WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

He's made it pretty know he doesn't like Goldberg at all. Not sure why people would entertain that. No point in arguing with somebody opinion clearly clouded in bias.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working stiff occasionally ends in stingers and injuries, it's a by-product of pro-wrestling. I guess Misawa, Mutoh, Lesnar, KENTA, Benoit, Dynamite, and the countless others are all "clumsy wrestlers" because they've "injured" guys in the past.

I only watch WWE & TNA so Misawa, Mutoh & KENTA I can't comment on. Not sure who Benoit & Dynamite injured. As for Brock? I presume you're referencing Hardcore Holly's neck being broken. Well, that one was more on Hardcore Holly being a sandbagging douche & getting what he deserved.
No. Holly did not sandbag. Refuted by both Holly, Brock and Angle. Brock's broken four people's necks including his own. So, I guess he's clumsy as well? There's only isolated incidents that you can cite as proof that Goldberg was clumsy, and you're blaming it on his working style? And you compare Goldberg to Ryan. Dude, you dislike Goldberg. You're completely biased.

Brock, Holly, Angle, who's the fourth?

A-Train. Might not have been a full break.

He's made it pretty know he doesn't like Goldberg at all. Not sure why people would entertain that. No point in arguing with somebody opinion clearly clouded in bias.

That argument also works the other way around

If the opposing side blindly praises him, sure. That's not the case though, is it.....?

I can't speak for anyone else, but how do you know whether I like Goldberg? For all you know, I despise him. My opinion on him isn't relevant anyway, I'm being OBJECTIVE.

I don't get the hate Goldberg gets. Explain.

He's a clumsy arse who injures almost everyone he gets in the ring with. If he came back in a non-wrestling role, that's be cool.
Completely false.
According to Bret Hart's book, completely true. He almost broke Haku's neck, caused several minor injuries & ended Bret's career. He's clumsy.

'injures almost everyone'

*names two people*

Don't forget the extremely vague "caused several minor injuries". That has to count for as many as his variable will need to back up his argument

I'm sorry. I didn't know I HAD to list EVERY single guy Golberg has injured. Why don't you two list every single 5* match he had rather than being sarcastic? He also injured La Parka in a match on June 1st 1998 Nitro if ya want another example,

*names three people*

Also his wrestling ability has absolutely nothing to do with his apparent clumsiness.

Again, I don't see why I should have to produce a list just to keep some sarcy guys happy. And his wrestling ability does have a lot to do with his clumsiness. You'll see that guys like William Regal, Bret Hart & Eddie Guerrero who have produced several classic matches have barely injured anyone while guys like Goldberg & Mason Ryan have stunk the joint out & caused several injuries/near misses. If ya want another example HHH sustained a leg injury in late 2003 & had to briefly switch to longer tights. Who was he feuding with in late 2003 I wonder?
Hunter switched to tights directly for the elimination chamber, it had nothing to do with Goldberg, and his quad injury was a reoccurring injury. Again, working stiff/strong style is different to working North American/sports entertainment style. You're saying that stiff working guys aren't good wrestlers? Lmao. Mutoh, Misawa, Benoit, Regal, Dynamite Kid, they've all hurt some guys in the past. There's a difference between styles.

If Hunter switched for the Chamber at SummerSlam, then why was he still in long tights at Survivor Series? Surely something must have been up for that. I'm not saying stuff guys aren't good wrestlers, just look at Sheamus. Also, can ya list some examples of guys who have been injured by the people you listed? I can't think of any major examples.

If the opposing side blindly praises him, sure. That's not the case though, is it.....?
Does he,CHZRFAN blindly hate on Goldberg or is he trying to prove his "Goldberg injured a lot people"-point

I don't get the hate Goldberg gets. Explain.

He's a clumsy arse who injures almost everyone he gets in the ring with. If he came back in a non-wrestling role, that's be cool.
Completely false.
According to Bret Hart's book, completely true. He almost broke Haku's neck, caused several minor injuries & ended Bret's career. He's clumsy.

*names two people*

Don't forget the extremely vague "caused several minor injuries". That has to count for as many as his variable will need to back up his argument

I'm sorry. I didn't know I HAD to list EVERY single guy Golberg has injured. Why don't you two list every single 5* match he had rather than being sarcastic? He also injured La Parka in a match on June 1st 1998 Nitro if ya want another example,

*names three people*

Also his wrestling ability has absolutely nothing to do with his apparent clumsiness.

