Official NXT Takeover: WarGames II Discussion Thread

Jmerc

He won the title with the Angel's Wings so I consider that his main finisher lol But I consider the Rope Hung DDT his Takeover finisher if that makes sense, like how Asuka won half her Takeover matches with the Buzzsaw Kick instead of the Asuka Lock lol

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based off what we've seen here lately, it seems as if Project Ciampa and the Drapping DDT are his main finishers; although I'm sure he's pinned more people with the latter...and I know he attempted that Butterfly Facebuster/Piledriver once. I don't think I've even seen him even attempt Armbar since the #DIY days.

As for Dream, him hitting the DVD on the concrete and immediately following up with the Rainmaker should have been the end, I thought - especially considering that he had already hit the DVD and even the Twisting DDT (on the NXT title) earlier.

As for Dream, him hitting the DVD on the concrete and immediately following up with the Rainmaker should have been the end, I thought - especially considering that he had already hit the DVD and even the Twisting DDT (on the NXT title) earlier.

I was shocked when he didn't win off that. I was convinced it was the end.

The DVD while yes on the floor, technically had double padding since it was on the mat that was pulled back. So it was on 2 mats, not the exposed concrete.

Regardless, I still feel like it should have ended given the fact that Dream hit the DVD earlier in the match. That's pretty much his secondary finisher. Would have been fine with Ciampa somehow getting hit foot on the rope or something...but not kicking out entirely. I realize finisher kick-outs add more drama and excitement, but it happens to frequently in these big NXT title matches for my liking. The only move that seems to be really protected right now is Black Mass, the 630 and the Bitter End(?).

The DVD while yes on the floor, technically had double padding since it was on the mat that was pulled back. So it was on 2 mats, not the exposed concrete.

Regardless, I still feel like it should have ended given the fact that Dream hit the DVD earlier in the match. That's pretty much his secondary finisher. Would have been fine with Ciampa somehow getting hit foot on the rope or something...but not kicking out entirely. I realize finisher kick-outs add more drama and excitement, but it happens to frequently in these big NXT title matches for my liking. The only move that seems to be really protected right now is Black Mass, the 630 and the Bitter End(?).

Pretty much. To my knowledge, the Black Mass hasn't been kicked out of. Neither has the 630 and the Bitter End. The Freak Accident has been somewhat protected too.

Im sure if either main evented and got a few more minutes they would have gotten it, its not a big deal really. i usually can tell how Meltz is gonna call it so none of these ratings surprise me and i dont disagree with them. i think he was even generous with Ciampa vs Dream.

Black vs Gargano and Ciampa vs Dream both got 4.75 stars

Absolute bullshit. :lol:

Urrr...how?

Because they were 5 star matches... 4.75, what did they not do to get that little bit to make it 5 star?

If it's 5 stars to you then it's 5 stars...

I'm tired of these wild ass false finishes in this big NXT matches. I realize that it adds excitement and stuff to the match, but less is more in some cases. That's why I feel like some of these matches get just a tad bit overrated by fans.

The same issues I had with Dream vs. Ciampa is the same issue I had with UE vs. Mustache Mountain.

Archived