THQ games vs 2K games

Muur

THQ vs 2K  

75 members have voted

1. 1. THQ vs 2K

• THQ

They didn't "add" things that was in previous games, those games were not theirs. What they did do however was delete a hell of a lot of coding to make modes more stable.

Very little has been added to gameplay? You're talking out your ass now.

It's still the same series, hence stuff in older games returning is just a returning feature not a new feature. plus... Yukes, they're really the ones who have been making these games for 20 years

and okay, what new has been added since 2K has took over gameplay wise?

2k has declared many times those old games isn't a part of the series. It's not theres and it's a new franchise. If you don't know what has been added gameplay wise, you haven't played the damn game, seriously.

Oh and btw, I'm not speaking on old gen. That shits the same, if not worse.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't "add" things that was in previous games, those games were not theirs. What they did do however was delete a hell of a lot of coding to make modes more stable.

It's still the same series, hence stuff in older games returning is just a returning feature not a new feature. plus... Yukes, they're really the ones who have been making these games for 20 years

2k has declared many times those old games isn't a part of the series. It's not theres and it's a new franchise. If you don't know what has been added gameplay wise, you haven't played the damn game, seriously.

have fun in that endless debate. i tried playing mediator and it gave me a headached. GMP and I have called it quits.

But you are 100% correct.

when they said that They were building a foundation with 2k15 which was the reason none of that stuff was ported from 2k14 to 2k15 they meant it. I do miss the match creator, the inferno, special ref, i quit and Championship Scramble matches, but 2k17 not talking about glitches here is the best the wwe game has ever been to date imho.

rollout feature

ladder bridge powerbomb

using skills instead of every superstar having the same omg moves to be spammed

tired finishers

one armed pins

new submission system

3 man commentary

that's just a few

You guys acting like 2K came in and overhauled the whole damn game engine. It's practically the same game we've had when THQ had it with updated submission systems and some nice reversal animations and overall selling mannerisms. Don't act like it's this completely 1000% overhaul. Have they done good? Absolutely. But I still don't personally feel it's their fault either. I have and will always remain in my opinion that Yukes is behind the faults we had at the end of THQ. Yes Cory and crew were bustards but still Yukes developed the game in another freaking country. How many conferences calls and visits until you actually get things right with certain features in the game? Again I'm not bashing 2K b cause I loved HCTP. I'm able to realize we had to change with the times. I'm still a loyal wrestling game guy. Hell I brought 2008, and still defend it...wait no I don't but still! Lol my main gripe is the Career Mode being boring and dull. There's no actual story or ending. I mean Season Mode back in the day is overrated so I'll give people that. But SYM and HCTP had actual storylines and it was fun going to different offices demanding title shots. I really would love that back in man. Going into l The Authority's office and demanding a title shot and having the action to hit Triple H and start a rivalry instantly with him or something. I just want a better Career Mode and I want Create A Finisher back. Wow this was a completely ramble. Ok sorry but yeah.

You guys acting like 2K came in and overhauled the whole damn game engine. It's practically the same game we've had when THQ had it with updated submission systems and some nice reversal animations and overall selling mannerisms. Don't act like it's this completely 1000% overhaul. Have they done good? Absolutely. But I still don't personally feel it's their fault either. I have and will always remain in my opinion that Yukes is behind the faults we had at the end of THQ. Yes Cory and crew were bustards but still Yukes developed the game in another freaking country. How many conferences calls and visits until you actually get things right with certain features in the game? Again I'm not bashing 2K b cause I loved HCTP. I'm able to realize we had to change with the times. I'm still a loyal wrestling game guy. Hell I brought 2008, and still defend it...wait no I don't but still! Lol my main gripe is the Career Mode being boring and dull. There's no actual story or ending. I mean Season Mode back in the day is overrated so I'll give people that. But SYM and HCTP had actual storylines and it was fun going to different offices demanding title shots. I really would love that back in man. Going into l The Authority's office and demanding a title shot and having the action to hit Triple H and start a rivalry instantly with him or something. I just want a better Career Mode and I want Create A Finisher back. Wow this was a completely ramble. Ok sorry but yeah.

couple things.

Yukes does not run on their own. the publisher tells them what to implement and they come up with ideas for the title.

Universe, Create an Arena, Finisher, Championship, all that were ideas from Bryan Williams no one else.

Roll out feature Ladder bridge power bomb catching finishers again all ideas pitched by THQ and 2K's teams.

the only thing that Yukes as a whole is responsible is the engine. that's it. VC does mocapping, as well as the majority of gameplay changes. they are just keeping Yukes on because of the engine.

if you like HCTP so much go back and play that.

