Official WWE Super Showdown 2020 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

*censored*ing hell. How dumb is this? Why do we keep giving belts to this no talent Old Turd?

You rate Lesnar, you're in no position to call anyone a no talent old turd.

Lesnar actually has a history of good matches you know?

Yeah, against CM Punk, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan. Three wrestlers I would never in a million years expect to have a good match with a broomstick. :lol:

Mysterio, Balor, Rollins, his Rumble performance, how many more times does he need to be "carried" before you can accept that maybe, just maybe, there is an outside possibility that he might actually be a little bit, halfway decent at his job?

Don't need to accept anything because I've got a set of eyes and a functioning brain and have been seeing for myself how trash and predictable he is. Having a handful of "great matches" in 6-7 years against some of the best in the business is nothing to boast about, especially considering how many pointless and awful matches he's had against good opponents.

Way to move the goalposts, from acting as if it's only three to a "handful". Not only that, like the first half of those 6-7 years were wasted on part timers and Cena squashes. Did we need THREE Lesnar Vs Triple H matches, or all the times he faced Big Show or Taker during that period? Not only that, but Lesnar's part time. Between 2012 and 2014 he wrestled 9 times. Of course he's not gonna have many great matches if he's not wrestling much to begin with. Honestly, since he started interacting with more full time, current talent and started showing up more (so around, 2016ish) his overall match quality has been pretty good.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesnar's booking overall has been fantastic since the Rollins feud. I can't see how anyone can be so bent out-of-shape over him these days.

Then you are truly a fool. I'm sorry. But how you cannot understand the criticism is beyond me.

5 Minute long World title matches do nothing for anyone.

Okada was a far more dominant champion than Brock Lesnar, had 50 to 80 times the amount of matches and 1000 times the amount of in-ring time.

He was the man. The new ace. The Champion and no matter how much you wanted his opponent to be champion, Okada constantly overperformed and his opponents came out of matches with him better than they looked going into them. Every. Single. Time. For 700+ days or rather 1500 days, since he never stopped being awesome, when he didn't have the title since his return in 2012.

This is the era we live in. This is what a World Champion can be.

And you can't see why Brock Lesnar's 5 minute long, World Championship, squash matches don't do anything for alot of wrestling fans. And I'm not even going to mention that loses don't affect him at all, therefore lowering the value of a victory over him.

Not normally a big critic of WWE shows (even those slated by most people) but this has to be the worst one I've seen. Wrestlers clearly didn't want to be there (most anyway). Goldberg and Brock decisions were terrible (making Fiend and everyone beaten by him look really weak). Was liking the Monday night messiah storyline but that fiend loss just makes Seth and the others look weak as well so I'm off that now.

Lesnar's booking overall has been fantastic since the Rollins feud. I can't see how anyone can be so bent out-of-shape over him these days.

Then you are truly a fool. I'm sorry. But how you cannot understand the criticism is beyond me.

Okada was a far more dominant champion than Brock Lesnar, had 50 to 80 times the amount of matches and 1000 times the amount of in-ring time.

He was the man. The new ace. The Champion and no matter how much you wanted his opponent to be champion, Okada constantly overperformed and his opponents came out of matches with him better than they looked going into them. Every. Single. Time. For 700+ days or rather 1500 days, since he never stopped being awesome, when he didn't have the title since his return in 2012.

And you can't see why Brock Lesnar's 5 minute long, World Championship, squash matches don't do anything for alot of wrestling fans. And I'm not even going to mention that loses don't affect him at all, therefore lowering the value of a victory over him.

Hell Jericho was defending his belt alot in AEW and putting on fun matches.

Id go a bit further back and say since Bryan. Honestly, I don't know what's happened but since that match Lesnar has really stepped it up.

Oh yeah, that's true. Bryan was before Rollins. You're right, that was a great match.

There's not one single formula on how to book a champ. You can book a champ several ways. Okada's worked and so has Lesnar's (at least for me).

Not every Lesnar match is a squash. And not all squash matches are bad.

Id go a bit further back and say since Bryan. Honestly, I don't know what's happened but since that match Lesnar has really stepped it up.

Oh yeah, that's true. Bryan was before Rollins. You're right, that was a great match.

There's not one single formula on how to book a champ. You can book a champ several ways. Okada's worked and so has Lesnar's (at least for me).

Not every Lesnar match is a squash. And not all squash matches are bad.

Nothing of that justifies not understanding Lesnar's critics.

"fantastic" is still an exaggeration.

Lesnars booking is literally the same it ever was since he won the WWE championship years ago. "Squash matches", and a fun match with best wrestlers in the world here and there. And tbh, I never had even a problem with "squash matches" that much. But his booking formula is always the damn same. That is a fact.

I liked Brock on screen as in his image and possible performance, sure, but not anymore, not as champ. I don't even hate it, I just don't watch it and I'm numb to it. Also one of the reasons why I have 0 interest in Drew vs Brock.

SD going into Weestlemania: Roman Reigns vs Goldberg, Cena vs Bray II.

Talk about dogshit. Pun possibly intended.

Oh and, *Censored* Cena also.

i wont allow this.

yeah cena rules

You're both so old as shit that Cena nostalgia got to you. smh

edit: you too Ziggy :shift:

edit edit; I'm old too :(

Cause there are people there who are more talented who deserve that spot over a subpar MMA fighter who has no real interest in wrestling.

Like at this point im even tired of Heyman's deal cause hes run out of shit to say.

People complained about Cena being the same old shit, Lesnar is legit the same old shit.

More talented? Subjective.

Deserve? Do they sell more merch? Do they put more butts in the seats? Do they make the belt special or would the belt be working overtime to make them seem special? Why does anyone deserve anything moreso than anyone else?

Brock is champion because Brock is the only one who should be champion at this point in time. If Drew beats him, imagine the wonders it will do for Drew. Even if his NXT title run was boring imo

"fantastic" is still an exaggeration.

Lesnars booking is literally the same it ever was since he won the WWE championship years ago. "Squash matches", and a fun match with best wrestlers in the world here and there. And tbh, I never had even a problem with "squash matches" that much. But his booking formula is always the damn same. That is a fact.

I liked Brock on screen as in his image and possible performance, sure, but not anymore, not as champ. I don't even hate it, I just don't watch it and I'm numb to it. Also one of the reasons why I have 0 interest in Drew vs Brock.

No, not a fact. I don't recall any of his feuds in recent memory being as story-driven and dramatic as the whole Rey saga. So that wasn't the same. And his Rumble match was something we've never seen before -- so that's new, too.

More talented? Subjective.

Deserve? Do they sell more merch? Do they put more butts in the seats? Do they make the belt special or would the belt be working overtime to make them seem special? Why does anyone deserve anything moreso than anyone else?

Brock is champion because Brock is the only one who should be champion at this point in time. If Drew beats him, imagine the wonders it will do for Drew. Even if his NXT title run was boring imo

You got dudes like Owens and Rollins who have been busting their asses on Raw and you don't think they deserve a title run. Seth deserves alot for turning his character around the way he did and Owens is a constant top seller and fan favorite.

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived