Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

I don't believe that Henry story. Never heard about Henry being anything other than loved and respected...also, being a legit World's Strongest Man and Olympic athlete, I have my doubts that anyone would *Censored* with him.

Conrad and Bischoff just told this story on 83 Weeks not that long ago. Conrad said that's what X-Pac was making fun of during DX's parody of the Nation segment. He said something like "Hey hey hey Rock, I don't know what you're cooking, smells like shit, but I think I'll have some anyway." And apparently that's when Henry found out about the rib.

Also, not so long ago on Stone Cold's podcast, Mark Henry himself talked about how he was constantly ribbed. He didn't know how common it was to do that to the new guys as a way to break the ice, bust their balls, etc. Then he threatened Bradshaw that he would kill him next time he tried something, which lead to JBL getting Farooq to tell him how stupid he's being. I think after that he got sent to OVW to improve but also learn how to act in the locker room.

Yeah. It was in Deep South Wrestling. I remember since I thought Mike Knox and Derek Neikirk were going to be a monster tag team.

Anyway, today I learned that the Bludgeon Brother's finisher originally used by CZW's own, The Backseat Boys, Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere. Harper thought it would be a way to pay tribute to Trent Acid.

Guest Fight Me.

TIL the original plan when JR went into the Hall of Fame in 2007 was to retire him and replace him with Todd Grisham lol JR says Grisham told him when they became close as the SD commentary team 2 years later.

TIL that CM Punk shit himself during a match

because of the z pak or was that a different time?

I remember he said during Colt's podcast that it was due to the antibiotics they gave him for the MRSA infection, which he said was the most painful experience of his life.

Archived