THQ was not at any point better than 2k at all.

THQ constantly removed stuff for no reason and never bothered replacing the stuff they removed.

Yeah 2K does remove stuff but it's usually to replace said things removed. and before you mentioned the match types and entrances removed form 2k14 to 2k15 they weren't removed cause they weren't in the game to begin with. 2K15 was a brand new series.

think of it of the THQ series as now not being canon. the 2K15 onward series is canon.

2K14 was a THQ product.

I hate when all people can do is say is go play that again if you like it so much. I have a PS2 and I still do frequently. But I'm also going to express what I want as a consumer. If you don't like that then good for you. I'm not going to keep debating or defending my views. Thanks.

I hate when all people can do is say is go play that again if you like it so much. I have a PS2 and I still do frequently. But I'm also going to express what I want as a consumer. If you don't like that then good for you. I'm not going to keep debating or defending my views. Thanks.

so basically all you've said is you want an over the top arcade game. that's what i'm seeing here. no thank you. and i think i speak for the majority of the WWEGames Community (Here, Smacktalks, WLF, 2K) when i say we don't want some redundant arcade game we want a Sim style game with results.

Let me guess you only play online. i'd bet anything on that. or you only play the game for 2-3 weeks, something you don't like pisses you off and you never pick up the game again.

yeah. uh huh.

Seems like the jury is still out on that one.

and before you say anything else.

I own a B/C ps3. i own every WWE Game from SD1 - 2k17 and yes i do play SYM and HCTP alot but i'm sick and tired of those games being put on a pedestal.

People keep talking about how the games should be focused on the current product but then when they start bringing up stuff like SYM and HCTP clearly contradicts that. i've had it with that notion.

I played 100 hours of both 16 and 17. 15 I played last gen admittedly

The games don't play differently enough compared to each other and none of the new features are amazing enough to change it. Even more so when they were on old versions of the game

Also they may say they're not the same franchise but they also say they're a franchise that has been going 20 years

have fun in that endless debate. i tried playing mediator and it gave me a headached. GMP and I have called it quits.

when they said that They were building a foundation with 2k15 which was the reason none of that stuff was ported from 2k14 to 2k15 they meant it. I do miss the match creator, the inferno, special ref, i quit and Championship Scramble matches, but 2k17 not talking about glitches here is the best the wwe game has ever been to date imho.

rollout feature

ladder bridge powerbomb

tired finishers

one armed pins

new submission system

3 man commentary

that's just a few

Rollout feature pisses me off tbh

Yay a powerbomb

The skills were just the same as abilities lmao

The submission system was shit and I went back to the button in the options when they let us on 17

3 man commentary has been there before

nothing there what you said effects actual gameplay really...

I own a B/C ps3. i own every WWE Game from SD1 - 2k17 and yes i do play SYM and HCTP alot but i'm sick and tired of those games being put on a pedestal.

People keep talking about how the games should be focused on the current product but then when they start bringing up stuff like SYM and HCTP clearly contradicts that. i've had it with that notion.

wait so, you're not even on PS4? you're playing last gen? last gen is just the THQ version with a different roster

Also... saying you want current but prefer the older games doesn't mean you instantly prefer the roster. That doesn't even make sense mate. Like I said in the OP, roster doesn't count. If someone said "2k17 is the best game ever cuz Styles", it doesn't count

I played 100 hours of both 16 and 17. 15 I played last gen admittedly

The games don't play differently enough compared to each other and none of the new features are amazing enough to change it. Even more so when they were on old versions of the game

Also they may say they're not the same franchise but they also say they're a franchise that has been going 20 years

rollout feature

ladder bridge powerbomb

tired finishers

one armed pins

new submission system

3 man commentary

that's just a few

Rollout feature pisses me off tbh

Yay a powerbomb

The skills were just the same as abilities lmao

The submission system was shit and I went back to the button in the options when they let us on 17

3 man commentary has been there before

nothing there what you said effects actual gameplay really...

there was never 3 man commentary. it's new features whether you like to accept it or not. I'm done.

and is it our fault that you want a complete clusterf^ck in multiman matches?

we can't help it you suck at triple fatal 4 way and 6 man matches.

it was needed so you have a better opportunity at winning. before it would always end up being a 2 on 1 situation.

it was needed so you have a better opportunity at winning. before it would always end up being a 2 on 1 situation.

