The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netflix has an original anime series now titled Ajin: Demi-Human. It's actually really cool.

Looks like they just got the distribution rights for it in the west, does that really count as a "Netflix Anime"? not like they made it, or dubbed it or anything.

Netflix has an original anime series now titled Ajin: Demi-Human. It's actually really cool.

Looks like they just got the distribution rights for it in the west, does that really count as a "Netflix Anime"? not like they made it, or dubbed it or anything.

I don't claim to know much about anime (certainly not like you do)...I just know that they have the Netflix logo slapped across it, which they do to indicate a Netflix original series. Hence, I thought it was a Netflix original series.

I don't claim to know much about anime (certainly not like you do)...I just know that they have the Netflix logo slapped across it, which they do to indicate a Netflix original series. Hence, I thought it was a Netflix original series.

If Netflix actually 'made' it, it wouldn't be anime really.

Also, looking at the series, it was adapted from a Manga, meaning the anime wouldn't have been original anyway.

but anyway, it's like saying that whoever bought the Stick of Truth from THQ 'made it', as it's essentially just "publishing" the anime like in games. (or 2K when they got the publishing rights for WWE 14?) But yes, it seems it aired in Japan in January, was dubbed and then when selling the rights for who gets to stream it, Netflix has come in to do it. So all they did was stump up more cash then say, Crunchyroll aha.

Netflix will remain the only legal way to watch this series though, so there's that.

It's not really anime anyway...it's a cg/anime hybrid.

Anyway, that still makes it a Netflix original series. It's not as if Bloodline and Orange is the New Black are "made" by Netflix either. You're clearly digging WAY too deep into what "Netflix original series" means...it just means that you're only going to see it on Netflix. Also, it may very well have a dubbed version, but the standard setting on Netflix is the original Japanese voicing.

Major spoilers incoming. Like really *censored*ing major.

Attack on Titans:

RIP MY *Censored* ARMIN, WE'LL GET TO THE BEACH FOR YOU MATE

Hunter x Hunter:

RIP HISOKA! THE ONLY PEDOPHILE I LI-

wait

RIP KORTOPI I NEVER REALLY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU TANGELA LOOKING ASS

RIP SHALNARK YOU WERE COOL AF I AM TRULY SADDENED BY THIS LOSS

• 2 weeks later...

So I finished Digimon Fusion over the weekend. I don't hate it, but it's easily my least favorite series so far. Still need to rewatch the Adventure series.

Season 3 is supposed to be really really aids. Hasn't even been dubbed at this point.

Nene best character from Fusion. Season one is eh, season two (Dark generals) is great.

So I finished Digimon Fusion over the weekend. I don't hate it, but it's easily my least favorite series so far. Still need to rewatch the Adventure series.

Season 3 is supposed to be really really aids. Hasn't even been dubbed at this point.

Nene best character from Fusion. Season one is eh, season two (Dark generals) is great.

Yeah considering the crossover is supposed to be the best part (and also where all the actual plot apparently takes place) and that is absolute garbage, I think it's safe to say Hunters is trash. Even Tri's getting dubbed before it.

Oh and Yugioh Arc-V is ending next Spring. Even with the BS waste of time that is Synchro, Arc-V is still the best yugioh. Really hoping the next series is an Arc-V 2 because it's not fair that a third of this show was wasted on a crappy filler. That and I really don't see how they'll neatly wrap everything up in under 40 episodes.

The cross over was just a cash grab due to it being shit I imagine.

There will definitely be be an Arc V 2. They need to get to dubbing the rest already. They're up to 49 in the dub but that aired in January.

• 2 weeks later...

Bleach is ending in a few chapters. Asking around about what's been going on, I can see why it dropped so damn hard. At least Bleach haters have the luxury of knowing that when Laundry Detergent ends, it'll actually stay dead. Now only One Piece remains. It's also the only one that seems to have maintained any semblance of quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived