THQ games vs 2K games

Muur

THQ vs 2K  

75 members have voted

1. 1. THQ vs 2K

• THQ

Other than the two count which they eventually admitted was a thing that's just minor shit

Plus you do have the freedom to do shit as ref you'll just get punished if you go too far. You have freedom to kill dudes in GTA but you'll eventually get killed by cops

How on earth was the move situation minor? Yukes stripped back one of the most important parts of wrestler creation and THQ decided that the best action was to lie to their customers about it.

They removed those moves as they were LQ and replaced them, only hardcore people got mad most people didn't give a shit

... No. No they didn't. It took them 3 years to replace over half of the moves removed and most of the moves were not low quality in the slightest at the time, and in fact hacking showed most of them worked just fine. Don't try to pull that "only hardcore people care" shite.

Still feel alot of the moves they kept were even lower quality than a bunch of good animations that they scratched. And that excuse didn't stop them from taking many of the older animations and tweaking them. I mean, we still have an FU/AA from Shut Your Mouth I'm pretty sure. I could never accept their explanation as truth

yeah. let's keep the AA/FU from SYM but get rid of the awesome People's Elbow we used to have LOL

or the SCM with pin. well actually the one they added for ziggler isn't bad it just needs a nonchalant falling pin option

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. let's keep the AA/FU from SYM but get rid of the awesome People's Elbow we used to have LOL

or the SCM with pin. well actually the one they added for ziggler isn't bad it just needs a nonchalant falling pin option

Some of those computer animated moves just looked so much more beautiful than many of the mocapped ones. At the very least there was a legitimate reason for the People's Elbow. When they eliminated the canned running moves and made them all interruptible, making the run animations universal/generic, it rendered the old Elbow [obsolete]. Pretty sure you can blame Predator Tech for that one.

At the same time, the People's Elbow in the earlier games was one of the few moves that could be interrupted. If they reintroduce running style/animation to Create a Moveset, alot of those moves would flow so much better. Dunno if they could've tacked on the old Elbow Drop portion onto the new generic run animation but I'd guess it'd be more trouble than its worth

Some of those computer animated moves just looked so much more beautiful than many of the mocapped ones. At the very least there was a legitimate reason for the People's Elbow. When they eliminated the canned running moves and made them all interruptible, making the run animations universal/generic, it rendered the old Elbow [obsolete]. Pretty sure you can blame Predator Tech for that one.

At the same time, the People's Elbow in the earlier games was one of the few moves that could be interrupted. If they reintroduce running style/animation to Create a Moveset, alot of those moves would flow so much better. Dunno if they could've tacked on the old Elbow Drop portion onto the new generic run animation but I'd guess it'd be more trouble than its worth

i didn't know it could be interrupted lol

i knew it could in no mercy and WM2000

that's coo though.

i always wanted to do that sequence where HBK Superkicked the rock when he was in mid-run for the people's elbow on triple h on that first smackdown lol

that's coo though.

i always wanted to do that sequence where HBK Superkicked the rock when he was in mid-run for the people's elbow on triple h on that first smackdown lol

My memory could be a bit fuzzy but yeah, I'm pretty sure it was interruptable. I know for a fact that you could just lift the victim off the mat (in a Triple Threat or something) and the animation would stop but, if I'm not mistaken, you could standing strike them out of the run. A bunch of people wanted to do that HBK spot and ended up disappointed. That was back when finishers were "Groggy-State-Only" and there were no running SCM/Superkicks, not to mention those strikes sorely lacked proper hit detection so I'm not sure how close you could get to the recreation. Most of the time you did a running strike and the opponent would just turn around dazed for a split second instead of going down.

that's coo though.

My memory could be a bit fuzzy but yeah, I'm pretty sure it was interruptable. I know for a fact that you could just lift the victim off the mat (in a Triple Threat or something) and the animation would stop but, if I'm not mistaken, you could standing strike them out of the run. A bunch of people wanted to do that HBK spot and ended up disappointed. That was back when finishers were "Groggy-State-Only" and there were no running SCM/Superkicks, not to mention those strikes sorely lacked proper hit detection so I'm not sure how close you could get to the recreation. Most of the time you did a running strike and the opponent would just turn around dazed for a split second instead of going down.

yeah i was just playing SYM just to look at some moves that aren't around anymore and noticed alot of those running strikes had real bad hit detection or lack thereof.. yeah i hated the groggy MK finish him/her state that the games used to go off of LOL

one thing i do miss is that People's Elbow that was in SYM. it was perfect. that and the powerbombs that were in

I miss HCTP having every single move Keiji Muto/The Great Muta did in his particular style. There were something like five or six Shining Wizards from different positions, the handspring elbow and a variety of regular and knee targeted dropkicks that all looked perfect. All his taunts too. I miss the puro moves in general and we have never got back the Tiger Driver 91 since it's removal.

Archived