I don't lol. Rolling out is what makes it harder to win cuz then you're dead on the floor as some other guy pins. I just beat up both dudes equally, then do a sig on one guy, throw him out, do the finisher and then pin the other guy. WWE games aren't hard, it seems to be you that isn't very good since you mentioned you lost nearly every time against the CPU on 2009 in the WWE division

If they're trying to 2v1 you, just run outside the ring and they'll target each other. Heck, I win more 3v1 tornado than I lose. Honestly, i'm REALLY good at WWE games. Back in the day when I played online, there were feds on here and I was the WHC with only one loss with a record like 30-1. And since it was feds, no I was not a spammer like you find online. We banned players like that. I know timings for reversals exactly and all that lame shit.

I almost never lose

Also, JBL never really talks, it barely qualifies as three man

Pretty sure that's not what I said at all. I basically said I preferred the arcade style/fast paced gameplay over the slower simulation style. In reality I would embrace a sort of hybrid. But ehh we like what we like. I'm still going to buy 2K18. 2K17 was by no means horrible. I just expected a better Career Mode.

I don't lol. Rolling out is what makes it harder to win cuz then you're dead on the floor as some other guy pins. I just beat up both dudes equally, then do a sig on one guy, throw him out, do the finisher and then pin the other guy. WWE games aren't hard, it seems to be you that isn't very good since you mentioned you lost nearly every time against the CPU on 2009 in the WWE division

If they're trying to 2v1 you, just run outside the ring and they'll target each other. Heck, I win more 3v1 tornado than I lose. Honestly, i'm REALLY good at WWE games. Back in the day when I played online, there were feds on here and I was the WHC with only one loss with a record like 30-1. And since it was feds, no I was not a spammer like you find online. We banned players like that. I know timings for reversals exactly and all that lame shit.

I almost never lose

why would i run outside. you're finding every excuse in the book to justify your claims.

Pretty sure that's not what I said at all. I basically said I preferred the arcade style/fast paced gameplay over the slower simulation style. In reality I would embrace a sort of hybrid. But ehh we like what we like. I'm still going to buy 2K18. 2K17 was by no means horrible. I just expected a better Career Mode.

we all expected a better career mode. i think that if 2k were to do somewhat of an all stars series that's more along the lines of the 2k14 engine with all the improvements that would make alot of people happy that want the sim/arcade hybrid. or if they were to somehow be able to implement an "arcade Style" option.

IDK that's the only 2 things i can think of.

sorry for going so gung ho on you i just really love the current game series and think they can really deliver if they focus more on the issues at hand.

I almost never lose

why would i run outside. you're finding every excuse in the book to justify your claims.

so they target each other?

do wrestlers not go outside the ring irl?

...wait they do

I almost never lose

so they target each other?

do wrestlers not go outside the ring irl?

...wait they do

and it's about as cheap as spamming running grapples. are you gonna say you do that as well? if you are then i have nothing else to say to you.

I almost never lose

we all expected a better career mode. i think that if 2k were to do somewhat of an all stars series that's more along the lines of the 2k14 engine with all the improvements that would make alot of people happy that want the sim/arcade hybrid. or if they were to somehow be able to implement an "arcade Style" option.

IDK that's the only 2 things i can think of.

sorry for going so gung ho on you i just really love the current game series and think they can really deliver if they focus more on the issues at hand.

It's cool man. I understand we all basically want the best game we can possibly get. I will say that they're going to have to drop last gen in order to fully give us the game they want possibly?

and it's about as cheap as spamming running grapples. are you gonna say you do that as well? if you are then i have nothing else to say to you.

No, I don't. I already said that. When I actually played the games online, I played in Caws feds that had running spam banned. And I was the WHC.

Anyway I can't be *censored*ed any more, what's the point talking to someone about a game who thinks it has no flaws? I still enjoy the WWE games, I just think the THQ ones were more enjoyable. You seem to be a fan boy, who will never say any aspect of the game is bad.

Also you seem to still be on last gen? what you're playing is still a THQ game.

No, I don't. I already said that. When I actually played the games online, I played in Caws feds that had running spam banned. And I was the WHC.

Anyway I can't be *censored*ed any more, what's the point talking to someone about a game who thinks it has no flaws? I still enjoy the WWE games, I just think the THQ ones were more enjoyable. You seem to be a fan boy, who will never say any aspect of the game is bad.

Also you seem to still be on last gen? what you're playing is still a THQ game.

umm dude if you looked at any of my videos you'd know i am not on last gen. i am on ps4. And i never said the current series had no flaws. you keep trying to attack me and others. you don't get your way in one thread you go and make another.

then when your poll doesn't turn out the way you wanted it you throw a tantrum.

you tell me i'm playing on last gen you don't know anything about me. maybe you should do some research before assuming stuff.

