Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

Goku killed all those others, but I don't think he ever killed Tao.

You're right he didn't. Goku kicked the grenade Tao threw at him in the air, he had the intetion to kill Tao but somehow Tao Survived and was rebuilt as part cyborg.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the fact they're back to fighting only in base forms,

Except A.) It's just Goku. and B.) He'll still go super saiyan; just not 2 or 3, unfortunately...unless Toriyama changes his mind again.

now it's all about technique again. Android 19 probably could've whooped Goku and Vegeta's asses in base form during the Buu Saga

universal-ryoma.gif No

I'd really like to see an official version of Xenoverse or GT or a new story involving the now multiverse. I imagine Toriyama has at least something else planned because it just seems random and pointless to come back to the series to make two new canon movies, one of which introduces two major characters and massively expands the world, and just leave it at that. I know it's Toriyama, but I guess I just wanna be optimistic.

Do you read Dragon Ball Multiverse at all?

I said official, not not fanfic.

Was watching a bunch of DBZ videos today(and History of Trunks abridged. Watch it. Now) and one thing I noticed is that during the time skip after Buu, Vegeta was actually wearing regular clothes and not his saiyan outfit. Not counting the pink shirt, which he didn't really have a choice in unless you count going around naked, that's the first time Vegeta ever actually wears regular clothes.

I said official, not not fanfic.

Wow man, i was just going to say that if you like the multiverse idea, the comic was a good read. No need to get pissy.

Sorry about that. The post came off as mocking to me at first. I've seen bits and pieces of it, and I've seen people say it's pretty decent, but I never bothered to check it out because I just figured it was just another fan thing that wasn't worth paying attention to.

I personally enjoy it alot. There are a lot what-if-scenarios there that get me quite excited.

The Frieza saga is my favorite. It was tremendously good and in retrospect, I can understand why Toriyama wanted to conclude the series at that point. To be precise, my favorite time period of DBZ is the Ginyu arc up to the point when Frieza transforms for the first time. The rest of the saga was great as well but I have a soft spot for that particular time period. When Frieza confronted them for the first time, standing on the edge of that cliff, I felt genuinely terrified.

For some reason, I associate that arc with the "Bulma and the Frog" track. Man, I miss the 2000s.

Perfect Cell never really seemed like a villain, or even evil. He was more of a pretentious and narcissistic douchebag. It felt like one could reason with him to reconsider destroying Earth lol. What motive did he have to do it anyway? Frieza only destroyed Vegeta because he deemed the Saiyans a threat. Buu was just a crazy mother*censored*er. Cell was an intelligent guy. Why?

I've been watching the Frieza Saga and comparing the original and Faulconer scores. I have honestly been preferring the Japanese soundtrack more.

The US one seems way over produced. There are literally no breaks. Saying this, though, I still did switch to the US broadcast when the SSJ transformation came around.

What I still find incredulous is how Frieza was built up to be this great tyrant who had tremendous influence throughout galaxies and was (still kinda is, like in the Beerus movie) designated as the strongest being in the whole universe. Vegeta, the guy who almost killed off the entire Z-warriors and came awfully close to destroying Earth, was his mere underling. And then the next saga has an earthling design two androids who are somehow stronger than the aforementioned tyrant. Not to mention the earthling was a part of the Red Ribbon Army, which was singlehandedly destroyed by Goku in DB.

Archived