Official WrestleMania 38 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

34 minutes ago, Crazy. said:

I'm curious, what did you not like?

Other than Charlotte/Ronda I don't know that there was anything I didn't like so much as I was just... kinda bored?

I liked Becky vs Bianca & Seth vs Cody, everything else just kinda fell into "laughing with friends at what the hell it is we're watching" territory, and if I wasn't watching with friends I don't think I'd have stuck around after Cody vs Seth.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

I'm genuinely surprised at the positive reception the show has had tbh

There was not one single match that overstayed its welcome. You had a shitload of charismatic stars who can work and we’re on their game (Austin, Owens, Cody, Rollins, Bianca, Becky, et al). You had storylines that did a solid job building intrigue (KO/Austin; Cody/Rollins) and drama (Becky/Bianca; Corbin/Drew); all of which, btw, had a satisfying payoff. And you had a harmless undercard that (again) that did not waste people’s time by being overly long while also giving some nice moments of their own (Logan Paul is actually pretty good; Drew kicking out of the End of Days).

You’re genuinely surprised people can find that stuff enjoyable?

7 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

There was not one single match that overstayed its welcome. You had a shitload of charismatic stars who can work and we’re on their game (Austin, Owens, Cody, Rollins, Bianca, Becky, et al). You had storylines that did a solid job building intrigue (KO/Austin; Cody/Rollins) and drama (Becky/Bianca; Corbin/Drew); all of which, btw, had a satisfying payoff. And you had a harmless undercard that (again) that did not waste people’s time by being overly long while also giving some nice moments of their own (Logan Paul is actually pretty good; Drew kicking out of the End of Days).

You’re genuinely surprised people can find that stuff enjoyable?

Honestly, yeah. I had spoken to a few different people in person about the card who all seemed to feel it was lackluster, so definitely surprised at the warm reception online (or at least on this forum).

I know I'm in the minority for this one, but I'd disagree on the "not one match overstayed its welcome". To me, KO/Austin absolutely did. The promo was what I was actually looking forward to, and it was just generic "lol Texas sucks" material (in front of their most internationally mixed crowd of the year, which is just kinda funny to me). The match was probably as good as it was gonna get given SCSA's ring condition, but by the time they got to the top of the ramp, I was done with it and ready for them to just finish up. Like, respect to Austin for doing the match, glad Owens got what I'm sure was a cool ass moment for him as a fan-turned-wrestler, but these types of nostalgia matches aren't my thing and I was just bored halfway through.

Logan Paul being "good" to me is kind of a worthless revelation because he's just another celeb influencer. I have no reason to care about him in wrestling. I felt the same way with Bunny last year.

Drew v Corbin I couldn't bring myself to care about because Drew feels like he took a massive step down for the program. I love McIntyre, one of the guys I will genuinely tune in just to see, but I don't really care about him feuding with a guy named "Happy Corbin".

Charlotte v Ronda was your typical "lolCharlottewins" moment. It honestly had a Charlotte/Asuka vibe to it, except I was actually invested in Asuka.

Like I had posted previously, the two matches I genuinely enjoyed were Becky vs Bianca and Seth vs Cody, but two great matches isn't enough for me to say a show was worth watching.

I'm not trying to shit on y'alls opinions, glad you're all enjoying it, but to me night 1 just felt like validation for moving away from WWE over the last year. 
Friend is having us over for Night 2 so we'll see how that goes. Genuinely excited for Edge vs Styles.

40 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

The match was probably as good as it was gonna get given SCSA's ring condition, but by the time they got to the top of the ramp, I was done with it and ready for them to just finish up.

The crowd sure wasn’t done. You play to the crowd and they were absolutely eating everything Austin and Owens were giving them.

Logan Paul being "good" to me is kind of a worthless revelation because he's just another celeb influencer. I have no reason to care about him in wrestling. I felt the same way with Bunny last year.

I don’t think that’s a fair thing to say. Him being a celeb influencer or whatever is meaningless to me. To me, it’s all about the work that’s in front of me and what I saw I appreciated because he was good at it, so I give him credit.

Charlotte v Ronda was your typical "lolCharlottewins" moment. It honestly had a Charlotte/Asuka vibe to it, except I was actually invested in Asuka

I’m not sure Ronda is as over as Asuka was during that run. You’re not going to get that many people crushed that Ronda lost, so it’s like “eh”for a lot of people online. If Charlotte’s opponent was more over, then I think we would have similar situation.

I'm not trying to shit on y'alls opinions, glad you're all enjoying it, but to me night 1 just felt like validation for moving away from WWE over the last year. 

I mean, kinda feels like you are with your need to reiterate your grievances and your befuddlement that ppl actually enjoyed the show. lol Which is fine. If you want to provide a counter reaction, then have at it.

1 minute ago, TNFNS said:

Cody Rhodes is in the company now, ain’t no way Brock dethrones another darker skinned Champ on his watch

Maybe this is all part of Cody’s plan to end racism by dethroning and retiring Brock

4 minutes ago, TNFNS said:

Man what I’d give to have Triple H’s water spit land on me in what may be his last ENTRANCE 

facts?

dawg i don’t wanna see Steveson again until he’s ready to wrestle lol the random ass announcements of his presence is mad annoying now

Archived