I was a community leader. i know more stuff about the past present and future development of these games than you could ever hope to have.

You just keep making excuse over excuse. Last gen don't make me laugh.

the only last gen games i play are games that aren't available on ps4.

Maybe you should just go back to playing your FIFA cause clearly that seems to be the only series you really care about anyway.

It's cool man. I understand we all basically want the best game we can possibly get. I will say that they're going to have to drop last gen in order to fully give us the game they want possibly?

yeah atleast you didn't accuse me of being on last gen like the creator of this thread did lol

and yeah only problem with them dropping last gen is that now that nintendo threw out their new trash system of the month, we'll probably be stuck with 2k games on that system LOL

yeah i just want a good game. like i said there could definitely be a compromise. and i understand wanting the fast pace. sometimes i feel the need for it but then when i go back and play games like SYM and HCTP and realize how much of a cumbersome thing it was for multiman matches i digress on it lol

2k14 i think was probably the best hybrid arcade/sim style hybrid game. i just hated the strikes were way too fast

I own a B/C ps3. i own every WWE Game from SD1 - 2k17

I was going by what you said

okay i'll reiterate.

i won a b/c ps3 i own SD1 - 2k14 on PS3. i own 2k15 -2k17 on PS4

didn't know i had to be that specific. i've spent i don't know how many post saying that i know what works and what doesn't work in universe mode.

i wouldn't be talking about career mode with you if i was on ps3.

Maybe you should just go back to playing your FIFA cause clearly that seems to be the only series you really care about anyway.

It's interesting you say that because my game time is listed as follows-

WWE 17 - 83 hours

FIFA 17 - 45 hours

WWE 16 - 110 hours

FIFA 16 - 50 hours

FIFA and WWE have the same problem in that they've both become stale and barely change much with each release. I enjoy both franchises... but they're both stale

WWE 16 is my highest played Xbox One game.

HCTP, All Stars, SvR 06, SYM were all more fun to me than what 2K has done up to this point. I enjoyed arcade style gameplay better.

then you can have that.

why so you can jump off a damn helicopter or tron?

yeah no thanks.

my advice to you is to ask 2k to make an arcade based game

It's interesting you say that because my game time is listed as follows-

WWE 17 - 83 hours

FIFA 17 - 45 hours

WWE 16 - 110 hours

FIFA 16 - 50 hours

FIFA and WWE have the same problem in that they've both become stale and barely change much with each release. I enjoy both franchises... but they're both stale

WWE 16 is my highest played Xbox One game.

i was mostly joking cause you put FIFA in high regard. I didn't expect you to be documenting your playtime unless that's something x1 does cause you surely can't do that on ps4 as far as i know lol

i was mostly joking cause you put FIFA in high regard. I didn't expect you to be documenting your playtime unless that's something x1 does cause you surely can't do that on ps4 as far as i know lol

It's an Xbox One feature. It also tracks stuff like how many wins you have, how many fans in career or in other games - how many goals you've scored in FIFA and shit like that. Xbox also tracks achievements. Say you need 50 wins in universe, Universe will track it for you and be like "you have 32 of the 50 you need"

It's an Xbox One feature. It also tracks stuff like how many wins you have, how many fans in career or in other games - how many goals you've scored in FIFA and shit like that. Xbox also tracks achievements. Say you need 50 wins in universe, Universe will track it for you and be like "you have 32 of the 50 you need"

oh okay that explains how one of my friends new how many hours another friend of ours on x1 played lol

that's a cool feature.

i know i've seen the % tracking for trophies on ps4. like in GTA V where you have to explore all of los santos or san andreas (i forget which one) i've only explored like 75% and it actually says that. but yeah that wins tracking is cool. if only we had something like that when we were trying to get the man of 1004 holds achievement in SVR11 lol

oh okay that explains how one of my friends new how many hours another friend of ours on x1 played lol

that's a cool feature.

i know i've seen the % tracking for trophies on ps4. like in GTA V where you have to explore all of los santos or san andreas (i forget which one) i've only explored like 75% and it actually says that. but yeah that wins tracking is cool. if only we had something like that when we were trying to get the man of 1004 holds achievement in SVR11 lol

I guess GTA has its own internal system for that game. Xbox itself tracks them for you regardless of game (well, not some games but like 80%)

and *Censored* that 1004 finishers one, it's the only one I'm missing on 2011. That achievement is glitched (on the Xbox side at least) and they all have to be done in one match

Archived