DLC Discussion

Ernez

at this point...im starting to think WWE tells them no TNA moves. Because its always ROH/Lucha Underground/NJPW

What moves does TNA have that aren't already in the game?

And what qualifies as a TNA move?

Because Low-Ki's move is in, for example.

What does that even mean? Lol, no I don't watch Puro

That knee is one of the most over moves in pro wrestling today.

Pretty sure the only reason Last Chancery isn't in the game yet....is because Aries was in TNA for years.

He did mocap for the WWE games and voiceover work....but they don't put his moves in?

No Kenny King moves....no James Storm moves. Im sure we'll get them next year, now that they left TNA.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they should be in but they are bizzarely not, even though both men are in the game, I'd rather have Savage's hotshot than that stupid strong style corner kick/strike, I mean what the f*** is that move? I admit most of the moves look great but I could only assign a few to in game characters

Savage's hotshot was in 2011, it was removed in 2012. Coincidentally 2012 was the first year Savage was actually in the game!

They really need to do something about diving moves, they have never felt right in the Smackdown series, always too floaty and under powered looking.

even the new ones? there weren't a ton added this year but i feel like there's a noticeable improvement in new vs. old.

If there is anything I can look at n64 AKI games and say that they still outdo the recent games on, it's the animations and the way certain types of moves work. Why cant I hit the same hard looking dives on guy's who are on their face, or seated, or on their hands and knees? Why cant we have different climb animations for different types of moves, a moonsault is set up differently than a Savage Elbow drop? Why cant I taunt on the top rope before diving? Why does my guy warp awkwardly in the air to hit the move in the right animation? They are way better now than they were before, but this is an area where they are still beat by 15 year old games.

Because the WWE forces 2K to put out a product once a year, forcing them to be unable to focus on polish and refinement, because they have to get enough new and old features back in or the children start throwing their hissy fits. They have to try and catch what little amount of bugs they can while simultaneously building the game, and then try and get patches ready while also dealing with people screaming and shouting at them and also having to already work on the next game in the series.

And yet through all this they still manage to pull off in 2 years what it would've taken say, THQ, 5 or 6 years to do.

I'd like to see fluid animations and changes depending on coming moves too, but priorities are priorities here. They've gotta hit enough bullet points on the box or the WWE throws a fit and people who look for reasons to complain are handed more ammo.

at this point...im starting to think WWE tells them no TNA moves. Because its always ROH/Lucha Underground/NJPW

What does that even mean? Lol, no I don't watch Puro

That knee is one of the most over moves in pro wrestling today.

Pretty sure the only reason Last Chancery isn't in the game yet....is because Aries was in TNA for years.

He did mocap for the WWE games and voiceover work....but they don't put his moves in?

No Kenny King moves....no James Storm moves. Im sure we'll get them next year, now that they left TNA.

thq was shooting a fraction of the motions.

aries was not signed with TNA when he did mocap work back in 2011. he signed later that year.

there is no conspiracy here.

Yeah they should be in but they are bizzarely not, even though both men are in the game, I'd rather have Savage's hotshot than that stupid strong style corner kick/strike, I mean what the f*** is that move? I admit most of the moves look great but I could only assign a few to in game characters

Savage's hotshot was in 2011, it was removed in 2012. Coincidentally 2012 was the first year Savage was actually in the game!

They really need to do something about diving moves, they have never felt right in the Smackdown series, always too floaty and under powered looking.

even the new ones? there weren't a ton added this year but i feel like there's a noticeable improvement in new vs. old.

If there is anything I can look at n64 AKI games and say that they still outdo the recent games on, it's the animations and the way certain types of moves work. Why cant I hit the same hard looking dives on guy's who are on their face, or seated, or on their hands and knees? Why cant we have different climb animations for different types of moves, a moonsault is set up differently than a Savage Elbow drop? Why cant I taunt on the top rope before diving? Why does my guy warp awkwardly in the air to hit the move in the right animation? They are way better now than they were before, but this is an area where they are still beat by 15 year old games.

it's kinda complicated and I'm oversimplifying it a bit but i'll give it a whirl .

