The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

The more I think about it, the more I think they are going to somehow save Glenn. It is going to have to be some major tom*censored*ery though. Like the intestines being ripped out were obviously Nick's, his body fell on top of Glenn which is what knocked Glenn down there to begin with. But even then he is in some incredibly deep shit that there is virtually no way he makes it out. I want Glenn to be alive but I don't want to see them pull major shit out of their asses to save him. The show will just lose a lot of the feeling of inherent danger if they save him and prove that there is indeed a list of unkillable characters.

1zly5vl.png

I'm actually fine with them saving Glenn purely for that ^ reason, no matter how ridiculous it is for him to survive. It really should be him.

They've been telegraphing the bat thing for a long time now as Glenn has used one a lot. However, I doubt we're getting Negan for a while. Unless he's connected to The Wolves.

I could see Glenn being alive through some bullshit the more I think about it, but I really hope not. Perhaps them devouring Nicholas on top of him might drench Glenn in blood and guts and perhaps with that disguise idea that they've used before he MIGHT be able to get away.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interesting thing to me is looking at the way Glenn is positioned on the ground. Comparing that to how they both fell and seems they did a twist in the air. The far shot it appears Glen is almost sliding out to get under the dumpster. The one thing I really thought about prior to them leaving to go the feed store. Glenn appears to pray, perhaps he will be saved by Jesus (from Negan's group). I remember hearing they had cast someone for that role.

Glenns death makes no sense to the story though, going forward he could really run the community properly and make himself to be a real leader and him dying because of something Nick did is terrible, plus I don't really understand why Glenn would fall with him. Nick shoots himself so Glenn knows he's dead so why would he then grab on to him and fall with him? Some part of Glenn would be happy he died because Nick was such a useless person.

Surely someone like Carol or the ginger guy would be better to kill? As soon as I saw Carol making dinner for someone I thought 'yup your time on this show has come to an end.'

Glenns death makes no sense to the story though, going forward he could really run the community properly and make himself to be a real leader and him dying because of something Nick did is terrible, plus I don't really understand why Glenn would fall with him. Nick shoots himself so Glenn knows he's dead so why would he then grab on to him and fall with him? Some part of Glenn would be happy he died because Nick was such a useless person.

Surely someone like Carol or the ginger guy would be better to kill? As soon as I saw Carol making dinner for someone I thought 'yup your time on this show has come to an end.'

Carol? Have you even watched the show lately? Yeah sure, kill off your most well rounded, best arched and most loveable character because she made someone dinner. She made that someone dinner because she's pretending to be clueless infront of the Alexandrians. Robert Kirkman himself has said that Carol is legit THE safest character on the show even surpassing Daryl.

Also "that ginger guy" ... :rolleyes:

Carol? Have you even watched the show lately? Yeah sure, kill off your most well rounded, best arched and most loveable character because she made someone dinner. She made that someone dinner because she's pretending to be clueless infront of the Alexandrians. Robert Kirkman himself has said that Carol is legit THE safest character on the show even surpassing Daryl.

Also "that ginger guy" ... :rolleyes:

I feel her time in the show has run its course, we've had plenty of storylines about her and I just feel in this place she has nothing to offer. I never really enjoyed her in the show anyways.

I couldn't remember his name haha.

Maybe what Michonne said to that black dude earlier in the episode was sort of relevant?

x0lIb7V.jpg

Clinging to any feint hope cos that "death" sucked, he deserved something much better. The special effects looked crap anyway, if it was Glenn getting torn up apparently his intestines are in his shoulders.

Oh well, I'm more worried that Maggie is going to top herself now.

About Rick:

Is anybody else thinking he'll cut off his own hand to avoid turning?

Nah I'm pretty sure they've said it would cost too much having to green screen/edit it out every scene he's in in the future. Plus Robert Kirkman has said doing that in the comics was his biggest regret.

We saw Abraham get cut by Sasha's knife after she had cut a walker last season. Its probably nothing, but to make us worried.

Well, you're wrong.

Wrong how?

Wrong by saying her time is show is over. It's like you haven't even watch the show since season 4.

Maybe what Michonne said to that black dude earlier in the episode was sort of relevant?

x0lIb7V.jpg

Clinging to any feint hope cos that "death" sucked, he deserved something much better. The special effects looked crap anyway, if it was Glenn getting torn up apparently his intestines are in his shoulders.

Oh well, I'm more worried that Maggie is going to top herself now.

I mean, like I said, that shot is almost definitely Nicolas being eaten. It just doesn't matter, Glenn is still royally *censored*ed, he is trapped under Nicolas in the middle of a gigantic horde with no way out. Even before he fell he couldn't find a way out. Glenn has experienced a few miracles so far to get him where he is, but this would just take a whole other level of bullshit to save him. That being said, they probably will pull said bullshit to save him

I have seen leaked set photos of Glenn in character with a new character (allegedly Jesus)...so that does seem odd. But I don't know. Like I said before...I will actually be pissed if they claim that he survived that...because he wouldn't. They could always be doing "what would Glen think of this situation?" type cuts with Glen standing in certain scenes and overlooking the group, even though he's dead.

I have seen leaked set photos of Glenn in character with a new character (allegedly Jesus)...so that does seem odd. But I don't know. Like I said before...I will actually be pissed if they claim that he survived that...because he wouldn't. They could always be doing "what would Glen think of this situation?" type cuts with Glen standing in certain scenes and overlooking the group, even though he's dead.

On the Talking Dead the producer of the TWD made statement that he guarantees we will see Glenn again in some form. Either alive, a flashback, or possibly a zombie. But no matter what he confirmed that will not be the last scene we will see of Glenn. And yeah I was thinking the only possible way Glenn gets out of that is if an entirely new character is introduced to do so because literally everyone else is in no position to help him.

Well...

Given that Rick is in deep with the RV being dead. There is always the possibility he sends a flare out from atop of it. The flare could (somehow) distract the herd engulfing Glenn and the body of Nicholas. So, that is a possible way he someone survives. Given that this is a show that allowed Daryl and Carol's truck to land on its wheels. There is no reason to think by some miracle Glenn will not survive.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure Glenn will survive and then probably be killed off in a bigger way at the end of the season. The way it was shot was just too obvious he wasn't dead yet, and Glenn of all characters has a precedent of getting some miraculous bullshit to pull through and save him. I think the show will kind of jump the shark if they do save him, but I don't doubt they will. He is one of the 2-4 biggest characters in the show and they killed him: 1)in the middle of a season, 2)in the middle of a episode, there was a good 10 minutes after him supposedly dying still, and 3)with literally no other characters around. Just not characteristic of a massive character being killed off at all.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure Glenn will survive and then probably be killed off in a bigger way at the end of the season. The way it was shot was just too obvious he wasn't dead yet, and Glenn of all characters has a precedent of getting some miraculous bullshit to pull through and save him. I think the show will kind of jump the shark if they do save him, but I don't doubt they will. He is one of the 2-4 biggest characters in the show and they killed him: 1)in the middle of a season, 2)in the middle of a episode, there was a good 10 minutes after him supposedly dying still, and 3)with literally no other characters around. Just not characteristic of a massive character being killed off at all.

Excuse me?

Archived