The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Like I said, I'm pretty sure Glenn will survive and then probably be killed off in a bigger way at the end of the season. The way it was shot was just too obvious he wasn't dead yet, and Glenn of all characters has a precedent of getting some miraculous bullshit to pull through and save him. I think the show will kind of jump the shark if they do save him, but I don't doubt they will. He is one of the 2-4 biggest characters in the show and they killed him: 1)in the middle of a season, 2)in the middle of a episode, there was a good 10 minutes after him supposedly dying still, and 3)with literally no other characters around. Just not characteristic of a massive character being killed off at all.

Boom. You mean to tell me this guy has been on the show for over 5 seasons and has pulled off incredible things to survive.. and gets killed off seemingly by accident by a relatively new and minor character with somewhat confusing development? It's only a stupid direction they're going in because he clearly lands with his feet near the dumpster, until the camera pans out and we see his head is actually near it somehow. He'll probably make his return right before his comic death actually happens, tearing our hearts even more.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good episode...but I knew they were gonna pull this shit (where they do a completely unrelated episode to what happened last week). I knew it. I called it before the episode started. I knew it was going to be about something completely different...then they showed the flashback in the first few minutes, and I knew that's where the entire episode was going. I really liked the episode...don't get me wrong. It just sucks waiting another week to continue the main story.

Great episode, fit really well in the pace of the story. The first three episodes were so fast paced and this one really grounded the whole thing. I didn't feel like it was unnecessary because now we know everything about Morgan and if they gone on trying to "rehabilitate" this Wolf then how would we have known what they were doing without this backstory?

I was a massive fan of The Governor episodes in season 4 and I've said it a million times, I love when this show does something new and different. This was essentially a bottle episode, but what a way to do one. Plenty of action and plenty of fantastic dialogue. However, now back to Rick and Glenn please. I'm so very glad Lennie James got this episode to shine, but now I want to have the main story.

I'm so ready for Glenn to be alive. I'm gonna lose my shit because of how retarded that is. :lol: Dude really needs to just be dead. He should show up alive, and then die in the same episode. It would piss people off so bad. Maggie's like "Glenn, I'm so happy to see you...I'm pregnant!" and Glenn just goes "Nooooooo" and shoots himself in the head. Lmao.

if he really is dead isn't it only like 4 people left alive from the first season

Rick, Carl, Daryl & Carol yep. Oh and Morgan of course. So 5.

It would be hilarious if Glenn survives and shows up only for Maggie and their unborn to die

Didn't mind that episode. Alexandra Breckenridge is too damn sexy.

I recently got into American Horror Story and only just realised whilst watching The Walking Dead yesterday that she was young Moira in Murder House.

I'm so ready for Glenn to be alive. I'm gonna lose my shit because of how retarded that is. :lol: Dude really needs to just be dead. He should show up alive, and then die in the same episode. It would piss people off so bad. Maggie's like "Glenn, I'm so happy to see you...I'm pregnant!" and Glenn just goes "Nooooooo" and shoots himself in the head. Lmao.

I was half expecting him to be in the sewer. I do want Glenn to be alive though, ridiculous or not.

I just want to say last weeks stand alone episode was so ******* great. Without a doubt the best episode of TWD in a year or two. So good.

Oh yeah it was really something special I agree. Lennie James is a fantastic actor, Emmy worthy performance maybe? The only thing that bugged people about it and might possible taint it going forward is the timing of the episode following the shows (potentially) biggest cliff hanger so far. I loved it personally, I enjoy a great cliff hanger suspension, but I can see why it bugged people.

This season needs a lot more Daryl and Abraham.

Next week!

Speaking of Abraham. One of the things thats always bothered me (and it happened in the comics too ... I think) is that he was put in the shitty construction team when they got to Alexandria. He was a sergeant and a great survivor why was he building walls an shovelling dirt? His talents would've been better elsewhere.

Next week!

Speaking of Abraham. One of the things thats always bothered me (and it happened in the comics too ... I think) is that he was put in the shitty construction team when they got to Alexandria. He was a sergeant and a great survivor why was he building walls an shovelling dirt? His talents would've been better elsewhere.

Because he was/is mentally unstable. (More so than the other Walking Dead around him)

Yeah, to me, it was just to show how incompetent the settlement in Alexandria is. When given a group of survivors as strong as Rick and company, they have no idea what any of them are capable of and basically waste every single one of them on stupid busy-work. They have Carol baking cookies, they have Abe doing construction, they have Michonne being the "Sheriff's deputy" or whatever silly job she had...I think the jobs were intentionally a load of bullshit just to show the reader/viewer (they got bullshit jobs in the comics too) that the people in the town are incompetent.

Next week!

Because he was/is mentally unstable. (More so than the other Walking Dead around him)
Ehhhh, if they had explained that Abraham had chosen to be on the construction because of his PTSD then I'll accept it. However, they didn't. They gave no reason for it and the show missed a step in explaining it.

Yeah, to me, it was just to show how incompetent the settlement in Alexandria is. When given a group of survivors as strong as Rick and company, they have no idea what any of them are capable of and basically waste every single one of them on stupid busy-work. They have Carol baking cookies, they have Abe doing construction, they have Michonne being the "Sheriff's deputy" or whatever silly job she had...I think the jobs were intentionally a load of bullshit just to show the reader/viewer (they got bullshit jobs in the comics too) that the people in the town are incompetent.

The jobs are because Deanna wants to have some sort of semblance to normal life, but they are stupid. So yeah, it was to show that they didn't have a clue on what they were doing.

The Alexandrians didnt make Carol bake cookies, she was putting on an act of a housewife. You got that, right?

Archived