Daniel Bryan or Brock Lesnar?

Scorpion™

Unless Bryan ushers in a new era, Brock will be remembered the most for ending the Streak. Doesn't even matter if the match was lackluster.

He already has, if you ask me.

Unless Bryan ushers in a new era, Brock will be remembered the most for ending the Streak. Doesn't even matter if the match was lackluster.

The point is that the focus is on The Undertaker because he lost, not on Lesnar because he won. Therefore, Bryan was more prominantly focused on at WrestleMania (which you simply cannot deny) and he will continue to be focused on because he's ushered in a new era, where as Brock is going home again.

But the focus is equally on Lesnar because he won, because he was THE one to end the legendary streak, to do the impossible. Undertaker lost, yes, and that is heavily focused on, but what about the very guy he lost to? When people think WrestleMania, the Streak is the first thing that comes to mind, and in any given number of years, people will look back and be reminded that Brock Lesnar was the one to end that monumental streak, to give them that feel when the ref made the three count which can never be replicated.

But the focus is equally on Lesnar because he won, because he was THE one to end the legendary streak, to do the impossible. Undertaker lost, yes, and that is heavily focused on, but what about the very guy he lost to? When people think WrestleMania, the Streak is the first thing that comes to mind, and in any given number of years, people will look back and be reminded that Brock Lesnar was the one to end that monumental streak, to give them that feel when the ref made the three count which can never be replicated.

It sure as hell isn't the first thing I think of. Besides, I just don't think that people care that it was Lesnar that ended it (unless you're a kid who doesn't know it's scripted). Everyone else is just thinking about The Undertaker and the fact that he decided it was time. Brock was the right guy in the right place at the right time and nothing more in my opinion.

Daniel Bryan has WrestleMania XXX entirely centered around him and his ascension to being THE guy.

I don't even like the fact Lesnar ended the Streak, I would have always been against a part-timer getting that honor. Add to it, it was a crapfest of a match and Undertaker certainly deserved a better Streak-sendoff. But the streak was easily the biggest milestone in WWE, it was bigger than any title or any other accomplishment. I definitely agree WrestleMania was Daniel Bryan's night and will go down as the night Bryan cemented his status at the top, but he's not the first to do that and he won't be the last. Lesnar is the first to end the streak, and he would be the last and only one ever to get that recognition.

Now whether you decide to look at it more as Undertaker losing is perspective, but it can't be denied Lesnar was THE guy in his own right, just like Bryan was in his own. He was THE guy who will forever go down as the man who ended the mother*censored*ing streak (its significance can't be undermined). That's huge.

Too early to tell, IMO. Some were even complaining about him missing Raw because of his honeymoon.

The point is that the focus is on The Undertaker because he lost, not on Lesnar because he won. Therefore, Bryan was more prominantly focused on at WrestleMania (which you simply cannot deny) and he will continue to be focused on because he's ushered in a new era, where as Brock is going home again.

The focus is on Brock because HE was the one who beat the Streak and was chosen to beat the Streak. Punk, Shawn, or Hunter never beat the Streak, and Cena was never chosen to wrestle Taker. It was Brock who was chosen to wrestle Taker and beat his Streak.

So? Brock going home and being a part timer is good for ending the Streak. If it was someone like Cena, people would get tired and not care about him ending the Streak much. When Brock comes back, he will likely bring in ratings and money.

Too early to tell, IMO. Some were even complaining about him missing Raw because of his honeymoon.

The focus is on Brock because HE was the one who beat the Streak and was chosen to beat the Streak. Punk, Shawn, or Hunter never beat the Streak, and Cena was never chosen to wrestle Taker. It was Brock who was chosen to wrestle Taker and beat his Streak.

So? Brock going home and being a part timer is good for ending the Streak. If it was someone like Cena, people would get tired and not care about him ending the Streak much. When Brock comes back, he will likely bring in ratings and money.

Let's just agree to disagree, otherwise we'll just be going around in circles and clearly neither of us are going to change our minds. I see your points for sure, just personally, I don't agree with them.

What if Daniel Bryan beat the streak and after months and months of Big Show getting cheated by The Authority, he finally wins the title

Which one would be remembered then, the streak. Exactly

Apples and oranges. You cannot possibly put a much past his prime Show in Bryan's shoes, because he had his success long ago while this was Bryan's 'star in the making' story. I personally agree Lesnar was the bigger success, but substituting Bryan with a 40+ Big Show, who should only be puting others over at this stage, to prove that theory is a weak example.

Lesnar's match was shit. I don't see how that could be seen as a success.

Doesn't matter, End of an Era was shit but people still loved it. What matters is the outcome, and the outcome was that BRock ended the Streak.

cm-punk-best-in-the-world-logo-wallpaper

So, are you saying Bryan?

Archived