Unpopular Movie Opinions

JGPLX.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the main reason why Rowling said Dumbledore was gay was to show that homosexuals can be badasses as well.

I don't think Tina and Amy could help McCarthy be funny. Plus, Amy's over the top is better, and Tina's "calmness" balances it pretty well. I'd rather have that over anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like Gravity. Same feelings about Interstellar. That scene where Anne Hathaway's character talks about love never fails to make me cringe or go lolwut. I think I prefer Gravity out of the two, if only because it didn't feel like I was attending a pseudo-intellectual moral sermon when I watched it. Definitely Nolan's weakest work in my opinion.

I didn't like Pulp Fiction. None of the characters was interesting. Really, they were just a bunch of assholes lol. It's perhaps the only Tarantino movie I don't like. I haven't watched Jackie Brown and I am ambivalent about Kill Bill Volume 2.

I didn't like Gravity. Same feelings about Interstellar. That scene where Anne Hathaway's character talks about love never fails to make me cringe or go lolwut. I think I prefer Gravity out of the two, if only because it didn't feel like I was attending a pseudo-intellectual moral sermon when I watched it. Definitely Nolan's weakest work in my opinion.

I didn't like Pulp Fiction. None of the characters was interesting. Really, they were just a bunch of assholes lol. It's perhaps the only Tarantino movie I don't like. I haven't watched Jackie Brown and I am ambivalent about Kill Bill Volume 2.

Mehhh, I don't know if it's just me but I personally feel Kill Bill Vol. 1 was freaking awesome, but 2 was kind of eh. As if the movie dragged, just to get to its last third which didn't live up to its hype well.

Loved interstellar, hated Gravity. Never seen Pulp.Also agree Inside out is Pixar at it's best.

also love how you refereed to interstellar as a sermon...The ending of Gravity is supposedly Sandra Bullock's character waking up in Heaven. There's also some hints that she died (I don't know, didn't pay that close attention to it)

Spy would have been a great movie if it weren't for Melissa McCarthy. She's annoying and ruins everything.

Kingsman has to be one of the top commercial films of the year. It was so entertaining.

I see nothing wrong with Katie Holmes as Rachel in Batman Begins.

• 3 weeks later...

Since it's nearly Halloween.

Halloween Ressurection was by far the worst Halloween movie, with 6 following behind it. Also, neither of Rob Zombies remakes were awful. I actually liked the first one, although the second one was odd.

Also, I very much dislike New Nightmare in the Freddy Krueger series. The third one was the best.

6 doesn't bother me as much H20 (and maybe 5). I find H20 to be pretty bland and less creative. It has a late '90s-post-Scream slasher vibe that I don't like. Plus, it has a lame cast, way too many fake jump scares, and it fails to capture the spirit of the holiday. I don't mind the ending, though. It's too bad the next film ruined it.

For me 6 in both incarnations is just a pile of shit and the worst movie of the bunch. Resurrection is utterly stupid, but it is at least entertaining to watch (Busta Rhymes being karate Michael Myers is pretty hysterical). Plus I give them credit for trying something new (for the franchise) with the internet streaming thing. If executed better it would have been pretty amazing.

5 is also near the bottom due to how bland it is. It's almost just a rehash of 4 but now with psychic powers thrown in. Though it does provide two really well executed scenes in the chase in the Myers' house and when Jamie gets Michael to reveal his face. It may be 95% bland, but the 5% that is good is really good.

I cannot however find anything even remotely good with 6. It is one of the few movies I honest to god hate. The plot is stupid, the visuals are annoying with how flashy and strobe like they are, the music is grating, and everything has an echo to it which gets old fast. Even the Producer's Cut is terrible with the plot being the main reason. That and the fact it moves slower than a slug. Yes Halloween is known to be slow, but usually it doesn't make the movie feel longer than it is and tiring to sit through. Simply put, 6 is just utter shit and I really, really, really hate it.

I only saw the first Zombie film and honestly I like it for the direction it took. It isn't great but again, I get entertainment value from it. Never saw 2. I like H20 as well and would rank it as one of the best ones alongside the original, the original second, and 4.

Archived