The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent the last few days rewatching Digimon Tamers again. Going through it a 3rd time, the pacing isn't as bad as I remember, but it still ain't too great.

I got into Food Wars and aside from Azami's lame ass, I'm enjoying it. I also finally watched FMA 03 from start to finish and loved it. Now I just gotta get around to Brotherhood, though I've already seen a bunch of clips on youtube.

I spent the last few days rewatching Digimon Tamers again. Going through it a 3rd time, the pacing isn't as bad as I remember, but it still ain't too great.

Data Squad was the best season for me. Plus I think you complained that the main two in Frontier got about 27 more power ups than the rest of their party? everyone gets access to Burst Mode in DS, so that;s good shit they're all equal.

Yes they do. It's really friggin stupid. Tamers and Data Squad are the only two series, not counting applimon which I have yet to see, that actually keep everyone on equal footing, though it does still feel like Marcus and Thomas get more shine than Yoshino and Kenan in Data Squad.

Yes they do. It's really friggin stupid. Tamers and Data Squad are the only two series, not counting applimon which I have yet to see, that actually keep everyone on equal footing, though it does still feel like Marcus and Thomas get more shine than Yoshino and Kenan in Data Squad.

Nah, Takoto gets one step above with Crimson mode, whilst Impmon gets Blast Mode, so those two are above Henry, Rika and Ryo. Data Squad is the only equal one (and now Tri)

Technically in Frontier they're all equal. When they show up at the end of Fusion (which I like to treat as non canon), all the good Legendary Warriors fuse together into Susanoomon, rather than just the main two. That does beg the question as to why they didn't do that in Frontier though. Discount Fuson though and the main two have three stages above the rest lol. It'd be like Palmon stopping at Togemon whilst Matt and Tai get Omnimon.

And yeah, Yoshino and Keenan do get slightly *censored*ed over as they don't have proper Burst Mode sequences but at least they still got Burst Mode. BanchoLeomon too lol.

Oh yeah. Only Takuya and Koji getting all the cool transformations in Frontier really hindered my enjoyment of the show. :/

I remember getting more and more frustrated as the season went on, without giving the others more attention.

My only experience with Cardcaptor Sakura was the (terrible) dub on CITV when I was a kid, but for some reason I'm really interested in this new Clear Card series about to start.

Maybe because of how popular the original series was in Japan? I'd watch the original subbed if there was a legal way for me to.

I wanna watch Cardcaptor Sakura again. That was a pretty fun anime.

Also, I miss how OP was pre-timeskip, but I also love the different direction Oda is taking the manga in and letting it evolve. Naruto should have done the same thing after Pain, but it regressed into a DBZ-style and got too preachy.

Naruto: "You can beat your destiny."

Shippuuden until Pain: "See. You did this all against the odds."

Shippuuden after Pain: "Lol. Just kidding. Here is a Megazord."

Don't forget Uchiha or Senju genes.

Naruto couldn't have ended after Pain really, there were still Akatski members

No one is saying it had to end right after Pain, but it didn't have to turn into a shitshow. The war could have happened without invalidating anything Pain was about. Instead, we got "BELIEVE IN ME I SOLVE THINGS!!!"

Nah, Takoto gets one step above with Crimson mode, whilst Impmon gets Blast Mode, so those two are above Henry, Rika and Ryo. Data Squad is the only equal one (and now Tri)

Crimson Mode in Tamers was a temporary thing from an outside source at the very end of the show and Blast Mode isn't even a thing in Tamers. It's just another weapon. Plus, even despite those two minor things, they're all treated as being on equal footing.

Technically in Frontier they're all equal. When they show up at the end of Fusion (which I like to treat as non canon), all the good Legendary Warriors fuse together into Susanoomon, rather than just the main two. That does beg the question as to why they didn't do that in Frontier though. Discount Fuson though and the main two have three stages above the rest lol. It'd be like Palmon stopping at Togemon whilst Matt and Tai get Omnimon.

Are we really counting Susanoomon?

And yeah, Yoshino and Keenan do get slightly *censored*ed over as they don't have proper Burst Mode sequences but at least they still got Burst Mode. BanchoLeomon too lol.

Well there's that too, but I meant more in terms of overall character focus.

Also, because I can't stop *censored*ing on Nardo, here're some of my thoughts

Neji Hyuga’s death is one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen in fiction and not because I am or was a Neji fan. I honestly never thought all that much of him really. No, Neji’s death was disgusting because of what it represented. The entirety of the first part of the series was all about overcoming the odds and beating destiny and yada yada with Neji being the one character to say “No, you can’t beat destiny no matter how hard you try.” Remember that Neji was basically born as a slave in his own all because his dad was born a few minutes latter and pretty much his sole purpose in life was to die for his cousin Hinata like a good little slave, so it’d make sense that’d he’d think like this. Move on a bit to the Nardo vs. Neji fight and what happens? Nardo kicks Neji’s ass and spouts his usual shtick about overcoming destiny and blah blah blah and he actually makes Neji have a change of heart. All well and good right?

WELL I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!

Fast forward to the Pain Arc in Shippuden and guess what happens? Turns out Nardo’s actually the legendary child of destiny. Yes, after spending the entire first half of the series denouncing the idea of destiny, the very same main character who was supposed to be fighting against destiny and all the other stuff becomes destiny itself. And it gets better! Because not only is nardo the child of destiny, but he’s also the son of the legendary 4th Hokage, one of the strongest people in their world, and a descendant of the Uzumaki clan who was famous for insane chakra reserves. All this on top of the fact that the fox inside him is basically a living nuke that he has full control over. Now fast forward to the lolwar arc and turns out ol’ Nardo is also the reincarnation of a god (this is some real Bleach level foolishness). But the worst part is what happens right before this. Neji dies. Yes, that’s right, Neji dies. Protecting Hinata. With a smile on his face. Like a good little slave. Sound familiar? Well it should because this is the very same destiny Neji was fighting against with the encourage of Mr. Child O’ Destiny himself. Basically Kishimoto just completely shat on the entire theme of the first half of his series and told everyone “*Censored* you, you don’t get to win and destiny is absolute”, by killing off the one character to call bullshit on the entire theme of part 1.

And of course that's nowhere close to every issue I have with this dumpster fire of a series, but it is a big one. Oh and

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/13-1/naruto-creator-says-series-reflects-childhood-inferiority

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep. Been reading it for a while now.

Not gonna post your onions on it lol? I figure that's why he was asking rather than just a "yeah I've been reading it" cuz that's not very helpful, lol

I still need to watch Brotherhood. I've been watching clips and stuff of it on youtube for years now and I watched the 03 anime over the summer, but I still haven't actually watched Brootherhood.

Not sure if I said it here already, but I really do not enjoy the Pokemon Sun & Moon anime. I'm caught up(with the dub), but I actually had to struggle to get to that point whereas I loved binging XY/&Z and even older seasons. Even Black & White gave me more to enjoy. I seriously hope the gen 8 anime goes back to being more like the previous series.

• 1 month later...

Archived