Again, I don't see why I should have to produce a list just to keep some sarcy guys happy. And his wrestling ability does have a lot to do with his clumsiness. You'll see that guys like William Regal, Bret Hart & Eddie Guerrero who have produced several classic matches have barely injured anyone while guys like Goldberg & Mason Ryan have stunk the joint out & caused several injuries/near misses. If ya want another example HHH sustained a leg injury in late 2003 & had to briefly switch to longer tights. Who was he feuding with in late 2003 I wonder?
Hunter switched to tights directly for the elimination chamber, it had nothing to do with Goldberg, and his quad injury was a reoccurring injury. Again, working stiff/strong style is different to working North American/sports entertainment style. You're saying that stiff working guys aren't good wrestlers? Lmao. Mutoh, Misawa, Benoit, Regal, Dynamite Kid, they've all hurt some guys in the past. There's a difference between styles.
If Hunter switched for the Chamber at SummerSlam, then why was he still in long tights at Survivor Series? Surely something must have been up for that. I'm not saying stuff guys aren't good wrestlers, just look at Sheamus. Also, can ya list some examples of guys who have been injured by the people you listed? I can't think of any major examples.

Paulies's corrected me on that. Okay, Benoit. He busted Regal open with a headbutt - 2000 The Brian Pillman memorial show. Misawa gave Kenta plenty of concussions and vice versa. Mutoh has busted open enough people's noses over the years, Akiyama busted open Mutoh's nose, Hansen w/ Vader. Sheamus gave Christian a chipped tooth and concussion at MITB 2013. There's loads of examples.

Does he,CHZRFAN blindly hate on Goldberg or is he trying to prove his "Goldberg injured a lot people"-point

Blind hate. Via subjective criticism.

Working stiff occasionally ends in stingers and injuries, it's a by-product of pro-wrestling. I guess Misawa, Mutoh, Lesnar, KENTA, Benoit, Dynamite, and the countless others are all "clumsy wrestlers" because they've "injured" guys in the past.

I only watch WWE & TNA so Misawa, Mutoh & KENTA I can't comment on. Not sure who Benoit & Dynamite injured. As for Brock? I presume you're referencing Hardcore Holly's neck being broken. Well, that one was more on Hardcore Holly being a sandbagging douche & getting what he deserved.
No. Holly did not sandbag. Refuted by both Holly, Brock and Angle. Brock's broken four people's necks including his own. So, I guess he's clumsy as well? There's only isolated incidents that you can cite as proof that Goldberg was clumsy, and you're blaming it on his working style? And you compare Goldberg to Ryan. Dude, you dislike Goldberg. You're completely biased.

Obviously Bob Holly's not gonna admit it. "I sandbagged & got my neck broken." Casts a very negative shadow over him. Where did Brock & Kurt refute it though? Whose necks did he break & when? How are my incidents isolated, and yours aren't? Yes I compared Goldberg to Ryan. Both have had several accidents/near misses, and neither can work a match longer than 10 minutes. I never said I was the biggest member of the Bill Goldberg Fan Club, however, I wouldn't say I'm biased. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

If you look at the powerbomb, you can see it's a botched move on both parts. Brock said it in his book. He mentioned it very briefly. Circle arguments, yay! Your examples are isolated incidents indicative of rare mishaps. My examples are also isolated, rare occurrences. That's my whole point. I'm not going to even continue a discussion with someone who's biased, no offence.

Obviously Bob Holly's not gonna admit it. "I sandbagged & got my neck broken." Casts a very negative shadow over him. Where did Brock & Kurt refute it though? Whose necks did he break & when? How are my incidents isolated, and yours aren't? Yes I compared Goldberg to Ryan. Both have had several accidents/near misses, and neither can work a match longer than 10 minutes. I never said I was the biggest member of the Bill Goldberg Fan Club, however, I wouldn't say I'm biased. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Not biased, yet a comment like "I don't get the hate for Goldberg, pleas explain" caused you to respond with the equivalent of "He's the worst of all time and injures everyone. Can't work a good match to save his life". If he was really as bad as you say, he wouldn't be such a huge draw (other than his terrible match with Lesnar) and he wouldn't have been such a mega star when he was around. Just because he didn't grapple for 30 minutes and show amazing tech moves doesn't mean he didn't have good matches. You clearly just dislike him personally and want to prove that he's a menace to society and should have been fired

Benoit broke Sabu's neck when he went for a German suplex. I forgot if it was due to bad or lack of communication, but that's a serious injury.

Benoit broke Sabu's neck when he went for a German suplex. I forgot if it was due to bad or lack of communication, but that's a serious injury.

It was a failed Flapjack attempt not a German Suplex.

I was shocked Sabu got up and moved after landing like that. I thought Benoit eased on his suplexes in WWE, though. Where he used to land them on their neck or near their neck in ECW, it was on their back in WWE.

Archived