The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

^I always get titles for From the New World and The World God Only Knows mixed up. It's interesting going into one, and expecting it to be the other.

So, how about that amazing ending to Boku dake ga Inai Machi? So awesome, am I right?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finished TWGOK

Not surprised Chihiro "won", not that I'm against it. I am glad it wasn't Tenri even though she's cool because then it'd have been a Hinata thing where it's just "oh you're my biggest fangirl, so Imma date you even if I personally never felt that strongly about you before". My biggest problems were the lack of Kaori because she was awesome and I wanted to see her back in the present trying to actually kill Keima; also a lot of stuff felt like it could've been expanded on a lot more; especially Elsie.

Either way, I liked it

They almost made it the worst ending of all time but it ended up being ok. I don't think the ending was amazing but it didn't ruin the show for me either.

The thing about the entire series was, it teased things as red herrings, and then the reveal was that they weren't actually red herrings. It was such a basic ending. Not that I entirely blame them on that, because the final manga didn't even come out until like two or three weeks before the final episode. But still, those last two/three episodes really sucked the interest of that anime for me.

I might be surprised by Hero Academia, like I was with One Punch Man, but I'm still not expecting much. With Mayoiga, I'm just following it because the summary sounded interesting, but I expect it to be a series I'll likely drop. Kiznaiver is the only one I'm hyped for. Loved KLK, so I have high hopes for this one.

I'm gonna give Bungou Stray Dogs a shot, once I'm a little less busy later today.

Just recently started watching 'Your Lie in April.' On, I think, episode 10.

Where the main character (I can't remember names in this show to save my life) finishes his first piano playing competition since he stopped playing after his mom died.

So my girlfriend got me to watch assassination classroom. It's alright, but I want to know what the hell the writer was thinking when it came to the main characters mother. He doesn't need to "just communicate better" with her, she's certifiably insane and in the real world would likely end up in a mental institution.

Never seen it.

And what the hell happened to Bleach? It used to be part of the HST and now it's just "oh hey, Bleach. Okay then". At first I was thinking it was because the anime got cancelled, but then I started wondering why it was cancelled in the first place and now I'm not so sure. I've seen people say it's because it just got bad after Aizen, but DBZ had Buu Saga and GT and Nardo has the entirety of part 2 and beyond, yet both of them are still popular.

Bleach is just horrible.

Atleast Nardo ruined characters that we were already familiar with and even DragonBall didn't pull so much stuff out of its ass. Bleach and Fairy Tail have overdone fanservice & asspull way too much

I would love to rant into detail about both mangas, but I'm on my phone right now...

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Steins;Gate. It was alright but it's not "third best anime of all time" but I guess average ratings putting it third know more than me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived