Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

TIL Goldust (as Dustin) used the nickname 'American Nightmare' on WCW.

Yes, also Stardust was the name of a plane Dusty used to travel in frequently and he had it written on a pair of trunks as well.

And it's true.

PC kings on here like Mike who won't even play GTA (sorry man, have to bug you about that) on here could bash them all they want but they still get the job done lol.

And while I don't usually find them entertaining myself, Mahal's carpet stuff is amazing.

And it's true.

PC kings on here like Mike who won't even play GTA (sorry man, have to bug you about that) on here could bash them all they want but they still get the job done lol.

And while I don't usually find them entertaining myself, Mahal's carpet stuff is amazing.

Lmao, what?

TIL (not really today but does it matter?) that the original Sin Cara (Mistico/Caristico) won the WON Best Box Office Draw of the last Decade (2000-2009). I knew he was a big star in Mexico but, damn, that's really impressive, especially considering he was only 27 in 2009!

And it's true.

I'm not saying that in a PC "GTA is evil" way, I just have lost my interest in playing it in the way I used to. Again I'm not blessed with great oratory skills, so perhaps I phrased it wrong, I'm sure the time will come when I do find myself enjoying it again (probably when 6 hits) I also said that I wouldn't be surprised if there was significant backlash to the next one - because certain quarters have been gunning for Rockstar for years.

As for the xenophobic characters and stories - I'm just pretty bored with the formula, I think it's lazy booking. I think it's also time that they realised what works for the US audience isn't necessarily what works for the rest of the world.

And it's true.

I'm not saying that in a PC "GTA is evil" way, I just have lost my interest in playing it in the way I used to. Again I'm not blessed with great oratory skills, so perhaps I phrased it wrong, I'm sure the time will come when I do find myself enjoying it again (probably when 6 hits) I also said that I wouldn't be surprised if there was significant backlash to the next one - because certain quarters have been gunning for Rockstar for years.

As for the xenophobic characters and stories - I'm just pretty bored with the formula, I think it's lazy booking. I think it's also time that they realised what works for the US audience isn't necessarily what works for the rest of the world.

Except GTA V is one of the highest selling games of all time. Money talks, it clearly does work for the rest of the world. Being "american" isn't even a thing GTA identifies with.

Except GTA V is one of the highest selling games of all time. Money talks, it clearly does work for the rest of the world. Being "american" isn't even a thing GTA identifies with.

No I know, I was talking about the original point which was hating the racist, xenophobic angles WWE keeps trotting out. They can't book solely for the American audience if they want to appeal to the world in general. You think India's going to be happy when Cena crushes Mahal?

In the same way I'm sick of people being booked to lose just because they're foreign.

I don't think WWE is too concerned about rest of the world when they book shit like that. Though, do they show the foreigner/s as face in their home country? I know the Hart Foundation were heels, but they were faces in Canada and England. That sort of shit would work.

I'm more irked with the finishing moves though. For some reason, most foreigners have camel clutch as finishers.... I love Rusev, but his camel clutch is so goddamn annoying.

No I know, I was talking about the original point which was hating the racist, xenophobic angles WWE keeps trotting out. They can't book solely for the American audience if they want to appeal to the world in general. You think India's going to be happy when Cena crushes Mahal?

In the same way I'm sick of people being booked to lose just because they're foreign.

It still works though. That's why they do it.

If other countries were unhappy with seeing their home boys and girls lose then WWE would have no global audience. It clearly doesn't affect them that much.

TIL that women generally make more money than the men in NXT.

TIL that WWE wanting to book Lesnar to beat Austin on a TV match (which led to Austin leaving the company) was because Austin complained about creative. Never heard that side of the story before.

And TIL Okada helped the Young Bucks get to New Japan!

Archived