Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Baseless bitching hasn't been an issue here much since a few of the worst offenders got themselves banned, but anyone who doesn't think it isn't an issue elsewhere (especially the 2K forums and the 2K facebook page) is crazy.

I couldn't deal with the 2K forums anymore. Between the constant bitching about whatever to the incredibly poor moderator, it was not worth the hassle. Though I have found great entertainment in just reading the shit storms over minor things from time to time.

Every time I try to read anything over there, that Tomato guy pretty much instantly makes me close the tab.

On the plus side, like I said, this place has been better than ever when it comes to actual discussion regarding the game in recent years.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am genuinely curious/concerned over what this new control scheme is. Got an email from gamestop for the pre order and it mentioned the streamlined controls thing wotj it saying theres a new control scheme that makes gameplay more accessible than ever. That could either be really good or really bad.

After reading everything thats been announced, it sounds like WWE 2K19.5

Showcase mode isn't appealing to me whatsoever as I never use the female roster anyway. Career mode is just a new story with the addition of females being playable.

At best, I'll probably just pick this up 6 months after release when it's on sale/cheaper.

I'm not the biggest Showcase fan, really enjoyed the Daniel Bryan one mostly because it got me a Bryan Danielson on disc model, but it seems like a bad idea to do a showcase on something that has maybe five years tops of potential matches. A full women's showcase could've been something really great.

The graphics may not be top AAA videogame quality but it doesn't have to be. It's fine and the best it's ever been. Some character models always come out bad, some need a bit more polish and some are damn good!

The footage and screenshots look much better to me on my TV,on YouTube at the highest setting

Last year's Showcase had 11-12 matches, I'm sure there's at least 12 matches that involved these 4 from 2013-2019 that they can include

- Charlotte vs Natalya NXT Women's Title 2014

- NXT TakeOver Rival Fatal 4 Way 2015

- Becky vs Sasha NXT TakeOver Respect

- Bayley vs Sasha Takeover Brooklyn

- Bayley vs Sasha Takeover Respect

- Team PCB vs Team BAD vs Team Bella Summerslam 2015

- Becky vs Sasha vs Charlotte WM 32

- Charlotte vs Sasha HIAC 2016

- Charlotte vs Asuka WM 34

- Becky vs Charlotte vs Carmella Summerslam 2018

- Becky vs Charlotte Evolution 2018

- Women's Tag Titles Elimination Chamber 2019

- Becky vs Ronda vs Charlotte WM 35

Last year's Showcase had 11-12 matches, I'm sure there's 12 matches that involved these 4 from 2013-2019 that they can include

I'm sure there are, but I don't know what it'll add to the overall game in terms of content. NXT versions of the four is a nice addition but most things about the four women hasn't changed all that much, outside of Lynch's new gimmick. Getting legends or classic arenas, extra moves for CAWs, have been a nice addition from Showcases in the past. When all the content from the 2K20 showcase is stuff from 2K17 or should've been in 2K16, it's harder to be pumped about that.

Becky and Roman seems like such an odd choice for the cover stars, i mean Seth and Becky seem alot more understandable, but what has Roman done over the last year of note? Just seems like he hasn't really done anything to warrant being one of the cover stars. Becky and Kofi would even make more sense.

I remember they replaced Showcase with Road to Glory in 2K18 (till we got both last year) which was pretty much useless unless you played online and/or did MyCareer lol

Agreed. I'd take a 2K20 showcase on all of the Women's Tag Matches from 2018 till now over Road to Glory's return

Becky and Roman seems like such an odd choice for the cover stars, i mean Seth and Becky seem alot more understandable, but what has Roman done over the last year of note? Just seems like he hasn't really done anything to warrant being one of the cover stars. Becky and Kofi would even make more sense.

Overcome cancer

Roman is a top guy in the company,his return was seen as a big deal and he's featured in a big movie with his cousin The Rock. It was pretty much guaranteed he would be on the cover this year or next after AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins have already been cover stars

This and the comment about him overcoming leukaemia basically sum up why Roman would be on the cover.

Seriously, PR wise... A woman in 2019 and a man who overcame a potentially terminal illness within the last 12 months... Then they're both top of their respective divisions...

Despite Kofi being WWE Champ he's not exactly a top guy. From a marketing stand point it makes total sense to have Becky with Roman beside her. Plus I'd argue that Kofi is still so synonymous with The New Day, it would be a bit weird to put him on and leave those 2 out. Marketability is also a reason I'd argue that Becky isn't on by herself. I'm a fan of hers, she's good... But to appeal to that wider audience that WWE seems to have all but lost these past few years it makes sense to add your "top guy".

2-3 months lmao 3 months is after the game has released
Yeah, this won't be a game mode, this sounds more like a second class wannabe Manager phone app. He teased that before in his Manager mode videos.

Don't let him fool you guys.

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1158526603292491776?s=19

Yep

2-3 months lmao 3 months is after the game has released
Yeah, this won't be a game mode, this sounds more like a second class wannabe Manager phone app. He teased that before in his Manager mode videos.

Don't let him fool you guys.

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1158526603292491776?s=19

Yep

Well *Censored* me. There goes my hopes. I dont get why they dont add it in.

Archived