is currently using aren't the best in the industry. Again, I have no detailed experience with the gaming industry; I started with the game with the SvR 2011 version and went back and picked up earlier versions cheaply for 2007-2010. One thing I noticed was that there was another partner on the team at that time: Jakks Pacific. It leads me to wonder if they weren't the "brains" behind the game design. Don't know if they were bought out or what, if anyone knows the story I'd be interested to learn what their role was. At this point in time, the Yukes programmers seem to be incapable of coding in some of the basic things that worked in previous editions of the game, like the different match types. Maybe they have an iron-clad contract for the development of the game, but in my opinion, Yukes is the core of the issue.

The next gen 2K WWE games sort of compare to the auto manufacturer who has come out with a new model that incorporates the latest technology: the body design has won awards, the interior has multiple options with state of the art technology, and the engine is time-tested and each year is improved even more. Unfortunately the supplier of their drivetrain components delivers a faulty product each year, and each year, the company has multiple recalls and gets crushed because although 80% of the people working on the project do a great job, that 20% who don't destroys the product.

yeah Visual Concepts does the mo cap

I agree with him, the game play still feels the same as always and very little has been added. Creation features added are just returned from previous games, other than the image import

*Wonders if Muur expected different results for this poll*

I thought it would be more even but did expect 2K to win

I agree with him, the game play still feels the same as always and very little has been added. Creation features added are just returned from previous games, other than the image import

*Wonders if Muur expected different results for this poll*

I thought it would be more even but did expect 2K to win

They didn't "add" things that was in previous games, those games were not theirs. What they did do however was delete a hell of a lot of coding to make modes more stable.

Very little has been added to gameplay? You're talking out your ass now.

They didn't "add" things that was in previous games, those games were not theirs. What they did do however was delete a hell of a lot of coding to make modes more stable.

Very little has been added to gameplay? You're talking out your ass now.

It's still the same series, hence stuff in older games returning is just a returning feature not a new feature. plus... Yukes, they're really the ones who have been making these games for 20 years

and okay, what new has been added since 2K has took over gameplay wise?

Archived