lots of clipping / warping in the aki games. an impact happened, a reaction triggered but it didn't necessarily look "good" or "realistic". they weren't concerned with it looking realistic. that was fine back in late 90s / early 2000s but as games have evolved so have peoples' expectations. had aki continued making wrestling games they probably would have evolved their design / engine to handle these collisions differently. you could probably come up with a physics based solution that would kinda get you something that looked sorta realistic but it would not be trivial and would probably cause more issues than its worth. the reality is, there aren't too many diving moves you can do to someone lying on their face that wouldn't absolutely kill them or possibly injure the person performing the attack. it's not a particularly common situation to begin with - most guys feed onto their back because you know, they want to live. no matter how well trained and skilled these guys are, it's really hard to protect yourself from that position. 200lb+ men flying through the air landing on your neck / spine is an absolute recipe for disaster.

regarding the climbing motions, you can do that if you know the intent of the player. i.e. when they climb to the top rope they're ALWAYS going to perform a moonsault. if i remember correctly, aki only had a single top rope move for specific situations (standing inside the ring, outside the ring, grounded, special). in that system you can easily alter the climb motion based the move that is assigned based on the current situation.

wwe2k gives people the option of two moves so it's impossible to know their intent until they press the button. this could be changed but would people be happy with fewer options? i'm not so sure.

there of course are other possible solutions but i can't really think of much off the top of my head that would be intuitive.

King of Colosseum does top rope facing moves and facing away moves as different set ups, face is set up by climbing, facing away are done as context sensitive moves where you climb as part of the move animation. Weirdly, the Aki games gave you the same amount of options for diving, just in different situations, you had one move for regular dives, one for finisher dives, and one for outside dives. More finisher slots would be a really nice addition to tell the truth.

I miss moves hitting by context of placement. The same clothesline was able to be used as an Irish whip rebound, a running front, a running back, a corner move, and a hard corner whip move with different sells depending on how you did it. Clipping was a problem, but clipping has been a problem in this series all the way up to the next gen games, they found a way to fix it, more work needs doing.

I like this game a lot, they finally made a wrestling game that doesn't make me want to play other wrestling games, but there are still things that need fixing, I hope they get to it, because this is by far the most fun I have had with a wrestling game with English menu's since Smackdown was the name of the game still.

Yeah, the only moves I can think are Christopher Daniels' BSE and Angels Wings.

Beer Money's DWI

Abyss' Black Hole Slam (None of the ones in game look good at all or have a pinning combination)

AJ Style's Spiral Tap

Roxxi Leveaux's Voodoo Drop

James Storm's 8 Second Ride

King of Colosseum does top rope facing moves and facing away moves as different set ups, face is set up by climbing, facing away are done as context sensitive moves where you climb as part of the move animation. Weirdly, the Aki games gave you the same amount of options for diving, just in different situations, you had one move for regular dives, one for finisher dives, and one for outside dives. More finisher slots would be a really nice addition to tell the truth.

I miss moves hitting by context of placement. The same clothesline was able to be used as an Irish whip rebound, a running front, a running back, a corner move, and a hard corner whip move with different sells depending on how you did it. Clipping was a problem, but clipping has been a problem in this series all the way up to the next gen games, they found a way to fix it, more work needs doing.

I like this game a lot, they finally made a wrestling game that doesn't make me want to play other wrestling games, but there are still things that need fixing, I hope they get to it, because this is by far the most fun I have had with a wrestling game with English menu's since Smackdown was the name of the game still.

Yeah, King of Colosseum( I prefer Part 2 over Green/Red) was an awesome game! I played that so much I felt like I was gonna have a seizure. I wish the WWE games would incorporate a similar counter system. KOC had so many choices... weight class, style and even a few character specific counters.

For those of you who want to use the DLC for in game characters, here is a suggestion for you:

Give Finn Bálor the Gutbuster Sickkick combo. Especially since the double knee gutbuster and a running Dropkick are moves he uses often, so why not use them together?

DLC Moveset Pack will be release on 24 November!

Never really worked out why they have to do moveset DLC.

That stuff should be in the game to begin with. C'mon 2K where the Legends!

Because people requested it year after year.

And it's not like the pack consists of basic wrestling moves/holds, that every wrestler does.

Id rather have DLC models than just a few moves.

DLC Moveset Pack will be release on 24 November!

Never really worked out why they have to do moveset DLC.

That stuff should be in the game to begin with. C'mon 2K where the Legends!

Because people requested it year after year.

And it's not like the pack consists of basic wrestling moves/holds, that every wrestler does.

Id rather have DLC models than just a few moves.

Well you already get those.

Archived