Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on day 4 of taking probiotics. And you know what? On day 1 (night actually), my acid reflux was completely eradicated. It's great stuff. I kinda wish I had thought of this months or years ago.

Being releaved of acid reflux is a blessing. I only need to take a capsule every few days and I have zero problems.

Maybe I should try those probiotics for my own acid reflux. Any suggestions? I only tried the Target brand probiotics once with no results, maybe more expensive stuff would help me out.

what medicines have you tried? I've been given omeprazole, I think, and it's done wonders. ANd it's helped my throat as well. I'm not sure if the name of the drug is omeprazole as well, but I think that's the ingredient.

I think...

I've used Omeprazole, nexium and Prilosec, the thing is from what I've heard those meds can lead to bone density loss and your body also becomes addicted or used to them so when you try to get off them your reflux may come back worse then before. Right now like I said 1 zantac in the morning and heavy weight lifting has helped me a lot, I would say my discomfort went down from a 9 at it's worse to maybe a 2 right now.

For reference, I use omeprazole as well. I got it on prescription so maybe you can over in the US, too?

We can. Doctor prescribed me so I wouldn't have to pay for over-the-counter.

I've used Omeprazole, nexium and Prilosec, the thing is from what I've heard those meds can lead to bone density loss and your body also becomes addicted or used to them so when you try to get off them your reflux may come back worse then before. Right now like I said 1 zantac in the morning and heavy weight lifting has helped me a lot, I would say my discomfort went down from a 9 at it's worse to maybe a 2 right now.

shit, that'd actually explain a lot. Is it permanent loss?

Had a pretty awesome day with my sister. First we went to a conservatory to look at various kinda of plants. After that we went and explored a forest-ish area and followed a somewhat off the beaten path (had to leave quickly due to mosquitoes). Next we went downtown to check out some street performers, though we left early as we weren't too into it. Then we went to the mall and I rode a rollercoaster for the first time, it was pretty awesome (3 loops)! Finally we finished off by playing some pool. This all took place in the span of 6-7 hours and was a pretty nice change from sitting home and not really doing anything.

For reference, I use omeprazole as well. I got it on prescription so maybe you can over in the US, too?

Not sure but I imagine once your bones shrink you can't get them thicker again. Also read about I believe it was liver problems or something with your thyroid as well as dry mouth. Read up on long term side effects to get a better answer. I did and it really scared me into going back to zantac which at least at this point isn't as bad as the other ones.

Not sure but I imagine once your bones shrink you can't get them thicker again. Also read about I believe it was liver problems or something with your thyroid as well as dry mouth. Read up on long term side effects to get a better answer. I did and it really scared me into going back to zantac which at least at this point isn't as bad as the other ones.

I did Google it, and it's scary. Apparently though if you take it for too long (said a year), then it'll affect you. Otherwise it shouldn't, not that badly anyway.

But yeah, two or so more weeks and I should be done with the prescription. Dunno why the doctor extended it to three more months, but apparently omeprazole can be addicting for the body, and stopping it can bring back acid reflux.

Jeez.

Found out today that I am petrified of the dentist. Was due to have my wisdom tooth out under local anaesthetic but I just got hot, sweating and shaking so they have rearranged for me to be put to sleep instead.

You'd rather be euthanized than have your tooth pulled out!

Found out today that I am petrified of the dentist. Was due to have my wisdom tooth out under local anaesthetic but I just got hot, sweating and shaking so they have rearranged for me to be put to sleep instead.

You'd rather be euthanized than have your tooth pulled out!

I'd rather be just unconscious but between death and having to be awake lying in the chair trying to keep still as they pull it out I'd choose death.

I once had 4, count them 4 molars pulled out in one sitting before I could get braces. I could hear this cracking sound in my mouth for every tooth extracted. Following morning I almost went into shock from realizing there were open wounds in my mouth. I also looked like a chipmunk.

I hate needles anyway from when I was 13 and had to go to hospital because they thought I had something wrong with me. So they needed to do a blood test but when they tested it my blood it had coagulated so 7 attempts latter in my hands and arms they finally tested it and found nothing.

Just typing that gives me a weird needle phantom pain in the inside of my elbow :argh:

I actually went to the hospital the other day to have an X-ray on my mouth. I've had a tooth trying to push through for several years now. Turns out I'm missing a bunch of them. Like they're there, but just never came through the gum properly. I lost all my baby teeth at a pretty young age.

Here's a pic for shits and giggles:

30bnr6f.jpg

Besides being a bit crooked from how they've grown, or not grown as the case may be, I've been told my teeth are really healthy.

The bs will happen when they decide they all want to start pushing through, but for now it's good to know what's been happening :lol:

Archived