Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said he would have been ok with the job on PPV but not on free TV. Austin also said he handled the situation totally wrong since Vince did call him and try to hash things out and he ignored the calls. Said he would have never left if his head was on straight.

And didn't he complain because he wasn't being used as well as he was, feeling like he was thrown onto a backburner?

I believe he was booked to lose against Scott Hall at Wrestlemania, and complained. I also read that it was the reversal of that decision that drove Hall to fall off the wagon again. (I forget where I read it)

He absolutely had a point about Brock though, but even so - if WWE asks you to job, a professional will do the job. Austin did not handle it correctly in my view.

He absolutely did not handle it correctly, he'll be the first to admit it. Dunno if I can completely blame him for it, though, especially if the booking decision was due to pettiness.

Yeah, I would have had a bit more sympathy had I known that. I don't think he would have been out of order to go to Vince and say "I'm burned out, I need a bit of time off to chill and recharge" they could have come up with a big angle to explain it, guaranteeing him a big spot whenever he came back.

But hindsight is always 20:20.

TIL that women generally make more money than the men in NXT.

TIL that WWE wanting to book Lesnar to beat Austin on a TV match (which led to Austin leaving the company) was because Austin complained about creative. Never heard that side of the story before.

And TIL Okada helped the Young Bucks get to New Japan!

Austin at the time was going to be in an angle with Eddie. Flair and Benoit were also involved. It has been theorized that the angle would lead to a stable with Flair, Benoit, and Eddie.

Today I learned that Ric Flair used to weigh 310 pounds.

He was a huge fan of Dusty and due to his similar build initially was going to name himself "Rambling" Ricky Rhodes.

TIL that women generally make more money than the men in NXT.

TIL that WWE wanting to book Lesnar to beat Austin on a TV match (which led to Austin leaving the company) was because Austin complained about creative. Never heard that side of the story before.

And TIL Okada helped the Young Bucks get to New Japan!

Austin at the time was going to be in an angle with Eddie. Flair and Benoit were also involved. It has been theorized that the angle would lead to a stable with Flair, Benoit, and Eddie.

Today I learned that Ric Flair used to weigh 310 pounds.

He was a huge fan of Dusty and due to his similar build initially was going to name himself "Rambling" Ricky Rhodes.

And because he was weight training with Ken Patera in those days.

Which was ironically probably the best thing to happen to his career.

Anyone else remember that comically thin action figure Hasbro made of him in 93?

Archived